Bought vape from seedy seller

So earlier today I bought a vape off of myrubberneck thinking that it was a good deal. I talk to my friend about it, and he sends me a link to this topic: http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=3905

I'm now really pissed off about the whole thing, and I don't know what my next step should be. I bought it off of his eBay account a few hours ago, so is there anything I can really do?

probablyinaband,

steiner666

Serial vapist
"I bought an arizer extreme q 4.0 from the ebay seller rubberneck. Everything seems to check out, I got my vape in reasonable time. The only screwups from the seller are A) forgetting the apartment number on the shipping label, B) putting pics of the vape and all this other informative information on the box, trying to get it to come off as a potpourri device... i don't need my apartment leasing office to know that i have a giant vaporizer in my room. Other than that I have no real complaints, and it is quite nice. I don't know about the warranty though, I assumed I had it, but i'll monitor this thread for updates."

I dunno, that person doesnt sound too disappointed. I think buying through ebay might offer some level of buyer protection usually, so I'm fairly confident youll get your vape. Sounds like the worst case scenario is that you wont have the warranty to go with it if its not an authorized reseller for that particular vape.

Im not sure if you can cancel purchases on ebay or not, but maybe contact them and/or seller to try if you think you should. If you havent paid for it yet you could just choose not to and risk a negative ebay buyer feedback.

Theres also more than likely a return period. you could just not use/open it and send it back.

steiner666,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
probablyinaband said:
So earlier today I bought a vape off of myrubberneck thinking that it was a good deal. I talk to my friend about it, and he sends me a link to this topic: http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=3905

I'm now really pissed off about the whole thing, and I don't know what my next step should be. I bought it off of his eBay account a few hours ago, so is there anything I can really do?

I bought from them unknowingly and they delivered. I received my Q in like 3-4 days in the original box with all acessories and parts. no issues so far. The warranty issue may have prevented my purchases but I honestly did not know until after the fact and had 0 issues with that seller on ebay.

Frothy

ru_frothi,

gettin lifted

psychonaut
sorry to hear that bud. when i bought my first vape (iolite) i got it on ebay and then found out later about the warranty issue with not buying from a registered reseller. luckily i contacted iolites manufacturer and they told me they honor every iolite warranty regardless where you bought it. so i got lucky about that. my 2 year warranty is almost up and its still a solid unit.

i bet your vape will be fine but am unsure the manufacturer will honor the warranty. most manufacturers however will fix/preform maintenance on your vape for a low amount of money. just wont be free like with the warranty.

gettin lifted,

max

Out to lunch
gettin lifted said:
luckily i contacted iolites manufacturer and they told me they honor every iolite warranty regardless where you bought it.
When was this? That doesn't fit with the company using 'authorized dealer logos' and dealer codes, which is the current status.

probablyinaband said:
I bought a vape off of myrubberneck thinking that it was a good deal.
I don't think this dealer is an authorized seller for any vape maker. For some brands it may not matter, but Arizer, iolite, and Zephyr are 3 companies that have stated that it DOES matter who you buy from, as far as getting a manufacturer's warranty.

max,

DaveWaves

Vapor Noob
I almost pulled the trigger on an EQ from the same guy, then read the thread here about authorized sellers. Instead I bought a fake PD from a guy with a bad name on this forum...oops.

Makes sense that if someone is selling for a third or more off retail, that should be a red flag.

DaveWaves,

gettin lifted

psychonaut
max said:
gettin lifted said:
luckily i contacted iolites manufacturer and they told me they honor every iolite warranty regardless where you bought it.
When was this? That doesn't fit with the company using 'authorized dealer logos' and dealer codes, which is the current status.

probablyinaband said:
I bought a vape off of myrubberneck thinking that it was a good deal.
I don't think this dealer is an authorized seller for any vape maker. For some brands it may not matter, but Arizer, iolite, and Zephyr are 3 companies that have stated that it DOES matter who you buy from, as far as getting a manufacturer's warranty.

little over a year and a half ago. not sure if they still hold the warranty but when i checked with them when i got it they said they would honor any warranty as long as i had a receipt with the date of purchase.

gettin lifted,
Top Bottom