Bong Scum

Pappy

shmaporist
This is an offshoot of this...
http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?pid=100547#p100547
"Bong Scum" in action -- a viscous honey oil-like substance that sticks to the walls of my bongs. :D Kindly post your bong scum pix, vids, and obsevations.
20101201-j839sentgce12d1h48dpir39gn.jpg

Pappy,

smokeberry

The grimy build up sometimes makes me wish for a proboscises.

Oh, and the thread title would make an ace name for a greasy punk band.

smokeberry,

Nycdeisel

lol agreed that "Bong Scum" should fit the name of some punk band.

anyway, I just noticed, that after a while of sitting with water that had vapor passed through it, my bong starts to smell like a vase of flowers that had been left for a while, gross. Then I just clean it :)

Nycdeisel,

SmokingElectricity

nice hot water rinse after each session usually takes care of this. also using filtered/bottled water instead of boring old tap water during sessions helps with hard water and grime stains.

EDIT: more like prevent these stains. i'm baked. :p

SmokingElectricity,

Nycdeisel

I would like to avoid using tap water, but I like using hot water in my bong. I dont want to have to heat filtered water on the stove just for my bong! im not sure of an easy way to do this

Nycdeisel,

Spacenstein

Nycdeisel said:
I would like to avoid using tap water, but I like using hot water in my bong. I dont want to have to heat filtered water on the stove just for my bong! im not sure of an easy way to do this

I use hot water a lot too.. I just grab a bottle of filtered water, drink a bit, and put the rest in the microwave and nuke it! :D I guess this could be hard if you don't have a microwave. You could also find a tiny jar or something and place it on top of your soon-to-come PD and let it heat up for 8 or so minutes before your vape session. (considering you choose to leave your PD on 24/7) Hope I could help :)

-Spacey.

Spacenstein,

Nycdeisel

Thanks for the reccomendations, But I will keep liquids away from my PD, thank you! :lol:

I will probably end up microwaving in a glass cup/jar, no plastic for me thanks.

Nycdeisel,

Spacenstein

Nycdeisel said:
Thanks for the reccomendations, But I will keep liquids away from my PD, thank you! :lol:

I will probably end up microwaving in a glass cup/jar, no plastic for me thanks.

Having a sealed mason jar atop your PD shouldn't cause too much stress, but I will respect your choice-- even though, the PD is literally indestructible! I don't microwave the plastic.. (although, people microwave plastic containers all day long, I don't think you need to be too anal about it :lol:) I pour the rest of the water into a pyrex measuring cup, then microwave it.. It helps to have a tiny measuring cup too; figure out how much water is needed in your bubbler/bong, and from then on just measure out that amount, and that amount exactly.. ;)

Spacenstein,

EonBlue

Soul Rebel
Quick Tip: Rinse with distilled white vinegar every week or two, it will eliminate any mineral residue left from tap water and bring back the bling!

EonBlue,

Pappy

shmaporist
^ Good comments all! Yeah, Bong Scum, a punk band. :lol: Gotta get into the hot water thing. I thought it was exclusive to lwien. :) It occurred to me the cold water filtering through the vapor might triggers bong scum and others in the know have seconded that. Will have to try the white distilled vinegar, Eon.

Pappy,

Nycdeisel

White distilled vinegar has always been my method of cleaning hard water stains from glass. Just a soak overnight followed by a rinse with filtered water.

Nope, I love using hot water. I need to get one of those Pyrex measuring cups, I heated up some water -that was in a plastic bottle- in a glass, and it just didnt taste the same as tap water, then again, NY does have exceptional tap water :lol: ....

Hot water does a better job of humidifying the vapor, imho.

Nycdeisel,

SalamiCity

It's called stem hash yum yum in my tum tum. Vinegar/lime is good for hard water stains.

SalamiCity,
Top Bottom