• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Bong Question (EHLE, et al.) & more

Evil1

I meant ice pinch. How does a separate ice box work ? I was considering a pre-cooler as well but decided its overkill.
I see EDIT sells charcoal granules as well. I assume this would filter tar but would leave the good stuff alone ?

Evil1,

Chubba

Vaporbonger
I meant an ashcatcher (precooler), indeed, it would be overkill for vapor.

The carbon adaptors look interesting, there hasn't been enough research done to convince me.

Going to have a new Roor.de in a week to test out :D:D:D

Got an idea of PD + Roor in my head with SSV tubing (very short length, 1/2 foot) + VB's ground glass attachment.

Going to be SICK, extremely effecient PD vaporbonging without the sillyness of upside down PD's :D

Chubba,

graywulf

Chubba said:
The carbon adaptors look interesting, there hasn't been enough research done to convince me.
With how clean those little porous rocks keep my bong vs. a normal water ashcatcher I'd say they're really efficient. Hits seems smoother. Plus I think a clean one (I have the RooR one) is a nice addition to any glass setup. Activated carbon has been used as a filtering agent for a while. Be it air, water, or industrial processes.

Nasty particulate matter has a (-) charge while carbon has a (+) charge. Add that to carbon's microporosity and voila, excellent filtration.

graywulf,

illadelph

vaked fresh daily
graywulf said:
Chubba said:
With how clean those little porous rocks keep my bong vs. a normal water ashcatcher I'd say they're really efficient. Hits seems smoother. Plus I think a clean one (I have the RooR one) is a nice addition to any glass setup. Activated carbon has been used as a filtering agent for a while. Be it air, water, or industrial processes.

Nasty particulate matter has a (-) charge while carbon has a (+) charge. Add that to carbon's microporosity and voila, excellent filtration.
i concur. i have an roor carbon filter on my illadelph too. i also put a few activated carbon stones in the water to keep it fresh like BRITA. :brow:

illadelph,

Evil1

Just to clarify - Ive ordered a bong with a 18.8mm joint - will the whip from the Extreme (which is 18.8mm) fit straight in or do I need any extra parts ? Ive read a mention of an O-ring somewhere.
I wasn't sure ro post my question here or in the Extreme section.

Evil1,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
Evil1 said:
do I need any extra parts?
No, it will fit fine :)

Evil1 said:
Ive read a mention of an O-ring somewhere.
You might be thinking of a keck clip. This is not needed with your E settup. A keck clip is made so the diffuser CAN NOT come undone from the joint of the bong. It clips in in place so you don't accidentally pull out the diffy and smash it into pieces.

I hope that's what you were talking about. :uhoh:

:peace:

Hennessy1414,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
The thing with any glass on glass apparatus is you gotta know how to lock the glass into place! You put in the downstem and give it a twist clockwise so it locks into place. That's how I avoid using a keck clip anyhow.....

p.s. Enjoy the clouds :bigleaf:

Hennessy1414,

Chubba

Vaporbonger
Giving this thread a bump... I want to see Evil's1 new 5mm EHLE/Extreme setup, he ordered from EDIT at the same time/just before me.

Here's the Roor.de 3.2mm Little Sista / PD combo as promised.

vape.jpg

Chubba,

Evil1

Chubba - when I ordered the 5mm there was a delay getting my payment approved by EDIT - I reconsidered and ended up getting a 37cm once instead - I thought the 5mm would be a bit awkward to pass around.
I got this one :
http://www.everyonedoesit.com/onlin..._Bong_Hexagon_Foot__500ml.cfm?iProductID=5911
and added a diffuser.
It works a charm. I set the E's temp to 195 (instead of 185 for regular vaping). The higher temp seems to work better - I think its because more air is sucked through when using a bong.
What level should I fill the water to ?
Im considering adding a pre-cooler - I know its not needed but I like the science experiment look :)

Evil1,

josh

Got my 100ml EHLE from EDIT earlier this week. Nice ice cooled vapor hits.

josh,

graywulf

Chubba, what diameter of tubing is that and where did you get it? Is that a 14.5 mm setup?

graywulf,

Chubba

Vaporbonger
Tubing is SSV tubing, I just got an extra 3ft with my SSV order but chopped it up for PD use. I don't know the measurements but I assume a lot of people on here know and will chime in.

Adaptor is Vaporbrothers 14mm H20.
Downstem is Roor 14.4mm.

Chubba,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
Evil1 said:
I think its because more air is sucked through when using a bong.
...And this statment right here is why I second guess my E from time to time :uhoh: Oh well its stoner friendly (good customer support and remote handy :brow: ) and it blows one hell of a bag. Great for the money, but not quite the heavy hitter I'm looking for. I'll ponder all that later.
What level should I fill the water to?
Well unless im using an inline I like to take out the diffuser entirely. I fill the water line just below the GONG joint providing less chamber to milk up...I.E. Creating thicker hits :brow: Also I can keep the temps on the lower end to fully preserve the flavors all throughout the bowl like you originally enjoyed in the first place. Now this keeps it from being pushed into the darker and darker flavor realms of corn :lol: Keep it safe and keep the taste....no corn needed
:2c:
Im considering adding a pre-cooler - I know its not needed but I like the science experiment look :)
Well unless you want to smoke bowls out of that ash catcher (pre-cooler) then I encourage you to add some to your bong. But if your like me and you want to stick with vapor only I suggest keeping your piece one chamber. like you said up there...more bong chamber space for the vapor to fill up...more air in your hit.

Hope your not kicking yourself for not getting the smaller sized 250ML EHLE. I have personally ripped that lil beauty and oh my...the pictures are VERY deceiving. At first I thought it was the 100ML Ehle. :o Solid tubes for sure.

Hennessy1414,

Evil1

So far Im happy with the 500ml but Im glad I didn't get the bigger one.
I must say Im temped to smoke through it to see what a difference the water, ice and diffuser make but I know I'll regret it when I can't speak and my throat is on fire.
What temp do you set the E at when you're using the bong ?

Evil1,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
Tiny seed beads added to the bong would make the diffusion a little bit more bubbly :brow:

anyhow...I have a V2 Extreme (max temp 250C) and I usually always use the elbow pack method. I warm the unit up with the bowl loaded and glass bowl inserted into the machine. I run it at 240C for 5-7 minutes then I bring it back down to 235C. Ill connect the whip to my bong and slightly drag on it. This heats up the bowl a tad bit more effectively. Once I see the start of vapor forming I turn the temps down to 220C. While the numbers start to decrease I begin to turn on fan 1 to get er' going. Then I up my draw speed and increase to fan speed 2. At this point my mini inline is so full of creamy vapors its almost unbearable. I might turn it down to 215C or 210C in mid hit depending on the type of weed I have loaded. I quickly shut off the fan and pull out the whip clearing the creams right into my head :ko:

Hennessy1414,

vaelrenx

Hey - question for anyone regarding the EHLE 100ml - how many ice cubes can you fit in there and do they have to be extra small (can you fit the standard ice cube tray ones in it?)?

Also does the one from EDIT come with the 14.4mm bowl and downstem?

vaelrenx,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Hi vaelrenx,

100ml is a very small tube, with the EHLE. there's about 10cm of height for ice and the inside diameter is about 28mm.

EDIT ships it with the medium cone bowl and a downstem.

vtac,

vaelrenx

awesome, thanks vtac. With regards to the bowl it comes with do you know if thats the one that ILoveRadiohead! over in the DIY Hakko post are fitting with the SSV heater cover? I just want to make sure its the right one before I order it.

Thanks!

vaelrenx,

vape4health

Has anyone in PA ordered from EDIT , and at worst would they just take the bong or could I maybe face charge's . Lossing the packing would suck ass but if I'm really doing something illegal I'll just figure something else out .

vape4health,
Top Bottom