Boiling temperature of psychoactive chemical compound in Cannabis

AcADIeN

Sylvain
Doing a couple research I had to do a post about it on here so everyone will be able to find it.

Cannabis is made of more than 65 different psychoactive chemical compound, but here is what you guys are looking for.

Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) : boiling point -> 157C (315F) flash point -> not sure
Properties: Euphoriant, Analgesic, Antiinflammatory, Antioxidant, Antiemetic

Cannabidiol (CBD) : boiling point -> 180C(356F) flash point -> 207C(405F)
Properties: Anxiolytic, Analgesic, Antipsychotic, Antiinflammatory, Antioxidant, Antispasmodic

Cannabinol (CBN) : boiling point -> 185C(365F) flash point -> 212C(414F)
Properties: Oxidation, breakdown, product, Sedative, Antibiotic

Cannabichromene (CBC) : boiling point -> 220C(428F) flash point -> not sure
Properties: Antiinflammatory, Antibiotic, Antifungal

Cannabigerol (CBG) : boiling point ->not sure flash point -> not sure
Properties: Antiinflammatory, Antibiotic, Antifungal

Tetrahydrocannabivarin (THCV) : boiling point -> 220C(428F) flashpoint -> not sure
Properties: Analgesic. Anti-inflammatory, Antibiotic, Antimutagenic

Pulegone : boiling point -> 224C(436) flash point -> not sure
Properties: Memory booster, AChE inhibitor, Sedative, Antipyretic

Here is a good pdf about other stuff that is not here, a good read.

http://www.cannabis-med.org/data/pdf/2001-03-04-7.pdf

Boiling point is what you guys are looking for when vaporizing, flash point is when it burned.

Edit: cannabis seem to start to burn at approx 500-700C and I'm sure the reason why I can't find the exact temperature is because it depends on the strain of the plant.

Feel free to correct me on anything.

AcADIeN,

AcADIeN

Sylvain
yeah well this post is about the compound boiling point and properties about them, I know what you are saying, that other post show useful stuff and easy to understand the temperature of what it does, but when you want to explain why you want it at X temperature, you just say "Well it's a post on FC that told me that" I can say "Read the damn research pdf" haha.

thanks for pointing me to that post.

AcADIeN,

herbgirl

cannabis aromatherapist
That is really a great link, thank you for it.
It even delves into the essential oil profiles - this is fascinating to me!

herbgirl,

420izzle

thank you for that link. It helped me understand something I experienced when using that 'spice' junk.

Excerpt:
"Other compounds in herbal cannabis may ameliorate the side effects of
THC. Whole cannabis causes fewer psychological side effects than synthetic
THC, seen as symptoms of dysphoria, depersonalization, anxiety, panic reactions,
and paranoia (Grinspoon and Bakalar 1997)."

After about 2 months of using 'spice' I started feeling all those symptoms. I was trying to substitute and still be a stoner (using it multiple times per day) and it did NOT work.

So I looked up Dysphoria and BAM, this is exactly how I would describe my feelings when overloaded with synthetic THC:

"Dysphoria (from Greek ???????? (dysphoros), from ???-, difficult, and ??????, to bear) is an unpleasant or uncomfortable mood, such as sadness (depressed mood), anxiety, irritability, or restlessness. Etymologically, it is the opposite of euphoria.

Dysphoria refers only to a condition of mood and may be experienced in response to ordinary life events, such as illness or grief. Additionally, it is a feature of many psychiatric disorders, including anxiety disorders and mood disorders. Dysphoria is usually experienced during depressive episodes, but in people with bipolar disorder, it may also be experienced during manic or hypomanic episodes. Dysphoria in the context of a mood disorder indicates a heightened risk of suicide."

I'm a Libertarian minded individual, but I don't want this synthesized thc in gas stations etc.

420izzle,

rabblerouser

Combustion Fucker
pretty cool, some good terpenenoid and even flavanoid info in there.

Can find pieces of some of that info in other places, i'd love even more comprehensive info on specific terpenoids and strains known to have certain ones. I think GreenHouse seeds is the only company crazy enough to publish chromatography info on their strains.

rabblerouser,

aesthyrian

Blaaaaah
Wow this is cool stuff. I've never been a fan of PDF files but this one I can like. Thanks!

aesthyrian,

thedeserttortoise

This PDF is the bomb... it's inclusion of the constituents common to milk thistle, rosemary, and saw palmetto in relationship to cannabis is crucial information. The best point made is about the carcinogenic compounds released at temps above 185 Celsius (I hope I read that right). This leads me in a new direction relative to my vaping temps and forces me to do some experimentation. I was also amazed about the information relative to the compounds in black pepper (also in weed at a lesser level) that is effective in the cessation of tobacco smoking. And the rosemary compound that is used in Alzheimer treatment. Makes me want to add a little rosemary to my blend to counteract the THC induced short term memory loss.. wait a minute....what was I just saying? :)

edit: my mistake. The study states that Benzene and other carcinogens were not released in vapor until the temp reached 200 degree celsius. In looking over the study it really seems that the majority of the good constituents were released at the temps below 200. Hats off for your work on this PDF and your contribution here. It's really an eye opener for me.. I regularly burn at 200 to 210 in my Extreme. I'm running it down to 185 right now to see how it (I) behave.... thanks again...Tortoise

PS> I'm medically malcontent. 5 heart attacks, peripheral neuropathy, degenerative disc decease, arthritis, and the regular self induced malady's caused by riding my R1 170 miles per hour... and crashing occasionally, rodeo's, and working heavy construction 30 years.... it all adds up! Do it all again... you bet!

thedeserttortoise,
Top Bottom