Boiled Hose and now it's no longer clear

CosmoKramer

I boiled the hose from a Buddha vape and now the once clear hose is a foggy, almost completely white, color. I obviously should not have boiled it.. but what happened to change the plastic and is it safe to use still? Has anyone heard of this?

CosmoKramer,

max

Out to lunch
It's probably OK to use, since tubing isn't exposed to enough heat during the vaping process to be a problem. Personally though, I'd be ordering some new tubing ASAP. 7th Floor has very good pricing if you order 10-20 ft.

I wouldn't even boil glass to clean it. Leaves a residue you'll have to clean off with alcohol anyway. ISO and maybe some salt is all you need to clean glass. When your tubing gets dirty, replace it.

max,

CosmoKramer

weirdest shit ever. past 3 days the tube went from completely clear to foggy white after boiling, then back to clear..

Can anyone elaborate on the bizarre chemical reaction that occurred during the boiling which apparently only temporarily turns the tubing a different color? by the way; new wand kit is in transit.

CosmoKramer,

CosmoKramer

and it wasn't steam on the inside of the tubing from it being hot after the boiling. It was almost a solid white color after 24 hours of cooling. Then gradually must have turned back clear.. weirdness

:uhoh:

CosmoKramer,

steiner666

Serial vapist
Yeah one of my hoses did that too, and it also pretty much returned to its original state a while later. I didnt boil it, but i did plug the ends and shake a tiny bit of ISO around in it for about 5-10 seconds and then put a funnel in one end and held it up to my faucet and ran really hot water through it for a few mins. I think it might just be some sort of residue that didnt get completely rinsed out or something. Like, i dont think it would happen if you did the same thing to unused tubing, but i might be wrong on that one.

steiner666,

CosmoKramer

I dunno man, I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the plastic not the resin. I'm still pretty curious as to what happened.

New hose came from vapeworld but it's got 2 kinks in the middle and it's also got this extreme plastic smell even after an iso and water rinse. Plus both ends of the tube are botched cuts. Looks like they just ripped off 3 feet of tubing from some giant spool in a warehouse, threw it in a yellow envelope and mailed it. Probably should return it.

CosmoKramer,
Top Bottom