Blood Oxygen %89

biohacker

What? Why are you posting about e-cigs, nicotine solvents, and tobacco? Please feel free to provide any evidence for cannabis vapour ill effects.

biohacker,
Reactions: grokit

Gnomebe

Vaporizers have been linked to acute suffocation.

Vaping Cannabis can promote the bodys defenses.

I hope all understand that you can heal. Change.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gnomebe,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth

ok . . . harm reduction is the goal.
The study Gnomebe cited said:
CONCLUSIONS
Vapors from ECs contain toxic and carcinogenic carbonyl compounds. Both solvent and battery output voltage significantly affect levels of carbonyl compounds in EC vapors. Levels of carbonyls rapidly increase with increased battery output voltage. New generation of high-voltage ECs may put their users in increased health risk from exposure to high levels of carbonyl compounds although the risk will still probably be much lower compared with smoking.

t-dub,

Gnomebe

:party: :goat:
PG may have deleterious effect on health. There are probably dozens of better alternatives to PG but currently that's all there is. Carbonyl byproducts may just be the tip of the Vaporizer problem. :rockon:

Gnomebe,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Actually, some people here are using PEG 200/400 to help suspend cannabinoids in concentrate liquids. VG seems preferable to PG but I don't vape nicotine.

t-dub,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
For concentrates I'm diggin' convection dabbing. No additives, no torch, no nail, just medicine.

t-dub,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

DJ Colonel Corn

The Vapor Ninja
OK this is getting confusing. I believe this confusion is all stemming from this one user's mistaken idea that (a) we vaporize nicotine e-liquids and (b) only PG is available.
Both of these points are untrue. Vegetable Glycerine, even USP Organic, is available widely for e-cig users.
Is the user aware that e-cigs and vaporizers are not necessarily the same thing ?
When we say 'flowers' we mean Cannabis. Cannabis does not require mixing with any sort of chemical whatsoever in order to vaporize.
I think this is either deliberate or someone who does not know the English language well, or, has NO previous knowledge or experience of the vaporization of cannabis and its concentrates.
That said, I think people need to be aware of what's called a "troll' on the Internet.
Have a vapy day, kids !

biohacker

I think this is either deliberate or someone who does not know the English language well, or, has NO previous knowledge or experience of the vaporization of cannabis and its concentrates.
That said, I think people need to be aware of what's called a "troll' on the Internet.
Have a vapy day, kids !

Completely agree, and has been reported. I can't take this anymore so i'm outta this thread! Way too painful.

biohacker,

DJ Colonel Corn

The Vapor Ninja
:doh:
OK... on reviewing this thread, I don't think this person is a troll. In other words, I think the user isn't deliberately causing problems. I think they're honestly confused about vaping and cannabis, somehow thinking this forum is about e-cigarettes. So I wouldn't necessarily report them, but maybe it'll give the admins a chance to explain the focus of this forum.
Sorry to get off topic here folks, all the best to you, and, happy vaping !
P.S. !: My oxygen level is stable at %95 the past 3 tests.
:bigleaf:

DJ Colonel Corn

The Vapor Ninja
Unfortunately my blood oxygen has lowered to 88% and i'm getting oxygen and nebulizer this week.
I'm still vaping cannabis and doing what I can to promote healthy breathing.
I've been diagnosed with COPD.
However, I do not believe vaping cannabis has contributed to my situation.
Just a warning about combustion, folks. It'll mess you up.
Thanks for all the replies. More soon.

DJ Colonel Corn,
Reactions: biohacker

myfairlady

Sorry to hear about your getting COPD and good luck with your promoting healthy breathing.

I just thought I'd chime is as my friend is a paramedic and he came round and checked our oxygen levels the other day whilst we were having a session. He was smoking flower with tobacco and I was vaping flower at the time. My oxygen level was 100. His was in the 90s. (Cant remember his exactly, 95 maybe). My boyfrend who has mainly quit combustion but occasionally smokes a joint and was smoking one (and also vaping flower) that night, was 98.

I smoked weed and tobacco almost every day for over 15 years. I quit combusting and nicotine just over 3 months ago. I have occasionally vaped eliquids, (no nicotine) but haven't done so for a couple of months. I vape flower almost every day. Unfortunately I don't know what my oxygen number was before, but clearly vaping flower is not causing any oxygen issues for me.

Hope that helps someone, good luck everyone

Paka-cholo

Flaccid Member
Folks I'd stress the importance of really getting to know how a pulse oxymeter works. You are measuring the saturation of molecules on the hemoglobin. This could be o2 or it could be CO. CO has a 210 time greater affinity to bind to hemoglobin.
For someone with COPD, please research the hypoxic drive theory. O2 sats are just a number clinicians use but they are part of a network of other tests such as chest x-rays and arterial blood gas analysis. Don't get caught up thinking just because your o2 sat is 88% that you're doing bad and that higher is better. Vise versa you could have a great o2 sat and be extremely hypoxic. Proceed with caution folks and listen to your body more than anything. Numbers are just numbers. If you don't feel right trust your gut.

Last edited:

Paka-cholo

Flaccid Member
How can you be extremely hypoxic with a great o2 sat? Because of COPD?
Because pulse oxymeters don't measure how oxygenated your blood is. They measure the percentage of saturation of the hemoglobin molecule in your blood.

COPD (caused by combustion) is the destruction of the A/C membrane which translates into a loss of elasticity of the lungs and loss of tissue (A/C membrane) that transfers gases into your bloodstream.
There are a few other disease processes that are under the COPD umbrella.

Last edited:
Paka-cholo,
Reactions: biohacker

biohacker

So if I have a reading of 95% on average it doesn't mean anything significantly from a health perspective compared someone that has 100%?

It measures this with light or something yeah?

And someone with CO poisoning could show a high o2% even though they are hypoxic?

Nice to have some experts on the subject! I always thought my 95-98% wasn't 100% due to daily vaping lol My friends who don't vape are at 99-100%.

Paka-cholo

Flaccid Member
I can't tell you that biohacker because I don't know :)
I can tell you that if you were really hypoxic, you more than likely would feel really short of breath. Just be careful with these pulse oxymeters.

Nobody's hemoglobin saturation is ever really 100% saturated. The most is like 98.sumthin % and the pulse oxymeters you get off eBay for really cheap can be extremely inaccurate. The devices we use in the hospital claim a +/- 2%. So that's why a 98% saturated hemoglobin will read 100% at times. Yes they use light absorbtion from one side of the finger to the next to give a reading. Nail polishes, specially red can alter readings as well.

Yes excatly somebody with CO poisoning will have a fully saturated hemoglobin 98%!

biohacker

Thanks again for the information, it's greatly appreciated. Makes sense, alot of those sensors are quite cheap, especially the battery operated ones.

biohacker,

DJ Colonel Corn

The Vapor Ninja
Eh
Some comments here.
When i feel tired and light-headed , sleepy and can't concentrate, and having a hard time breathing, my o2% is down between 88%-92%.
When I'm feeling better its more like 95%.
I'm using the hospital instruments alongside my own fda-approved oximeter and the results are the same every time.
Yes, high CO2 can results in a high oximeter reading but this is not the case with me.
Normally one is given oxygen and breathing treatments at 88% and they do make one feel better as well as raise the oximeter's readings.
By all means pay attention to your body, which is why I've had lung tests, blood test, etc.
I'm using oxygen therapy for now as my nebulizer still hasn't come together.
Remember folks, being skeptical is OK but I find most people believe the internet postings of random people over the advice of their own doctors. That's up to you.
For me, I actually do have COPD/Emphysema and am suffering from it.
Therefore I will continue to vape my cannabis and concentrates to avoid further damage to my lungs. Which funny enough the doctors agree on !
I've also been experimenting with medibles for the 1st time in a while.

Thanks to everyone posting, it means a lot to me to have your support during this trying time.

Top Bottom