Blazer Big Shot Vs Big Buddy

ElPic

Take my money
From the video I see on YouTube, my blazer seem to perform as she should, but I will probably never use it at maximum setting anyway... for my use for dabbing and with the Elev8r, the lowest setting way enough for me...

Alexis

From the video I see on YouTube, my blazer seem to perform as she should, but I will probably never use it at maximum setting anyway... for my use for dabbing and with the Elev8r, the lowest setting way enough for me...
Yes indeed only the lowest flame on Big Buddy is needed. I bet it is equal to the max flame on the dremel.

ElPic

Take my money
No, the Lowest setting on the blazer is still stronger than the max setting on the Dremel...
I now use the Dremel for my BBQ

ElPic,
Reactions: steama

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Some pictures of the flame size differences between my Dremel 2200 torch vs. Blazer Big Buddy... and they are practically the same price...
They are both at their max temps.
1524922942-951f57ef-273c-4100-bd79-920fa996b8fc.jpeg

1524923131-38fb54e8-9843-4cf2-89d8-25f6d9b0023e.jpeg

1524923131-c578fb34-0f00-4edb-9ce1-860f3a0bcffa.jpeg

Kudos to the GBS stickers. I've been buying their oils & balms for a few years now.
Good price for the quality, and of course their stickers are always great :tup:

Evilevile

Will the Big Buddy be overkill or too powerful for the Sticky Brick Jr?

I am also in need of a higher quality torch. With the money I've spent on cheap broken torches, I could have bought an awesome one.:rip::2c:

I need windproof, fartproof, fuelproof, foolproof. Power :worms:

Evilevile,

Ramahs

Will the Big Buddy be overkill or too powerful for the Sticky Brick Jr?

I am also in need of a higher quality torch. With the money I've spent on cheap broken torches, I could have bought an awesome one.:rip::2c:

I need windproof, fartproof, fuelproof, foolproof. Power :worms:

I don't own a Big Buddy, but I know what they are and have seen them. I'd suspect that it's way too big. I wouldn't even consider one for use with my sticky bricks.

You don't need a very big flame at all with a sticky brick, since almost all of the heat from the flame is going directly into the material you're vaporizing. All you need is an average-sized single-flame torch.

In my subjective experience with my HydroBrick Maxx, Both the consistency of the flame (remaining the exact same size, without fluctuating, and not having one side or the other side of the flame hotter), as well as the precision of the fine-adjustment of the flame, are both the important things that you want to look for in a perfect lighter for the sticky-brick line of vaporizers. But those are the hardest to find attributes in reasonably-priced lighters.

Even in the more consistent-flame lighters I have, It's hard or impossible to get to the "sweet-spot" flame size I'm looking for because the flame either goes to high or to low right at the spot I'm looking for and nowhere else, lol. It can be infuriating.

Evilevile

I don't own a Big Buddy, but I know what they are and have seen them. I'd suspect that it's way too big. I wouldn't even consider one for use with my sticky bricks.

You don't need a very big flame at all with a sticky brick, since almost all of the heat from the flame is going directly into the material you're vaporizing. All you need is an average-sized single-flame torch.

In my subjective experience with my HydroBrick Maxx, Both the consistency of the flame (remaining the exact same size, without fluctuating, and not having one side or the other side of the flame hotter), as well as the precision of the fine-adjustment of the flame, are both the important things that you want to look for in a perfect lighter for the sticky-brick line of vaporizers. But those are the hardest to find attributes in reasonably-priced lighters.

Even in the more consistent-flame lighters I have, It's hard or impossible to get to the "sweet-spot" flame size I'm looking for because the flame either goes to high or to low right at the spot I'm looking for and nowhere else, lol. It can be infuriating.

Great advice and I agree @Ramahs

So what i'm looking for is a high quality
average sized single flame torch.

The Sbjr has been my daily driver for the last few months. I'm using a small cheap triple flame 'torch' lighter right now. It can get the job done but it's not the right tool. I use my SbJ a lot so the torch needs to be durable; that's why I'm looking at Blazer.

Can you please recommend a specific one for the Sbjr?

What about the smaller Blazer torches like the CG-001, Evo, or The Torch? :hmm:

Evilevile,

Ramahs

Great advice and I agree @Ramahs

So what i'm looking for is a high quality
average sized single flame torch.

The Sbjr has been my daily driver for the last few months. I'm using a small cheap triple flame 'torch' lighter right now. It can get the job done but it's not the right tool. I use my SbJ a lot so the torch needs to be durable; that's why I'm looking at Blazer.

Can you please recommend a specific one for the Sbjr?

What about the smaller Blazer torches like the CG-001, Evo, or The Torch? :hmm:

I don't own one yet, but I've been wanting to get a Blazer PB-207. Though, I worry about the flame's adjustability.

Ramahs,

Evilevile

I don't own one yet, but I've been wanting to get a Blazer PB-207. Though, I worry about the flame's adjustability.

I think what I'll do is buy the CG-001 since it's half price. If that doesn't cut it, I'll get the PB-207. :worms: :sherlock:

Evilevile,
Reactions: Ramahs

Ramahs

I think what I'll do is buy the CG-001 since it's half price. If that doesn't cut it, I'll get the PB-207. :worms: :sherlock:

And let us know how it goes :tup:

**EDIT**

Oh wait, @Evilevile , I just looked at that lighter and see that it is a wide-flame. In my opinion, you DO NOT want a wide-flame with a sticky-brick. You want a very precise flame, which a wide-flame is kinda the opposite of.

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
So I got the Blusky Big Butane Torch instead on Amazon for $25 and it is a pretty amazing value... Very satisfied I didn't spend the money on either of the models in comparison in this thread (sorry!)

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: Alexis

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
I recommend looking for BS-600 (best 8 euro ever,running strong for years.) or BS-6XX series(same nozzle) ,best bang for the buck,ceramic nozzles at 12mm . I never got the guts to spend that much on a torch,especially when those BIg Shots are possibly chinese re-brands,they can be found on alibaba. (https://littleheadshop.co.uk/shop/products/torches/zengaz-zt-200-torch-the-blowie) ( https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/ZENGAZ-ZT-200-Refillable-Blow-Torch_60852312056.html )
https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/BS-600-Micro-Jet-Flame-Butane_62173488382.html Check the video.
A friend has the Black Leaf Blazer Torch which is also nice,i think equivalent to the Big Buddy.

1621227103177.png

Last edited:

Nebelmann

While the Terpcicle works with my torch, I need more power and want the Blazer Big Shot GT8OOO. Kinda hard to get in Europe for a reasonable price, only the UK seems to have some variants available sadly.

Nebelmann,

davesmith

Glass Blower
Big shot fan boy here!

Made do with a kitchencraft £15 jobbie for years but now ill never look back.

davesmith,

Jojofernz

While the Terpcicle works with my torch, I need more power and want the Blazer Big Shot GT8OOO. Kinda hard to get in Europe for a reasonable price, only the UK seems to have some variants available sadly.
I don’t know if Big Buddy is available but that’s what I use on my two Terpcicles and it’s excellent!

Big Buddy fan here but Big Shot definitely seems more beastly.

Does the big shot last longer with the butane?

Jojofernz,
Top Bottom