• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Bladder Cancer

Thorn

Three months ago I was diagnosed with bladder cancer. Went into surgery to remove nine or so tumors. (The largest was nine centimeters.) Went through six installations and today went to get another cysto. They found new tumors, small but visible. Now I have to go for surgery this Wednesday to get these removed. My question is, is this what my life is now? Surgery every three months with chemo, cathaders and scopes in between?

justme

hey there thorn,
I wish you good for for surgery wednesday. you ask what is your life know? that's a big one.
i would bet that you will adjust to whatever comes your way. My best says people are resilient... that is very true.
If it was me i would look at all options... don't blindly trust anyone, but trust yourself.
You are the only one who knows what will be the right path for your health. Each of us figures out the right path.

I have learned ...much and still am...

1. don't sign blank documents... get copies of everything. don't sign two page consents when important info is on page one... protect yourself
2. remember treatment and care... are just that. define those words. make sure GOOD is in front of those words, when it come to your care.
3. define the information presented. If may or may not be different from what you think is said.
4. Have someone with you to advocate on your part.
5. record your visits with your doctors... they should not mind and if they present volumes of information this will help you as a patient. ask them or tell them you are going to record so you remember correctly.... we are not doctors- you probably got a lot on your mind...
6. make sure your medical records and identity are correct.
7. while the doctors might want to captain your ship.... remember that YOU own the ship- follow your gut, trust yourself.
8. we hire the doctor... they don't do anyone any favors. Expect them to be professional.
9. watch your back... have a buddy that will watch your back.
10. you never know, who may or may not be on a prescription medications, with uncontrollable side effects... know when to stay - or go. beware this is newer road block to patients.
11. beware the doctor that thinks they are they only one in the world with a correct answer...
or won't use their experience or judgement... i call them dr. cut and dry.

Try to keep your stress low. fuel your body like a race car. enjoy the moments.
Trust yourself. I wish you well- so i hope it will be for you. music- self hypnosis- meditation- find the simple stuff. live and eat organic... it is what is is- but if it's not right... change it for the better.
there is better... keep yourself- you.

peace my friend,
justme

lwien

Three months ago I was diagnosed with bladder cancer. Went into surgery to remove nine or so tumors. (The largest was nine centimeters.) Went through six installations and today went to get another cysto. They found new tumors, small but visible. Now I have to go for surgery this Wednesday to get these removed. My question is, is this what my life is now? Surgery every three months with chemo, cathaders and scopes in between?

While I am not in your situation, my bladder hasn't worked in over 10 years and I have to cath myself every 3 to 4 hours every day and every night. I will tell you this. I find it amazing how we can adapt. Whenever I tell anyone what my daily routine is, they get this look on their face >>>:o and exclaim, OMG, how can you possibly do that, and I always respond, truthfully, "It ain't no big deal.", and it really isn't.

Do I wish things were different? Not often. Every once in awhile while I'm inserting that cath, I think, "Fuck, this is gettin' old", but that happens very rarely.

Play the cards you're delt, but for God's sake, play them well and leave nothin' on the table.

Last edited:

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
Play the cards you're delt, but for God's sake, play them well and leave nothin' on the table.

I wholeheartedly agree!

@Thorn I am very sorry to hear you are not well. I have not been diagnosed with cancer, but am in really poor health. Had 3 surgeries in 6 months just this year, and I am down to 110 pounds again. I know how hard it can be when you are sick, but you can't give up. I know I am not ready to die yet, so I choose to fight everyday. Even if I feel horrible, which I do more often than not.

Please send me a PM if you ever want to talk. Life is worth living, and worth fighting for. :nod:

New_World

Cuck Fombustion
I'm very sorry to hear about this.

there are things you can do about your situation.
I know this is not the time you want to "read" but....

I *highly recommend this book and highly recommend "curcumin" as it is a very powerful cancer fighter / anti-inflammatory.
http://www.amazon.com/Natural-Strategies-For-Cancer-Patients/dp/0758202210

http://www.amazon.com/NOW-Foods-Cur...8&qid=1413350456&sr=8-1&keywords=curcumin+now

http://www.chrisbeatcancer.com/

I personally wouldn't ever, ever do chemo but that is your decision.

biohacker

I'm not certain I would ever do chemo either, but I never rule anything out. Different scenarios for different situations. Cancer cells need sugar (its primary fuel), the rest of the body can thrive on ketone bodies (by eating enough fat) and thus healthy cells are not effected by starving the body of all carbs. I highly recommend reading up on Ketogenic Diet/Cancer. We have been lied to, for a very very long time.

Strength and honor bro...thoughts and prayers with you today during surgery. Life is such a trip.

Last edited:
Good luck on your surgery today and Keep well!

I'm not certain I would ever do chemo either, but I never rule anything out. Different scenarios for different situations. Cancer cells cannot grow without the absence of sugar (its primary fuel), the rest of the body can thrive on ketone bodies and thus healthy cells are not effected. I highly recommend reading up on Ketogenic Diet. We have been lied to, for a very very long time..

I rarely hear people talking about Keto, I've tried keto myself once or twice and it is deffinetly a life-changing diet in the sense that it shakes your whole sense of nutrition up. I will say that it is an extremely effective diet/lifestyle in regards to fat loss and fuel for your body, but I personally had a hard time with cravings/ sluggishness and I was always worried about having "Keto Breath" from the Ketones :)

biohacker

I like a cyclical ketogenic diet, or one where I ride near the edge of it. I eat many carbs based on my activity level, but I know that I don't need them. There is no such thing as an essential carbohydrate. The Ketogenic Diet has also been called the Anti-Cancer Diet. Cancer has many etiologies, but it is a fact that a huge percentage of them are diseases of metabolism initially caused by inflammation due to a bad lifestyle. Lifestyle is something that we can control.

Furthermore to your comment @AlexisSmith67 in regard to cravings/sluggishness/breath...this is due to your adaption to fat burning mode. That doesn't happen to me because i'm burning fat most of the day everyday, and can go hours without eating and not skip a beat. Once you adapt more and up your fat and drop your carbs, you will easily transition between keto and non-keto without anything but positive effects. Everyone is different though, different people have different requirements...this is just what works for me, and what I feel we have evolved on over millions of years based on all available evidence.

Radio

stay true to yourselves
While I am not in your situation, my bladder hasn't worked in over 10 years and I have to cath myself every 3 to 4 hours every day and every night. I will tell you this. I find it amazing how we can adapt. Whenever I tell anyone what my daily routine is, they get this look on their face >>>:o and exclaim, OMG, how can you possibly do that, and I always respond, truthfully, "It ain't no big deal.", and it really isn't.

Do I wish things were different? Not often. Every once in awhile while I'm inserting that cath, I think, "Fuck, this is gettin' old", but that happens very rarely.

Thank you for that comment, how powerful!
To @Thorn , stay strong. You will get through this. At risk of others jumping down my neck at the statement (because of a ridiculous stigma), I have to suggest; try going vegan for a week and see how it goes from there. Now more than ever, trust me; your body will thank you.

Radio,

biohacker

Thank you for that comment, how powerful!
To @Thorn , stay strong. You will get through this. At risk of others jumping down my neck at the statement (because of a ridiculous stigma), I have to suggest; try going vegan for a week and see how it goes from there. Now more than ever, trust me; your body will thank you.

We should probably start a diet thread as to not skew this one anymore...I would love to chat/debate with you since we have opposing opinions.

Radio

stay true to yourselves
We should probably start a diet thread as to not skew this one anymore...I would love to chat/debate with you since we have opposing opinions.
Muahaha, I hope your being sarcastic. Too much debating, not enough lovin. I'd debate but I just love the way of live, it's not a diet to me. I respect your side of it but I also don't think there are sides, and it can get too diverse and complicated because there are so many factors to discuss about the opposite opinions, like the science of it, the morality, taste, circumstance, etc etc :leaf::doh:

@Thorn you'll get through it just fine if you take care of yourself. Too much sugar can encourage bladder problems. No tobacco either, and less acidic food to prevent irritation and overuse of the bladder. Just take care of yourself

Thorn

Thank you all for the well wishes and support. On my discharge yesterday they handed me a script for percs. Told him to keep his poison I have better. He asked what I meant, I told him cannabis and he looked so sad. Nope, no trip to Hawaii for you.

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
Thank you all for the well wishes and support. On my discharge yesterday they handed me a script for percs. Told him to keep his poison I have better. He asked what I meant, I told him cannabis and he looked so sad. Nope, no trip to Hawaii for you.

Good for you man! I'll be thinking about you while you recover. :)

justme

i was just thinking of you today thorn... hope you made out well during the week. hope your comfy and resting your body and your mind. Fuel your body like a race car.... enjoy your moments... hope all went smoothly for you this week. People care. rest - fuel and do your best...
peace and well wishes to you...
justme

justme

I wholeheartedly agree!

@Thorn I am very sorry to hear you are not well. I have not been diagnosed with cancer, but am in really poor health. Had 3 surgeries in 6 months just this year, and I am down to 110 pounds again. I know how hard it can be when you are sick, but you can't give up. I know I am not ready to die yet, so I choose to fight everyday. Even if I feel horrible, which I do more often than not.

Please send me a PM if you ever want to talk. Life is worth living, and worth fighting for. :nod:

i will hope that you too feel better... illness is tuff.

justme,

Thorn

I didn't know he still had the notifications on. Thorn no longer gets online.

Thorn,
Reactions: Radio
Top Bottom