1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.

BlackoutX flower pen

Discussion in 'Thread Candidates' started by chillersnov8p, Aug 28, 2014.

1. chillersnov8p

chillersnov8p Well-Known Member

If you watch getting Doug with high you know blackoutX sponsers the web series. On yesterday's episode he announced that next week blackoutX will unveil a new vape pen for flowers. Yesterday's episode was really fun to watch. Will be posted today on YouTube.

Yoosh likes this.
  2. Rizzalso

Rizzalso Active Member

Great episode. I'm very intrigued to see how good their flower pen will be. I didn't catch the beginning, but did they say they'd have an actual, working model on next week's episode?

3. Puffers

Puffers Micro-Climate Mastermind

Except that I think it's like the other blackoutx pens they use which are disposable.

I hope for the herb pen their business model shifts from the current "For only $25 per month you too can purchase 4 disposable wax pens a month". :lol: uhhhh no thanks. Give me something that takes rechargeable 14500/18xxx cells and engineered to last more then a week.

4. chillersnov8p

Yea was kinda vague. Sounds like you will be able to pre order them next week? Also might be an episode Wednesday and definitely Thursday.

5. ForeverRedBeard

ForeverRedBeard Wormhole enthusiast

I wish they would go back to that 3 for 25 deal instead of a subscription based one.

6. Rizzalso

Rizzalso Active Member

[​IMG]

Dry herb+ was announced. I'm not sure if there was a demonstration on the show because I missed the first 20 minutes or so, but the vertical heating element is interesting. Looks like you can Pre-order for $75, and it will ship first week of October.

http://blackoutx.com/products/dry-herb-rechargeable-kit

Yoosh likes this.
  7. chillersnov8p

No they didn't have one, used the regular pens. I like how the add labels the "cheap imposter." If it's brand new how can it already have one? Not much info really..but hey might as well hope for a winner!

8. Rrose Selavy

Rrose Selavy log enthusiast

50 bucks and free shipping is a great price. wish i knew more. it appears someone asked a lot of questions (warranty, temperature, heat up time, charging...) they said they would release the details this month... fair enough though that seems obvious if they start shipping the first week of october :spliff:

9. Puffers

Puffers Micro-Climate Mastermind

At least it doesn't look like a disposable unit.

Hopefully it works well. I am a bit dubious as to how a vertical element will evenly vape unless it's sheathed in a large heat sink and occupying more of the chamber then they have pictured. Hope I am wrong though :D .

10. Rrose Selavy

Rrose Selavy log enthusiast

from the arrows in the diagram it would seem that the material heats from the inside element and the walls of the chamber, though im not sure that is true

2clicker likes this.
  11. 2clicker

2clicker up to my ears in clams Accessory Maker

im skeptical here. surely that ego pen isnt pushing a 7thFloor/Hakko style heating element. unless that isnt a ceramic rod style heating element i see in the graphic above.

12. THC SCIENTIFIC

THC SCIENTIFIC Black Gold Manufacturer

You shouldn't be skeptical this design has been around for about 2.5 years now. I think @Vitolo has this type of vape that has a ceramic rod running on 3.7v

RUDE BOY and 2clicker like this.
  13. 2clicker

good call. i have yet to try any yet.

14. HillaryClinton

HillaryClinton Future ruler of earth

If this works good I would be shocked, wish it stuck at the 50 dollar price also though....I feel they would sell like crazy at that price in a headshop.

2clicker likes this.
  15. Severmore

Severmore Well-Known Member

Looks like one can preorder this vape for $51.30.
    http://blackoutx.com/products/dry-herb-rechargeable-kit

Yet, I think I'll await the FC member reviews prior to dropping the cash.

FUnhouse likes this.
  16. chillersnov8p

They had these on getting Doug yesterday with Kevin smith and Brian poshein. Doug and Kevin tried th. no visable clouds, Doug's appeared to be working but not Kevin's lol. Not the best launch for a product.

17. DabComa

DabComa Stuck in Dab Coma

Crap, cant delete my post, filled out a whole rant about this thing based on the above pic before I realized the model on the left was the "cheap imposter", which is horrible at herbs but great for concentrates. I cant comment on the right hand side model since I'm unfamiliar with it.

2clicker likes this.
  18. CidKudi

CidKudi Man on the Moon

Yeah the units on the Kevin Smith getting doug were messing up. They had to swap them out and at one point Doug was like "These are prototypes"

19. 2clicker

is that evo threading on there? looks like it.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors