Black Label SoftGel Cannabis Caps

mikek9

Vapor Enthusiast
So Tweed, today, has just released their newest product which are basically cannabis capsules that look like those gel Advil caps except for the colour. However, they are quite weak and I presume just an initiation of their transition into part pharmaceutical companies hoping to obtain DINs for their products.

Terpenes and Flavonoids and other cannabinoids etc are still available in some of the capsules as they don't remove them like in distillates every time. There is one blend called Zaius and it has all the terpenes removed which I have never tried knowing it would likely aggravate my anxiety with past experience.

Tweed's Bakerstreet oil was $76 plus tax for 1700mg of THC working out to the same $0.051/mg of THC and that is including tax ($85.88/1700mg).

And actually when you make it on your own Oil or butters say using the same 20% cannabis you calculated with.

10 grams is what the 1700mg bakerstreet oil from Tweed is worth on your monthly allowance which is 170mg available per gram of cannabis which isn't terrible considering it's all professionally extracted, decarboxylated and infused and packaged for you. It makes it "appear" to be made with bud with roughly 17% THC then. You don't feel too bad burning 10g of your script with this Oil. Some producers make oil that is almost 3x pricier and it would seem to be a waste of my gram allowance on my script if it wasn't at least comparable to an average bud like the Bakerstreet oil being likened to a 17% THC originating flower. This brings me to my dismay with the pricing of Tweed's caps and the reluctance to burn 5g of my script for it.

So doing it yourself has the economic advantage as if you take 10 grams of Tweeds $4.80/gram Bakerstreet flower (it's actually Hindu skunk) which have averaged in the past year around 24% potency coming out as low as 18% THC and as high as 29% a while back. Now, that 10g of 24% THC cannabis would theoretically yield 2400mg of THC per batch for only $48 plus tax, $54.24 tax in. Now since this is homemade we will account for a potential catastrophic 20% loss of undecarbed THCA if you didn't follow good instructions. Normally, with reliably resourced instructions there should be no more than 5-10% loss. But for erring on the side of caution we will stick with the 20% loss bringing our new total theoretical active THC from 10g of Hindu Skunk to 1920mg of active THC. This works out to $0.028 cents/mg of active THC. That is a great deal.

The last option of doing it yourself in reality with compassion pricing and access to good and potent inexpensive strains is probably the best route.

NOW, onto the newly released TWEED BLACK LABEL Cannabis SoftGels in 3 varieties, but all with very low potency. I would love to see them in the 20-50mg range and even some stronger ones for my most severe kind of chronic pain.

The Bakerstreet and Zaius SoftGels offer a dosage 2.5mg of THC/capsule at 60 caps per bottle for $36 plus tax so $40.68/bottle. Each bottle count as 5g off your script and offer just 150mg of active THC total. That is a lot of grams used off your script for something relatively low in potency. 5g of cannabis that would only give you 150mg total would be calculated actually at precisely the maximum allowable THC potency for LP extracts at 3%. So, 5g of 3% THC cannabis would produce 150mg of THC. So this dosage modality is the most costly with the $/mg of THC running up to $0.271/mg of THC. That is a wild jump. That is 9.68x times more expensive than making your own from scratch. It is 5.31x more expensive in $/mg of THC WITH Tweed's already decarbed infused sunflower cooking oil that is ready to bake with or just dose use as is.

This is what bugs me because as they are overcharging so much. I am guessing they are hoping for these products to be assigned DINs (Drug Identification Numbers) which is the first step to potential widespread insurance coverage so they are likely going to keep these prices high hoping the tab will be picked up by healthcare and insurance.

mikek9,

chris 71

ive tried some of the oil from tilray and tweed . and for me , im not sure why , but i have very strong effects even at tiny amounts . i dont like it very much . and once you take that train there is no getting off of it if you dont like the ride lol .

i even tried some of tweed lot 3 oil which is only .5 thc and 13 mg cbd per mil . first time i tried it i used 1 mil and had surprisingly intense effects . i recently tried the same oil again but only a quarter of a mil which works out to be 0.13 mg thc and 3.25 mg cbd . even with this tiny dose i had effects which i liked much better then the full mil .

with the thc only oil , whoa look out lol, i took the equivalent of about 7.5 mg thc and i didnt feel normal again for a couple days lol.

i could see some people thinking blah 2.5 mg ha thats nothing , and taking to many and getting royally messed up

chris 71,

Genki88

Today tweed came out with Devon SoftGels which are 8mg thc and 20mg cbd but only 15 pills per bottle....................

Genki88,
Top Bottom