Bill O'Reilly's Poll On Cannabis

Joel W.

Deplorable Basement Dweller
Accessory Maker
One time back in 07 when Gingrich was running for office, I found a document on his website that was protected. So I googled the doc name and his site and it gave me the cashed image. It was about pairing words like anti + american or liberal + elite to rally people to your side. Powerful stuff when applied correctly.

Anyways , I freaked out a bit being high and sent it to local news stations and posting it online everywhere not realizing he actually issued a similar copy to members of congress in 96 as the speaker iirc as I waited for black SUV's to show..

For a few weeks there ( in my mind) I kinda felt like what some of those reporters you mention must have gone through in their day.

OK fox news sucks

Last edited:

howie105

Really? Have you not seen any of Edward R Murrow's work from the 50s? Jimmy Breslin's work from the 60s through the 80s? Studs Terkel? The old Woodward and Bernstein (before they got famous)? Glenn Greenwald? These are people who broke stories, irrelevant of the political slant of the stories, because they thought getting the truth out is important. I fully admit that is very rare these days, but it does still happen. Glenn Greenwald is still doing it. He gave up a lucrative career as an attorney to do so and has risked prosecution to meet with Snowden repeatedly.

And how about Arianna Huffington? She was a doctrinaire conservative who had her mind changed by left-liberal journalists, and became one herself. Granted she is not the best journalist, but she is an example of someone in the business who is so open minded she changed sides completely.

I have absolutely no interest in tossing names back and forth. If you don't get the point I made that not something I care about.

howie105,
Reactions: ataxian

SSVUN~YAH

You Must Unlearn, What You Have Learned...
latest

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Unless it's Prius chat. :) that one is nice... much like FC.

I've pretty much bailed entirely on prius chat, though... still have the Prius, he's gonna be 8 years old next week (yes, the car is a he). I vape in my car frequently, usually in parking lots before shopping trips. Never while I'm driving.

News outlets are owned by entertainment corporations. Anyone expecting unbiased "news" is fooling themselves. Slant is unavoidable.
I've been on both ends of the political spectrum, AND politically active, from grass roots straw poling (btw, that really ISN'T a great way to nominate someone), to being on an executive committee for a major party.*
We all, every single last one of us, express our slant whenever we tell anyone about anything we've seen/heard/experienced. Best plan is @lwien 's... hit the widest spread of "slanted" news to get an idea of the central "facts"...

*sleezeballs. all politicians are sleezeballs. I backed out of running in one race because it was bringing out my own sleeziness. Don't trust any of them, at all, regardless of political affiliation.
The comedians are having a lot of material for 24/7 NEW'S!

Jon Sewart, Bill Mahr, Dennis Miller all come to mind!

howie105

Only we old farts know about Lenny Bruce. It was before youtube...

I liked Valerie Perrine in the Bio Pic. And Hoffman, of course...

There was something before Youtube, that right the world wide pipe.

howie105,

lwien

He's been doing that for awhile now, CK. It's been at least 3 years now, possibly longer. He's also a regular on the O'Rielly show for at least 3 to 4 years as well.

The tour was originally titled the Bolder Fresher Tour.

Last edited:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Miller changed sides after 9/11. He supported George Bush and the war in Iraq.

cybrguy,
Top Bottom