• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Big drop in Volcano prices recently?

CosmoKramer

I grabbed my Volcano on ebay 3 years ago after constantly scouring the site for good deals. I got the analog with ez valve starter set for $480 with tax and shipping included, which i thought was a good deal at the time

I started searching ebay for volcanos for my friend recently and I'm noticing a lot of new digital, volcanos with the starter set going for under $450. 2 on sale right now from sellers with good feedback going for $440.

Anyone notice this?

CosmoKramer,

Justpassedu

Used prices always fluctuate , i have seen them as low as $150 digital used and classic to $400. Its just timing. As for new being so cheap , just be careful as a Chinese company has made a knockoff that is pretty much identical looking. There are ways to tell the difference if you search online but you'd have to have the vape in front of you to actually be able to tell.

Justpassedu,

CosmoKramer

that's what I was wondering, if there had been a recent influx in highly accurate looking knockoffs, and when exactly they started surfacing

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
The vape is over a decade old. There's more efficient and faster vapes out there. Herbalizer realeased the chong's choice version which was about the same price as the volcano too. I see those two vapes go head to head a lot as far as buying choice.

Winegums,

CosmoKramer

The vape is over a decade old. There's more efficient and faster vapes out there. Herbalizer realeased the chong's choice version which was about the same price as the volcano too. I see those two vapes go head to head a lot as far as buying choice.

what is your point? it was a decade old a few years ago, and still went for $600 on ebay. and it still goes for $600 on most of the well known vapor sites today.

CosmoKramer,

seaofgreens

My Mind Is Free
A few years ago the portable market was tiny compared to how much emphasis has been placed on that side of the industry since.

People being less interested in clunky desktops = less demand for Volcano.

seaofgreens,

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
what is your point? it was a decade old a few years ago, and still went for $600 on ebay. and it still goes for $600 on most of the well known vapor sites today.
My point is there's competition that is priced lower than $600 and they were probably noticing sales were dropping. Either that or it could be they're trying to clear stock before something new is released.

Vitolo

Vaporist
Volcano (S&B) does not allow anyone to undercut their suggested Manufacturer retail price.
Once they do this, they are cut off from S&B as a wholesale connection. I have seen it happen to a number of retailers.
When it does happen, they sell out their stock at a lower cost since they are already cut off.
There is no competition.. Volcano is Volcano and once in a while someone is ending relationship with Storz and Bikel, and they sell for whatever cost they like.
A conversation with S&B has assured me that nothing new is on the Horizon yet... they planned for years for the Mighty and Crafty....
..then they spent time developing the reducing chambers.
If it is a legitimate Volcano, and for sale at costs under $600 for the Digital, I suggest picking one up!
(don't forget there is also a chamber needed.. and balloons... in a starter pack for $93)

I got my Volcano Digital a year ago (a legitimate one with receipt and all that) for $350 on Craigslist. Lots of deals to be had - price is very volatile.

scalescliffs,
Reactions: blackstone

turk

turk
....find myself agreeing verbatim with vitolo again...storz and Bickel takes a very conservative and measured approach in their business model...hey it's worked for them so far...anything they do...is only done after they've thought and tested it...

Vitolo

Vaporist
I got my Volcano Digital a year ago (a legitimate one with receipt and all that) for $350 on Craigslist. Lots of deals to be had - price is very volatile.
I also buy used Volcanos on Craigslist for patients.. from 300-350.
They work well even used, in most cases.
Some folks prefer to own new equipment.
No patient locally has complained about their used units.

blackstone

I got my genuine Digit well priced from a retailer where I had a VIP discount,
but there have been overly cheap offers of Volcano (Digit only it seems) on DH gate for over a year now.
I've just gone back to look and they are now blatantly selling them as 1:1 Clones, and boasting about having the "Right grinder" and "Right position of label", obviously so it's easier to fool people with?!
Turns my stomach thinking of innocent buyers being fooled..

The Volcano Classic, along with the Crafty are safe bets online as they have yet to be cloned I think!!
But it appears clones of the Digit may indeed exist, if that's what you were wondering!

Baron23

So, yes....the Volcano design is a bit dated, however its still fights at the top of its weight class in my opinion. It performs very well, it performs as consistently as any vape and more consistently that almost any, its built like a T-72 tank and is durable and reliable, its made of great materials and has been certified in some countries as a bona fide medical device, and its more flexible in ways to use it than most people think.

I still love my Digit. I don't run it every night...I rotate among 7-8 vapes as the mood hits me, but I ran a dosing capsule in the reduced chamber with some shatter in the middle (herb/shatter/herb sandwich), ran it at a high temp (420 - 440) and it was VERY effective and VERY pleasant. Nice to pull the big, bad, dependable boy out once in a while.

I also agree that from all I have been able to glean, S&B do indeed insist on MAP (minimum advertised price) agreement with their retailers (we used to call it fair trade pricing when Sony did it years ago....might not have been the right term).

So, while certainly used items are expected to be available for reduced price, and while there may be what appear to be new items which may or may not be knock-off counterfeits, I enjoy the peace of mind of having bought one new and from a major S&B retailer so I fee very confident in its origins.

So, yes....the Volcano design is a bit dated, however its still fights at the top of its weight class in my opinion. It performs very well, it performs as consistently as any vape and more consistently that almost any, its built like a T-72 tank and is durable and reliable, its made of great materials and has been certified in some countries as a bona fide medical device, and its more flexible in ways to use it than most people think.

I still love my Digit. I don't run it every night...I rotate among 7-8 vapes as the mood hits me, but I ran a dosing capsule in the reduced chamber with some shatter in the middle (herb/shatter/herb sandwich), ran it at a high temp (420 - 440) and it was VERY effective and VERY pleasant. Nice to pull the big, bad, dependable boy out once in a while.

I also agree that from all I have been able to glean, S&B do indeed insist on MAP (minimum advertised price) agreement with their retailers (we used to call it fair trade pricing when Sony did it years ago....might not have been the right term).

So, while certainly used items are expected to be available for reduced price, and while there may be what appear to be new items which may or may not be knock-off counterfeits, I enjoy the peace of mind of having bought one new and from a major S&B retailer so I fee very confident in its origins.

The Evo was my first desktop vape. When I needed something for a group MTB trip to CO, I bought the Volcano.

It was filling bags basically all day and all night, outdoors (under a big tent), on a generator, from 35F-85F, for five days straight.

Bulletproof.

Top Bottom