• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Big Data and the War For Our Minds

seaofgreens

My Mind Is Free
Hey folks,

A family member sent me this article:

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...-media-steve-bannon-donald-trump-nigel-farage

I couldn't really categorize this under something else here, but I felt the topic to be quite interesting, and worth a possible discussion. I am curious what you all think about the ideas being presented.

Here is the gist, as the article is extensive, but I encourage you to read it at length!

Essentially, a new narrative for humanity is being artificially constructed and manipulated by our own willingness to allow data collection. Now, artificial intelligence is able to sift through all this data and compile psycho-social profiles for each and every person whose info is collected. What they do with this data, is wage war on our minds and emotions to promote whatever agenda is being pushed. In this instance, it is the far-right agenda.

I don't really want to turn this into a political morass however, so I don't want to just be like: Ah HA! I knew those conservacucks were truly diabolical!

That this technology has unfortunately been revolutionized and weaponized by the far-right currently, doesn't mean the same tools couldn't advance any other radicalized agenda, left or right.

So I am just curious as to the fine thoughts of you all about our data being used to manipulate our minds?

You ever get the feeling that you are arguing with a robot in the comments section of a news article?
Ever wonder why certain news sites you never heard of until recently now completely dominate search results?

Well, it isn't just coincidence after all.

Trust No One. Especially Robert Mercer...

ghost

They've been doing this for decades, and ramped it up to previously undreamed of proportions with the advent of facebook a decade ago, which is nothing more than a data-mining website.

ghost,
Reactions: Squiby

seaofgreens

My Mind Is Free
Well, yes the concept is of course nothing new. The story is about the undreamed of proportions my friend. In particular how data mining is now being processed by algorithm's which theoretically know our Ego's moreso than we know them ourselves.

That is nothing short of astonishing, and not something that was possible before this new technology started ramping up the game within these past couple years.

That is definitely NOT something that has been around.

Deleted Member 1643

Enlightening article, thanks for linking. A key piece in the developing political puzzle. One thing that isn't discussed is competition. There's nothing to prevent the left, or any advocacy group for that matter, from using the same data in the same ways but to different ends.

Why have personal social media accounts? We're complicit in our own demise. Accept is, of course, an anonymous persona created and maintained using appropriate privacy tools.

Top Bottom