• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

BHO simple syrup

weenstoned

Intending on making some BHO "lean" and was planning on just making a thick simple syrup and adding flavour and food colouring. After I decarb would it be worthwhile mixing the BHO with some vegetable glycerin or dissolving it in everclear (have just enough to do this), or just putting the decarbed bho in the syrup and heating? Or possibly a bit of coconut oil, but this is going to be a relatively small batch 1 gram to 4-8 oz of syrup so I'd rather avoid too much oil.

Let me know if you have insights or ideas.

weenstoned,
Reactions: j-bug

weenstoned

No I am just trying to make bho infused fake cough syrup. Lean-style syrup, not actual lean. If you google thc lean or bho lean you will find that it is a product for sale in legal/medical states. Basically just an edible that you can mix with soda or juice.

weenstoned

CPea7aP.jpg

Here's the first batch finished. Half a gram of rockstar sap decarbed then dissolved into everclear. Decided on a 2 to 1 mix of "lily white" corn syrup and a homemade simple syrup (which had a 2 to 1 sugar to water ratio). Would have liked to used only simple syrup but it was not thick enough and also probably would be too sweet (well moreso, I am sure you could make it far less sweet than this batch if you desired). Then I added a few drops of red food coloring and about 10 drops of cherry flavor lorann oil (if you're using a flavor extract and not lorann oil you will need more). Then just heated it together a bit. Haven't tested it yet but licked the pot and am feeling kind of nice, definitely tastes cough syrupish/like cherry hard candy. Should work out to 4 strong doses with roughly 100mg of THC assuming this sap is ~80% THC. Unless you want the novelty though there's probably easier ways to make edibles. Also hoping it won't separate at all but we'll see.

weenstoned

Tested it last night. Mixed up 1/4 of the syrup with a pineapple flavored jarritos soda. Pretty tasty and quick acting. Nice sedative effect that wasn't overpowering to me or my two friends who are both seasoned users.

weenstoned,
Reactions: NorVape

NorVape

Vape Rictim
This is interesting. IME edibles that come in liquid form have the fastest onset, but I would like to have a more uniform method of ingestion :)

NorVape,

dabfam

an easier method is to decarb the oil, add enough everclear to dissolve the oil (about 5-10ml per half gram) and mix into agave nectar. It's healthier than corn syrup and light agave is neutral enough to sweeten any drink without adding other taste. green food coloring compliments the 'canna-lean' aspect of it imo

dabfam,

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
I really like the looks of that! I don't have access to enough BHO (or cannabis to make my own) to try making it, but maybe someday....looks cool though

HellsWindStaff,
Reactions: j-bug
Top Bottom