1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Better Call Saul

Discussion in 'The Vapor Lounge' started by t-dub, Jan 27, 2015.

1. TheMasterBlaster

TheMasterBlaster ____Non-Smoker____

I gotta get caught up!

grokit and SSVUN~YAH like this.
  2. IAmKrazy2

IAmKrazy2 Darth Vapor

So far Season 2 hasn't been as good as Season 1 IMO. I am hoping the next episode is a really good one. Breaking Bad was good from beginning to end. Some wasn't as good, but it ended strong. Great series.

I hope Saul can hold up, first season was excellent. But second season hasn't been as good yet. We shall see.

SSVUN~YAH likes this.
  3. TheMasterBlaster

Mike seems to be carrying the show...

IAmKrazy2 and SSVUN~YAH like this.
  4. cptchronic

cptchronic Well-Known Member

I agree its definitely not Breaking Bad but I do think it will turn out to be almost as good. I kinda like the fact that its not too action packed yet because that just means we've got more seasons to watch. I mean if Saul isn't even Saul yet then we sure got a lot to catch up on.

5. hashmasta kut

hashmasta kut oil vapes the best!

Its definitely just ok and not overly winning yet.

Lets hope!

SSVUN~YAH likes this.
  6. TheMasterBlaster

I bet it turns out alright.

7. VegNVape

VegNVape BBC Computer 32K Company Rep

Well, I will have to disagree with folk there, because I am absolutely loving season 2!

I really enjoyed season 1 when it aired, but I think I am possibly enjoying season 2 even more. Sure, there has not been much real action yet (about to watch episode 6), but I'm loving what Vince has created - he's an artist, and his production is just fucking lavish, to my mind. The sun soaked diner/desert/industrial settings, and the angle and intensity of some of the shots are (for me) quite literally steeped in atmosphere and dripping with a level of class and well thought out stlye and sophistication that make it feel like velvet for the eyes.

[​IMG]

I love it like a comic book.
    I'm hooked.

:peace:

8. Tommy10

Tommy10 Well-Known Member

Loving it! I think maybe more than breaking bad, the BB story was intoxicating but sometimes I got frustrated with the ridiculousness of it all, and the fact that there is absolutely nothing to like about Walt and Jesse.
    Three best characters of BB were Saul, mike and Gus... God I hope Gus turns up in Saul, given the timing and the relationship mike and Gus have while we are stuck enduring Walts stupid antics I think he might make an appearance. Better call Saul seems more realistic and grounded compred to the tale of a teacher turned meth cook doing everything in his power to fuck everything he touches.

SSVUN~YAH likes this.
  9. Ricardo

Ricardo Well-Known Member

It isn't working for me - very little reality in multi-colour education suits and playing the bagpipes in order to get fired. This show is going nowhere, slowly. I loved the darkness and occasional surrealism of BB, not to mention the ACTION!

grokit likes this.
  10. TheMasterBlaster

Cool episode. I can't wait to see what Mike does with that water hose!

11. CarolKing

CarolKing Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur

I've been binge watching Better Call Saul season 2 and finally got caught up.

I'm trying to understand the last episode where Mike is washing out a garden hose. What's he doing? Did I miss something? I know he's been watching Tuco's Mexican food/drug business between AZ and Mexico so he can get a big drug rap on him to send him away in prison a long time vs a short time. Mike had to back away from the violence with the gun charge. He was worried for his grand daughter since Mike was threatened by Tuco's uncle.

I think once Tuco gets back in the show it will improve. That was the best episode for me, I think 2 episodes with him in it. Maybe one I can't remember.

It is slow moving. I had to binge watch to make it more interesting for me.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2016
    grokit, SSVUN~YAH and VegNVape like this.
  12. VegNVape

VegNVape BBC Computer 32K Company Rep

Sure it's not gonna be for everyone, but that was only one episode. Did you watch season 1?

Anyway, I think that the show is definitely going somewhere . . .

And personally, although a little ridiculous & pretty comical - I liked the suits & bagpipes scenes! Especially that awesome 3 or 4 minute montage with the wacky waving arms & those gorgeous suits! :cool:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    . . . Pure gold! Not to mention the use of Dennis Coffey's 'Scorpio' . . . .
    Click to play YouTube Video

Don't delay, call today! :myday:

:peace:

13. SSVUN~YAH

SSVUN~YAH You Must Unlearn, What You Have Learned...

Looks to me like Mike is making a spike strip. Would be pretty mid evil if he intended it as a weapon. Or maybe he is inventing the first dual tiller/sprinkler system for his precious flowers.

Haha, I completely agree!

Last edited: Apr 5, 2016
    syrupy, h3rbalist, CarolKing and 3 others like this.
  14. IAmKrazy2

IAmKrazy2 Darth Vapor

I am thinking home made road spikes but not sure why he would wash the hose first.

Edit. Maybe fingerprints of him and the girl? Just a guess.

CarolKing, SSVUN~YAH and Joel W. like this.
  15. Joel W.

Joel W. Deplorable Basement Dweller Accessory Maker

I am having a hard time watching Jimmy turn into Saul and taking down his girl, with him. It's like watching a slow motion train wreck but I can't look away.
    :)

16. CarolKing

CarolKing Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur

The show is taking a while with presenting the foundation of how Saul began. It's hard for me to see what happens with the girl. No good I'm sure.

Curious what will happen with Jimmy's brother? I was hoping he would have gone nuts when talking with the bank CEO.

The episode with the suits I thought was great.

17. CBDFarm

CBDFarm QUIT.

This weeks episode was slow, hopefully a build up for next week... But nothing was worse then the walking dead finale LOL.

18. hashmasta kut

hashmasta kut oil vapes the best!

ya no kidding!

SSVUN~YAH likes this.
  19. HomeFree

HomeFree Well-Known Member

Oh man, I gotta not read here before I see season 2! :D I thought season one was pretty good. It is totally different than Breaking Bad. That's what feels weird about it to me but it grew on me once I accepted it wasn't just like Breaking bad. I liked Breaking Bad big time though. It seems like Better Call Saul has bit of a Bob Odenkirk comedy vibe to it as well, Ben Stiller Show era.

syrupy, grokit and SSVUN~YAH like this.
  20. KennyPowers

KennyPowers Well-Known Member

Whoever directed this last episode did a great job. I loved the really long uncut scene at the beginning.

21. Tommy10

Mike beefin with the cartel, Gus has to be coming up soon!!! His own stand alone series would be great!

syrupy, SSVUN~YAH and IAmKrazy2 like this.
  22. TheMasterBlaster

I'm trying to remember who Gus was...

23. Joel W.

Joel W. Deplorable Basement Dweller Accessory Maker

24. Tommy10

The man! The epitome of how one assumes a large scale meth operation should be ran... The anti-Walt.

h3rbalist, SSVUN~YAH and Joel W. like this.
  25. hi_there

hi_there Well-Known Member

I thought the season one finale was much less than I hoped for.

SSVUN~YAH likes this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors