Best ways to enjoy rosin

Hobbess

Relaxed

I'm looking at rosin presses but I don't know how most people are using their rosin.

Do you use it with a an enail or mix tinture?

What are the best ways to enjoy concentrates?

I don't want to invest 6-700$ in a press and have a supply of rosin but not enjoy the end process.

I've got a rig something like this one.

20170702_064535-e1499019533111-600x600.jpg

How do you use your rosin?

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.

I'm looking at rosin presses but I don't know how most people are using their rosin.

Do you use it with a an enail or mix tinture?

What are the best ways to enjoy concentrates?

I don't want to invest 6-700$ in a press and have a supply of rosin but not enjoy the end process.

I've got a rig something like this one.

20170702_064535-e1499019533111-600x600.jpg

How do you use your rosin?

I have come to love rosin. Right now I prefer concentrates over flower completely, and rosin is my favorite concentrate. In my area I have limited access to concentrates and even more limit to store-bought rosin. Out of what I can obtain, that being shatter, some waxes and sauces and also CO2 oil, rosin has the most flavor by far.

In particular the rosin that I started pressing is most superior even though my flower are probably mids. I believe it is analogous to making bread fresh baked at home versus buying it in the supermarket. The flavor and aroma is amazing. If your flower smells and tastes great as flower, I find pressing the rosin out gives you the strong essence of that flower in flavor and aroma.

Concentrates in general can be quite potent. I know some people gravitate to concentrates because of the more intense high. I prefer them because it takes a lot less vaping to get the same effect as flower. I don't like to over-do it. There is also a lot less mess in the vaporizer bowls and glassware IMHO.

I don't use nails. I like to take a rice sized piece of rosin and wrap it in a small piece of organic cotton, then stuff that in my Fury 2 or my e-nano gong. After the first hit, mash the cotton around with a toothpick or dabber in order to spread the liquidized rosin all through the cotton fibers and hit it again. :razz: while still being able to control the amount you want.

If you buy a press and want to dab on a nail, you'll want to follow techniques like bottle tech with mesh bags in order to limit the amount of plant material in your rosin and keep it pure. With me using cotton in a vape I really don't care if it is totally clean.

You can get a great set-up for less than $6-700 if you wish. It depends on how much you need or want to press. Check out the Dabpress stuff. Their products and customer service are second to none.

Best wishes.

Last edited:

shredder

Another squeezer here. I use it in a dnail sic Halo and in a saionara with a ceramic atomizer. Occasionally in a fury 2 or mighty with liquid capsules. More and more in my sai tho.

I'm also a caregiver/grower and rosin is close to 1/2 of my small operation now. It's getting more popular all the time.

Rosin is easy peasy to use in medibles as well. Very little weed taste. Figure a gram of rosin = 1/4 oz for recipes.

Baron23

Liger 2.0 is how I enjoy my rosin.

Forgot to mention, it has an Obsidian insert which is great for rosin as it’s very hard to gunk this up and it’s stupid easy to clean, even with squished rosin.

Obsidian is a great surface, IMO.

Liger-Direct-Inject-Tube.jpg

Attachment-1.jpg

Last edited:

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Toss the fucking pens out the window:

1) enail for the house, I am using DNail with SiC dish.
2) OmniVap with coil for at home and on the go.
3) Rio by Stashe for the ultimate portable rig and for cold starts at the house.

Baron23

That's a beautiful piece of glass.
Thanks...some couple of years ago or so, Shane (710coils) and I got together on a group deal for four pieces from Phatt Ass Glass.

I don't know what got into me to spend that kind of money for two pieces, but they are all I use for dabbing. I like this one, the hover perc, the best. The other one, however, is a beautiful recycler.

Hobbess

Relaxed

Thanks for all the advice!

Babyfacedfinster that's an innovative way to vape, I'll definitely be trying that!

What temperature are you folks using your nail at? Mine was preset at 715F and I think I'm burning my honey oil. Tastes burnt and has coated my nail with black junk.

buckhakeesah

Rosin on ruby/sapphire like the person above me. Clean up is no prob even with the small spec of plant material that is hard to avoid. Just a qtip after the sesh and then incinerate the remaining residue on high temp. You'll have a clean insert in no time. I don't do the chemical soaking that others do. I clean with distilled water and am good to go.

Madri-Gal

Child Of The Revolution
I'm in an experimental phase with rosin, so I use it in a quartz banger, on a bed of flower, in my Sidekick, with a Helix and pen, with my Yocan Torch, with my Honey Dabber. Haven't yet tried my Dynacoil. @Hobbess , do you currently press and are thinking of stepping up, or are you not sure you'd use rosin if you had it? I'm still using a hair iron myself.

Hobbess

Relaxed

I ordered my 6 ton Dabpress a few minutes ago, I'll post when it comes in to give you an idea of the shipping time.

I'm excited! A bit of work to get my enail cleaned and ready for dabbing, can't wait!

Thanks to everyone for posting their dabbing temps!

:smug:

Last edited:
Top Bottom