best Vaporizer ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

drgreen

i am a heavy smoker 3-7 gramms aday, and im sick of tobacco i smoke medicaly

i have money to get a vapeoriser and was hoping you will tell me whichis best,

i smoke mainly i bud form but oils when i can get them

i am worried as i see volcano which i thaught was best has a lead heat device and is made in china?

then i read people are getting half as stoned with volcanoes and other bag vapes, eg reaching 4/10 stoned as apposed to a joints 10/10

so price wise im good nothing abouve £200 pounds though,

i have severe pain bipolar arthritus etc i use alot for pain and ofc i love to get smashed and fall asleep to films like we all do :) im worried i wont do this vaping after some things i read...

but still i know no 1 i keep mys elf quiet so i cant test, what do you recomend and why..good/bad things

drgreen,

max

Out to lunch
i am worried as i see volcano which i thaught was best has a lead heat device and is made in china?
I don't know where you got your info but there is no lead in the Volcano and it's not made in China. If it were made in China, I suspect it would still be made to the same high standards that we've seen since it was introduced in 2001. The laptop I'm using right now was made in China, and it's worked just fine for going on 4 years now. Lenovo (the brand we've used at my workplace for years and have been very happy with) is a Chinese company and is now the #1 PC maker in the world.
volcano which i thaught was best
Most everyone new to vaporizing thinks the 'cano is the best, and at one time (long ago) that was true, due to lack of competition. You could still certainly argue that it's the best bag filler, but it's now very much debatable, and the other bag fillers available will also do direct draw as well, making the 'cano an expensive 'one trick pony'.
then i read people are getting half as stoned with volcanoes and other bag vapes, eg reaching 4/10 stoned as apposed to a joints 10/10
You're really reading the wrong stuff man. Vaporizers are more efficient processors of cannabis than flame. Once you get over the 'something's missing' syndrome with vapor, most people end up using quite a bit less herb than with smoking, and most don't return to combustion at all. As for the something missing, with vapor, it's mostly the smoke byproducts (they do have a sedative effect) that smokers assume are part of the cannabis high.

i use alot for pain
You'll need to vape at higher temps, where the vapor is thick and more harsh, to get the compounds you're looking for. You should quit smoking and vaporize only for about a week, if you want to give vapor a fair try, and I'd recommend the Da Buddha. It's time tested, will easily vape at high temps, and will deliver big hits. It's also available without having to order from the US. Here, for example- http://www.everyonedoesit.com/onlin...aporizer-buy-portable-vap.cfm?iProductID=8998

edit-
First off, the Volcano does not have a lead heat device nor is it made in China.
You beat me to it lwien. ;)

killick

But I like it!
The best vaporizer is the one that works. There is no 'best' really. And there isn't really any one 'perfect' one. (he says, as his oil pen is heating up at his left elbow, while his stealth portable is sitting in the watertool at my right elbow, and the HI is always hot and ready to go just over there by the ABV jar... )

Perfect vaporizer means it has batteries, cause it'll always have juice, at least for awhile. If you lose your lighter, or power is out, you can stay nice and mellow.

Good luck ;)

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
There isn't a best vaporizer. It's what works best for you. We all have our likes and dislikes. We also all have our fav vaporizers. Some of us have a high tolerance and some not. What one person might think as harsh isn't harsh for someone else.

That's right you need to give up the combustion entirely @drgreen you're brain is used to all the other chemicals associated with the smoke. After a few weeks of just vaporizing your medicine you won't feel the urge to combust any longer.

You probably need to to start out with a desk top vaporizer and eventually get a portable unit. Try a log style such as the Enano or the Underdog. You can use water tools to help with using the higher temperatures to get the pain relief that you need. It's important that you have a back up vaporizer because you don't want to revert back to old habits.

Also at times you may need a bit of support along the way and FC members are standing by with any help we can give. Totally cutting the cord to combustion will be one of the best things you can do for yourself and the ones that love you. Be vigilant on your journey and don't give up on your quest to be smoke free. Theres a lot of useful info on the FC website.

Remember tooooooooooo Fuckcombustion.
:leaf::peace:

Last edited:

drgreen

thanks peeps for the replies a lot of info , cant believe so many replies so fast, thank you

I cant imagine giving up me spliff lol but health will need it, and I know its a good idea , can I ask if u ever get that feeling for the vape? I've only tried cheap ones, like £20 ones

and I notice it tastes like mushy peas with it lol not weed :S
can u taste the weed like in a spliff?? different strains etc
and also like sitting down watching a movie and chillin with a spliff is like heaven to me, will the vape replace that feeling or will that one always be a miss ?

and the other thing that baffles me is people saying they go from 2 grams to 0.2g a day with a vape?? are they cutting down?? cause I cant imagine getting as ''trashed'' on 0.2 a day

would it not be better to get a whip instead of a desktop so that i am able to travel with it? as i tend to smoke alot away from home too, and a spliff is normally my medicine i can nip off round the back and aah much better. i wouldn't do that with a desktop tho :S

just thinking cause if you say there all the same, then this could be an option?

as for harshness my throats good, iv had bongs to boomies/lung to pipes and recently tried shatter glass dabs, i can get used to harshness easy + feeling it would probably allow me to think i am smoking something still instead of feeling nothing but vape if you get me?

drgreen

is the http://arizer.com/store/en/arizer-machines/21-aroma-arizer-extreme-q-heater.html

good? i like the digital feature so i can tune specificly and its descrete looking, and stylish,
but is it any good? it looks alot better than da budda, and the silver surfer is well outa price range dam thats lol, the vbros vape looks strange lol really oldschool style

i see i wil need a desktop and a whip, and reading more into compustion i am shitting myself
i only smoe tobaco for my weed to last longer with 7gram being £60 its hard lol

i dont smoke when i run out i did months ago but i dont want tobaco, it does nothign for me at all pointless so i know the transition to vape is gona be wanted, i want it now, and hey i can always hit a bong if i need to

drgreen,

KidFated.

Unknown Member
is the http://arizer.com/store/en/arizer-machines/21-aroma-arizer-extreme-q-heater.html

good? i like the digital feature so i can tune specificly and its descrete looking, and stylish,
but is it any good? it looks alot better than da budda, and the silver surfer is well outa price range dam thats lol, the vbros vape looks strange lol really oldschool style

i see i wil need a desktop and a whip, and reading more into compustion i am shitting myself
i only smoe tobaco for my weed to last longer with 7gram being £60 its hard lol

i dont smoke when i run out i did months ago but i dont want tobaco, it does nothign for me at all pointless so i know the transition to vape is gona be wanted, i want it now, and hey i can always hit a bong if i need to
I would go for the da Buddha over the extreme q..

drgreen

yeah im begginning to see alot as i read,

now im considering upping to a silver surfer or enano or da budda,

altho the silversurfer can be a dab station too, but i cant see how u change temp on em

i like digital as i can see exactly what temp i am at so i only take the thc nothing more etc im begining to thing the SSV doesnt have a temp change?? howcome people recomend it allover?

and whats with the e nano same company as the ssv and no temp too??? somepeople want just cbd and no thc so this wudnt help them here as the cbd pops 140s thc at 180s they could with the EQ

the mre i read the more confused i am getting :S:S:S damn damn damn and atm i am combusting bubble hash with tobacco too so from what i am reading about combustion, and shit i am probably not thinkign good at 3am and a heavy smoke sesion

damn i want a vape so bad

i need to get high i guess i got high tolerence,
i need taste
i dont mind feeling it harshness
i need the best i can get for £200 or less uk pounds

i read somany reviews each going different ways :S
what opinins are here

KidFated.

Unknown Member
yeah im begginning to see alot as i read,

now im considering upping to a silver surfer or enano or da budda,

altho the silversurfer can be a dab station too, but i cant see how u change temp on em

i like digital as i can see exactly what temp i am at so i only take the thc nothing more etc im begining to thing the SSV doesnt have a temp change?? howcome people recomend it allover?

and whats with the e nano same company as the ssv and no temp too??? somepeople want just cbd and no thc so this wudnt help them here as the cbd pops 140s thc at 180s they could with the EQ

the mre i read the more confused i am getting :S:S:S damn damn damn and atm i am combusting bubble hash with tobacco too so from what i am reading about combustion, and shit i am probably not thinkign good at 3am and a heavy smoke sesion

damn i want a vape so bad

i need to get high i guess i got high tolerence,
i need taste
i dont mind feeling it harshness
i need the best i can get for £200 or less uk pounds

i read somany reviews each going different ways :S
what opinins are here
Digital displays are waaaaay over rated imo, da Buddha can also be turned into a concentrate rig, it's cheap, and will last forever! I used mine with a Lifesaber transfer wand for maximum flavor.

hoptimum

i like digital as i can see exactly what temp i am at so i only take the thc nothing more etc im begining to thing the SSV doesnt have

Having a digital readout tells you next to nothing about the actual temp youre vaping at, with a few high priced exceptions, like the Volcano Digit. Most digital readouts are worthless, including the EQ, IMO. THe SSV has a dial. You turn it clockwise to make it hotter, counter clockwise for less heat. The intensity of your inhale also affects the temp. Slow draws are hotter. The enano is made by Epic, the SSV by 7th Floor. In most cases simplicity is a virtue with vaporizers. Fewer things to break. Just because cbd "pops" at a higher temp doesnt mean youre not getting THC.

1_gr8_underdog

Trapped in the Astral Planes Back from the dead
If you want precise digital readout then you should look at the Herbalizer. With that machine you can match the temprature to the medicinal effects from each strain. Also It gives you the option of bags or whip. But, it is twice your budget. :tup:

jojo monkey

Manufacturer
If you have a temp readout that is not accurate at all it is still a reference point you can use. You could use it to know your vape is ready. You can increase and decrease from that number to adjust rather than vaping by abv color alone. Temp readouts help you before you vape. I suppose I am also arguing for ready lights too, but that is not a point of reference that you can use in the future.

With that being said, on my old vape, the dimmer knob stayed in same spot for years after the temp readout broke. I think most vapes are good enough without it, but then again at one time lighters were good enough. I think it is a matter of how you want to explore herb. Do you want to sit down and puff with simplicity or do you want to explore herb with higher level of control?

My current vape has a readout that is not accurate and I can tell you that I am vaping at the sweet spot for flavor. If I go up just 10-20 degrees the flavor is not as intense. If I go up 40-60 degrees it is lost. I was able to find this sweet spot with the variety of herb by vaping across a range of temps 10 degrees at a time. I did this without having an accurate temp at the extraction point. In the future I have a number I can go to with the variety and I will know when my vape is ready to deliver.

rakka

Vaped
and I notice it tastes like mushy peas with it lol not weed :S
can u taste the weed like in a spliff?? different strains etc
and also like sitting down watching a movie and chillin with a spliff is like heaven to me, will the vape replace that feeling or will that one always be a miss ?

If your vaped weed tastes like mushy pees.... You need a different vape :lol:

Get a half decent one and you'll taste it, trust me.

Sitting down and watching a movie while vaked...... is indeed heaven. You'll still get that.

I think you've been fed a lot of misinformation lol, in my and countless others' opinion, there are almost no disadvantages to vaping and so much more benefits... you'll get high as fuck and simultaneously save money, weed, and your health. :rockon:

drgreen

thanks man awsome replies ive calmed down a bit now lol and ive found the SSV turn dial xD

so, ive coem to the conclusion that il get the main vape, and save money then buy a portable model,

what i want from it bro is to get my medicine, (any my recreational high) all day long lol i am a continious user :) but ofc taste and high ...

so away from the digital market then i guess i am down to the da budda or the SSV the ssv looking more appealing to me, damn they look so simple my heads saying ''it sucks'' but the reviews say different,

sooo da buda vs SSV both 7nth floor prods, there saying formt he manufac, dabudda is made in china and they finnish the glass and nobs off, where as the ssv is totaly made in the usa,

http://forum.grasscity.com/apprentice-tokers/331966-silver-surfer-vaporizer-vs-da-buddha.html

there is seems to me that the SSV will be the best option for vape?? although the glass nob looks wierdly like a bong lol, it defo vapes and no combust ye? :p

so ATM i am fixed on the SSV unless somone tells me somthing els... or advises me a better idea?

now i fidn this :S:S:S:

he says the cano is better than an ssv and digi is more accurate:S

damn why do ppl do this i wana cry i want the ssv and then someone says it sucks :S

Last edited by a moderator:

rakka

Vaped
canos expensive, you don't have to spend that much lol. Dbv or ssv is fine. They're all decent units and dont worry about where they're made or if something goes wrong. Pretty sure most vapes have warranty for that purpose.

There's no combustion with the ssv, not at all

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
Digital displays are waaaaay over rated imo

Having a digital readout tells you next to nothing about the actual temp youre vaping at, with a few high priced exceptions

If you are talking about merely sticking a probe and a readout then yes I agree it's a gimmick, but most modern vapes (nearly all recent portables for instance) have active digital temperature *control*, that is using a PID-like mechanism and actively modulating the heater PWM signal.

Most actively controled vapes can achieve +/-5°C accuracy and the best ones can keep the temperature *at the sensor* at +/-1°C. Now it doesn't mean the sensor temp will match the temperature at the center of the load, but with the factory calibration it's relatively close and you know it will be *at most* close to the set temperature (with more or less overshoot depending how they tuned their PID parameters, some will always undershoot when you draw, some will overshoot to compensate etc)

Now we know it's not a binary process like the OP thinks and you can't get only compound A without getting compound B, but it's definitely possible to achieve distinct temperature-dependant vaporization effects.

mixchu69

thanks man awsome replies ive calmed down a bit now lol and ive found the SSV turn dial xD

so, ive coem to the conclusion that il get the main vape, and save money then buy a portable model,

what i want from it bro is to get my medicine, (any my recreational high) all day long lol i am a continious user :) but ofc taste and high ...

so away from the digital market then i guess i am down to the da budda or the SSV the ssv looking more appealing to me, damn they look so simple my heads saying ''it sucks'' but the reviews say different,

sooo da buda vs SSV both 7nth floor prods, there saying formt he manufac, dabudda is made in china and they finnish the glass and nobs off, where as the ssv is totaly made in the usa,

http://forum.grasscity.com/apprentice-tokers/331966-silver-surfer-vaporizer-vs-da-buddha.html

there is seems to me that the SSV will be the best option for vape?? although the glass nob looks wierdly like a bong lol, it defo vapes and no combust ye? :p

so ATM i am fixed on the SSV unless somone tells me somthing els... or advises me a better idea?
Remember the acronym kiss, keep it simple stupid. Of course, I'm not calling you stupid, but that is the way vape manufacturers should design their vapes, simple. Too many moving parts mean more problems. I love the simplicity of 7th floor products and am looking at the lsv as a vape (for use with my water pieces). Maybe it fits you because you use bongs and you can see the vapor whitewall your bong and the visual might actually improve your experience (the tricks that the mind can play on someone).

Edit. Like all the FC members state, it really is subjective but stick with the ones we recommend because they have been time tested and survived over time. Longevity in the industry should play into your decision making process.

h3rbalist

I used to do drugs. I still do, but I used to, too
Sorry to drop this on you but have you considered a Plenty?

I used this vape to replace a 10 joint a day habit and from what you have said it seems like it woukd be the best choice.

I would also recommend the herbalizer but they don't have a propper UK sales support. Also you would need a step down power converter. (Sorry if this info is outdated)
For these reasons I would steer clear. Its why I dont already own one.

drgreen

funnily enough this is the first vape i ever looekd at lol years ago, im off bed tho il chek out in mirning

drgreen,

grokit

well-worn member
I had volcano envy, was trolling ebay for a sweet used deal for a while. Then the zephyr ion went on sale, and I couldn't be happier. Idk if it still is, but if you are looking at blowers its definitely worth checking out. I would say it's in the top 3 blowers along with the volcano and the herbalizer, and like the herbalizer it's more versatile because it offers whip use out of the box. I had a herbalizer for a while and like the ion better.

drgreen

heya right ive been reading alot,
now i smoke like 10-15 joints a day. this is hwo i get my benefit to my pain etc i need to be high all day and night, little insight, if i go bed without a smoke, in the morning i can not move what so ever i am crippled til i get my smoke, i only sleep 4 hours a night, so when i go bed i makesure i am trashed to last me through

mow i read on the plenty that a guy uses 0.75g and it lastes him 20mins in a bowl 3 rounds of vape from dial 5 to 7,

but im sure people have said using the ssv or da budda i wil use from 2grams to 0.2... is this a difference in vapes efficiency? as it reads that the plenty is gona use same as or more than smoking a joint (at 0.3 a joint say per hour)

but i get the impression the ssv n dabudda is going to have 0.2 a round, and seems it would go alot further??

i like both, i think i will end up with a plenty and a ssv/dabudda,
but its which one to get first..

the only thing with the ssv i see a hassle is the wand is glass to glass? and not fixed to the unit doesnt this prove a hassle ??

am i makign the right choises and thinkings here??

drgreen,

mixchu69

Have you ever thought about using concentrates for pain relief? I got in a car accident and often have muscle spasms near my neck and doctors have tried prescriptions from pain killers to muscle relaxants, but I am staying away from physically addictive substances. When I need pain relief, a dab can go a long way. If you are in a bed, and have trouble moving, I would recommend buying a Persei with hercules and leave it on your nightstand.

Heat up time is in seconds and taste is awesome. I would recommend the core because you don't want to be shuffling batteries when you are in pain. The whole process will take a minute or 2.

mixchu69,
Reactions: CarolKing
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom