best vaporizer for skiing/snowboarding???

catlady

Last year I just rolled Js for my snowboarding trips.... i'm completely done with smoking, so i'd like to buy whichever vaporizer is best for the mountains...

I need something small and portable that I can use about 3 times throughout the day...

catlady,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
I wouldnt recommend taking an Iolite with you snowboarding. Thing craps out at high altitudes (over 6500/7000 feet). go with something like a Vaporgenie (granted you get a lighter that works at high altitude, my bic's never seem too fail up that high, but iolite wont light worth a damn)

DevoTheStrange,

Beezleb

I do not know so I pose this only as a question of concern and not a statement of fact.

I would look into how well the launch box works at colder climates outside. My concern is that it would not be able to maintain heat for vaping well enough. The main problem I surmise would be that the outside temperature would be too cold for the LB to effective function.

If its for inside use, np but outside in winter weather is my concern.

Beezleb,

catlady

DevoTheStrange said:
I wouldnt recommend taking an Iolite with you snowboarding. Thing craps out at high altitudes (over 6500/7000 feet). go with something like a Vaporgenie (granted you get a lighter that works at high altitude, my bic's never seem too fail up that high, but iolite wont light worth a damn)
hi devo,

Would you recommend the iolite if I was snowboarding at small hills... e.g. Top Elevation 2,871 ft.... Bottom Elevation 755 ft

Is it the altitude that is a problem or the cold air?

i have a VaporGenie but:
- I dont find the vaporGenie very discreet... i'm a legal MJ user, so i dont know why i care
- I find it very difficult to use the Genie in windy conditions.... Can someone recommend a Lighter that will work well in the wind and at high altitudes?

catlady,

VaporBud

Was using my iolite at 1000m(over 3000 feet) yesterday it was not cold and it worked the same as always.

VaporBud,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
It is an altitude issue, the iolite wont work above a certain elevation. below 7000 feet should be fine, but if you live where I live, the ski area starts at 10000 give or take so it wouldnt work.
Mine operates daily in the 5-6000 feet range. and I've tried it at the top of the mountain, no dice.

DevoTheStrange,

catlady

DevoTheStrange said:
It is an altitude issue, the iolite wont work above a certain elevation. below 7000 feet should be fine, but if you live where I live, the ski area starts at 10000 give or take so it wouldnt work.
Mine operates daily in the 5-6000 feet range. and I've tried it at the top of the mountain, no dice.
have you used the iolite outdoors in cold temperatures? does it perform well?

is there only 1 iolite model?

catlady,

max

Out to lunch
is there only 1 iolite model?
So far, but the properties of butane with this system may make a high altitude iolite impractical. :shrug:

One vape that's made for cold, windy weather is the Vapman. It requires a torch and I've heard of no altitude problems. There's one for sale in the 'Sell your vape' thread now.

max,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
from what i have heard the iolite can take a bit longer too light in cold (people tend too keep it in a pocket or something before lighting it, so the unit will be warm)

DevoTheStrange,

Rin101

catlady said:
i have a VaporGenie but:
- I dont find the vaporGenie very discreet... i'm a legal MJ user, so i dont know why i care
- I find it very difficult to use the Genie in windy conditions.... Can someone recommend a Lighter that will work well in the wind and at high altitudes?
I use a torch lighter that I got for under 5 bucks on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Torch-jet-style...in_0?hash=item3353f5546e&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14

I've used it indoors with a fan overhead, but never tried it in strong wind..not sure how windy it can be and still work

Rin101,

minnesnowta

Vaporist/Glass Head
I'm in the same boat lookin for a vape for snowboarding and I'm pretty sure I'm going to go with the vapor genie. The launch box is an ok looking thing but having glass in mypocket when I'm hitting rails in jumps is not cool with me. I don't want to fall and get stabbed on top of it. Plus being able to pack a bowl screw the cap on and not having any of your herb fall out would be nice. Can take a hit here or there the. Throw it back in my pocket and keep shreddin. I thought about an iolite but 250 for a snowboarding vape is too much for me. It's not gonna get used that much expecially if I have my wand or pd available.
/rant

minnesnowta,

rayski

minnesnowta said:
The launch box is an ok looking thing but having glass in mypocket when I'm hitting rails in jumps is not cool with me. I don't want to fall and get stabbed on top of it. Plus being able to pack a bowl screw the cap on and not having any of your herb fall out would be nice.
The Launch Box has no glass parts. It has a clear plastic cover that, with the rubber band provided, securely holds the the herb.

rayski,

minnesnowta

Vaporist/Glass Head
What about the mouth peice?? That looked like glass in the pictures I've seen. I spose it could be some sort of plastic

minnesnowta,

rayski

minnesnowta said:
What about the mouth peice?? That looked like glass in the pictures I've seen. I spose it could be some sort of plastic
It's not glass and and some prefer no mouthpiece at all.

rayski,

justvape

i had the supreme last year and did a fair amount of snowboarding with it in very cold weather. It takes about 7 min to heat up and you need to keep heating it after every 2 hits , it pretty impractical if you ask me. i just bought a lb and hopefully it will work in colder temperatures or i just might have to combust.

justvape,

catlady

Besides the fact that the iolite doesn't work at elevations higher than 7000feet, is there any reason why the iolite would not be a good choice for snowboarding? my snowboarding locations are at elevations less than 7000feet, so that shouldn't be a problem.

I'm reading more about the launch box but im not sure if I want to buy a battery vaporizer... im not sure how AA batteries will perform at very cold temperatures... i imagine the battery life wouldn't be good. does anyone have any experience with launch box in the cold?

catlady,

rayski

catlady said:
does anyone have any experience with launch box in the cold?
The Launch Box was launched in March 'o9, so, living in NY, I don't have any cold weather experience with it. But I did use the Iinhale in the cold weather and besides having to be warmed up so that the butane starts flowing it worked at cold temperatures for me.

rayski,

annaK

im gettin the launch box for my snowboarding needs

ill let you know how it goes in december

annaK,

Beezleb

annaK said:
im gettin the launch box for my snowboarding needs

ill let you know how it goes in december
Looking forward to it. We are needing more info on how well the portable vapes are doing at higher altitudes and at colder temps.

Beezleb,

B.

War Criminal
Choism said:
Most definitely. It is right for so many reasons. It's small, stealthy, potent, dependable, and wind doesn't effect it. I imagine you can hit it while riding :D Not that I'd ever recommend such an irresponsible activity.

I have not yet taken my LB out in the cold, so I have no idea how well it fares outdoors in winter.

Magic Flight, do you have any info on cold weather performance of the LB?

My instinct says it will work just fine, which will be so amazing.

B.,

annaK

snowboarding after vaping is a whole new amazing experience :) snowboarding is one of my favorite things to do, and snowboarding after vaping is even better than that...
as always, i choose hills responsibility based on conditions and my current skill/comfort level.

annaK,
Top Bottom