Best vaporizer against pharyngitis?

bandinni13

Hi all,

This is my first post in this forum and I hope to contribute with my own experiences when I bought my first vaporizer.

For many years I smoked joints but this is over because a sinusitis and a little displacement of the septal cartilage and has left me a chronic pharyngitis.

So I'm looking for a vaporizer that least impact to my health and therefore to be as respectful as possible with pharyngitis. I have read many posts here and outside and many people emphasized that classics vaporizers like the Volcano leave the throat very dry after inhaling. So I'm looking for some Vaporizer that will not leave like that. Maybe I should buy one with a water bong as VRIP for example? I'm a little lost, so
if anyone can offer some help plz

Sorry if my English is not perfect, I'm still learning... :brow:

bandinni13,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Hiya Bandinni, welcome to FC.

I'm not entirely sure if you should be wanting to vaporize with your condition. Vapor is always dry, even though some vapes are harsher than others. You might try vaping through water (with a waterpipe) on a low temp, perhaps even hot water (I don't like it myself, but others seem to experience it as smoother), but I think I'd rather switch to edibles in your case. Have you ever tried or considered cooking with your herbs?

Have a look at this section if you're interested: Cooking with Cannabis

If you do want to look in to vaporizers it might help if you give us an approximate location, since the availability of some vaporizers may differ in the EU and the USA.

OhTheAgony,

bandinni13

TheAgony,

Thanks for the information. I'm in Spain but I can buy US products in Internet if necessary. And yes, I think you understand very well my problem, I want to vaporize without drying out the throat. I did not know that using hot water in a bong made the puffs more softers. Nice point!

So VRIPtech + bong with hot water are a good choice, no? Or is there a better option?

By the way, I have cannabis butter in the fridge :lol: But it has many drawbacks. Doses are very difficult to control and the effect is too long.

bandinni13,

Jiltut

bandinni13 said:
TheAgony,
By the way, I have cannabis butter in the fridge :lol: But it has many drawbacks. Doses are very difficult to control and the effect is too long.

I couldn't tell you anything about vaporizing, my vape should be with me shortly though. I have a very sensitive throat & airways so I'll let you know how I tolerate it if you want. I'll be using water as a filter, why is hot water better?

I tried chocolate edibles in the past & I fully understand the difficulty with controlling dose, it's incredibly hard because it depends what you've eaten, tough to work out is this it? do I need more? then after taking a bit more it hits you all at once :ko:. I found a very big variation between strains too plus obvious variations in potency between strains made it even tougher.

I was actually very happy with the long duration of edibles, it's what I'm after, not sure how I'm going to manage medicating all day with vaporizing, anyone got any idea? how long should I leave between vapes to keep as steady an effect as possible.

Could one vape last a day if I'm after a mild effect? maybe I'll have to get a portable in the future if vaping agrees with me.

Jiltut,

J.R.R.Tokin'

Wych Doctor
Manufacturer
@bandinni13. Another vaporizer to consider is the Aromed 4.0. It comes complete with water filtration and, as I understand it from chatting to a few people with them, it hits at the lower / cooler end of the spectrum.

One thing to consider is always taking micro hits. If you only take very very small hits, through water, the irritation should be reduced even more. It's the big lung-fulls that will irritate your throat.

@Jiltut. Medicating with cannabis is a tricky thing whether you are using flowers, concentrates or edibles/tinctures. As you stated each strain has it's own effects due to their complex variety of CBD's which affect us in different ways. Also, there is the issue of tolerance build-up to consider and individual's 'built-in' tolerences.

For me personally, I self medicate for insomnia and RLS, I find that having multiple strains is a must. I will stick to two strains for a few days - when I feel that I need higher doses to get to the same place I will switch strains. I try to keep my strains, doses and temps lower in the day so that I have stronger effects in the evening to aid sleep. Also, I know this one isn't for all, I find having different performing vapes a big help too. I tend to use the 'lighter' hitting vapes earlier on and do heavy bong hits in the evening.

As I don't have access to concentrates I use a MFLB throughout the day to combat the RLS. If I could get concentrates I would seriously consider something like an Omicron or Thermo Revolution too. As it is I use my MFLB as my travel medication device. I find that I only need 1 trench throughout the day to keep the irritation at bay. It's stealthy so no problems taking 1 quick hit almost anywhere whenever I feel the 'itch'.

To answer a few of your questions directly:
* Why is hot water better? Is it better? Some people may prefer it as they find it easier to take hits, but personally I don't like it - but I have always hated steam rooms and saunas and it kind of reminds me of that.

* How am I going to manage all day with vaporizing / how long should I leave between vapes to keep as steady an effect as possible? If you are recently coming from smoking you are going to have to cope with a transition period where your body is getting used to this new form/concentration of THC/CBD/CBN. You may feel like your not getting effects. Don't worry, that will pass. I believe the key to all day medication is to have an effective portable - unless you are house bound - coupled with an effective home unit.

I find it's about every 2 hours I need a 'top-off' hit. After a little experimentation and using some of the tips posted above I think you won't have any problems finding the right level for you. Every ailment for each individual person will need different levels of medication to be effective and maintain.

* Can 1 vape session have lasting effects all day? For me this is not the case. You may find that for you this works, but imo I don't think it will. If you need to feel the effects all day I think you will have to get a portable.

I have just related your questions to my own personal experience. Others may have a totally different take - this is just a point to work from. I think you'll find that a hundred people can give you advice but none of it is worth as much as your own personal experience and experimentation.

Good luck in finding your 'Perfect Level'.

J.R.R.Tokin',

bandinni13

thanks for so much information! In summary, it's best to take short shots and to buy a vaporizer with water filter, right? Hot water is not clear but maybe can help. OK. There are some vaporizers with similar characteristics of Aromed 4.0 but cheaper? Vrip+bong have the same quality of Aromed?

I had to look on wikipedia what's RLS. I see you have your dose very controlled and I see cannabis is helping you. Another further evidence for decriminalization. I'm glad it helps you so much :)

bandinni13,

J.R.R.Tokin'

Wych Doctor
Manufacturer
Thanks for the kind words, and yes it helps me maintain a relatively normal pattern of living.

The summary is what I would recommend as a starting point. You will find the need to fine-tune this for your own preference.

As to the Aromed. It was just a suggestion of a device that I've come across that seemed to fit your needs. It seems to me to be a bit more medically orientated than many other devices on the market and is specifically designed to be used through water. Though I'm sure you can get similar effects from almost any vaporizer by using lower temperatures and water filtration.

My issue for you with a device like the Vrip is it seems to be a pretty heavy hitter and doesn't seem like you would be able to take little puffs off it - but don't quote me!

Something that might help, as to suggestions of suitable machines, is if you tell us a bit about your usage. Are you an every day user / heavy or light use / high or low tolerence / realistic price range / do you like to get 'high' or 'stoned'?

A few things I would advise for you in deciding on a machine:

1) Get a variable heat vaporizer. It doesn't matter if it's an analogue or inaccurate reading - as long as it's reliable and constant - what I mean is,as an example, the Extreme Q is constant in that every time I put it on 200 it's the same temperature. It might not actually be 200 but at 200 it emits the same heat. This better control of the heat can lead to better control of irritation.

2) Get something that is adaptable for water - with a little ingenuity pretty much any vaporizer can be rigged to water. Some are just easier than others.

3) Have a quick read/ look at the devices that interest you. Narrow that down to 3 choices and have a really thorough read of those threads. If your still unsure then post a follow up asking for suggestions.

On an aside. I guess you really want to get a vaporizer soon as your probably still smoking. My advice is to stop smoking now and go on a tolerance break. People can find the transition from smoking to vaping difficult as the effects are different. I believe it would be a whole lot easier if you could manage even a week without pot before you get your new vaporizer.

Don't rush your decision. It's easy to get carried away and make brash decisions. Be thorough in your investigations and don't take anyone's word as gospel. We all try to help but we usually approach our answers from a personal view point - so what's right for me might not be right for you.

I'll keep my eye on this thread so if you have any more questions or just want some general advice please post away.

Good luck with your hunt!

J.R.R.Tokin',

bandinni13

Thanks again for your advice. We notice that you have experience and you're an analytical and methodical person :D

I'll post a new post outside the medical area with the new specifications.

bandinni13,

Nycdeisel

The cleanest vape i have used yet is the CRZ(ceramic rockzap) very smooth. Just add a simle straight tube or beaker, just some simple diffusion to filter small particles that would irritate you and also to add moisture to the dry vapor(vapor does not need to be cooled down as much as it needs to be moisturized)

Nycdeisel,

bandinni13

Nycdeisel said:
The cleanest vape i have used yet is the CRZ(ceramic rockzap) very smooth. Just add a simle straight tube or beaker, just some simple diffusion to filter small particles that would irritate you and also to add moisture to the dry vapor(vapor does not need to be cooled down as much as it needs to be moisturized)

Thx for your suggestions ;)

bandinni13,
Top Bottom