• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Best vape for tiny amounts?

vapequest2017

Hi guys,

I am new to vapes and was wondering if there is a vape out there that is good handling tiny bits of herb.

Thing is, I need to be able to put just a tiny amount in the bowl and be able to vape it fully. This in order get the least high possible, but still be able to calm my overactive nerves that cause me a lot of pain.

Looking for something discrete, battery powered, easy to clean and fast to heat up. Hopefully a unit that contains the vape inside and doesn't leak, in order to prevent odor coming from the vape itself. Puffs go into a smokebuddy. If possible, one with good resale value too so I can sell it on ebay if it is not working for me. Under $200 would be great.

Also, for vaping CBD oil (not the thick paste, but the eliquid), what do you recommend and is there a vape out there that could be used for both dry herb and oils? I see only dry herb/concentrates.

I appreciate any advice you may have.

Thanks

vapequest2017,

vapequest2017

Potable or desktop?
Portable and with a battery (want to get rid of the lighter). Apparently I need a convection type so that it burns the material only when I pull.

I looked at the grasshopper after reading some suggestions elsewhere, but some very recent reviews from people who bought it say they are not very reliable and fail often. Some people even going on their 3 device sent from the company. It is quite expensive at 200 bucks to not be a reliable purchase.

Thanks

vapequest2017,

howie105

Thanks for the reply, it cuts out the VapCap (lighter powered) and the Launch Box (conduction) leaving the Solo as the only vape I can suggest that might fit your needs and that I can actually vouch for. Good Luck

KidFated.

Unknown Member
magic flight? it is conduction but it is on demand heat..

solo smells of baked weed when warming up, according to my girlfriend

KidFated.,
Reactions: flotntoke

little maggie

These are not stealthy but they are battery operated , portable and "on demand". You can microdose with any of them: If you have questions about them you can ask in their threads. I'm not aware of reliability issues with any of these (and I have all 3).
Milaana
Mistvape Touch (MVT)
Tubo Evic
There are all available even though the tubo is in the unreleased portable section. I don't know about the solo 2 but the original solo was not on demand.

Last edited:
little maggie,
Reactions: muunch

subway13029

Look at the boundless hybrid..its conduction but does small amounts and also does liquids because it's a tc mod as well..lots of other better ones but this one does both..they also have a convection unit..CFv..

Baron23

For small loads with a portable and no butane (your criteria) the Grasshopper excels in function. Can run that sucker easily at .03 - .05 g and up to maybe about .12 max. Bit hot to the mouth and throat, but IMO most true portables have to sacrifice vapor cooling path for portability.

Airizer Solo II...particularly if you get a Flowmaster stem or similar with the little notches at the oven end for improved airflow. Basically a portable battery powered log vape, but a bit large. You aren't going to be able to put this thing in your jeans pocket.

Frankly, I think a Mighty/Crafty with dosing capsules are terrific, efficient, and can also run with a very economical size load. Put a liquid pad on top of the load and you can make it even smaller.

FM Swiftpro or Boundless CFV are not large ovens, are full convection, but I'm not sure how small of a load you want (you said tiny) and while I have run them about 2/3 full, I have never really run them with a "tiny" load.

I'm sure there are others, but this is what occurred to me. Hope this was helpful.

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
For your needs I'd recommend the Vapir Prima. I use it throughout the day to do small loads and you can use it to do CDB concentrate... I'm not sure if it'll work with an e-liquid but It's sure nice with wax.

RUDE BOY,
Reactions: KidFated.

vapequest2017

UPDATE:
I have narrowed it down to either the FF2 or the Grasshopper.

I can get the FF2 for about $250 from ebay new with warranty or the Grasshopper for $200 from their website.

It seems that the Grasshopper is a hit or miss and I might be in for a lot of trouble, but it truly looks like the perfect vape for my needs. Easy to use and perfect for microdosing. I just feel a little iffy in spending $200 for a unit that has so many complaints from members on this board.

Also, the Omnivap looks great, but I don't want to deal with buying a torch lighter and butane and all that.

I am making a decision tonight though.

vapequest2017,

Baron23

UPDATE:

I can get the FF2 for about $250 from ebay new with warranty or the Grasshopper for $200 from their website.

It seems that the Grasshopper is a hit or miss and I might be in for a lot of trouble, but it truly looks like the perfect vape for my needs. Easy to use and perfect for microdosing. I just feel a little iffy in spending $200 for a unit that has so many complaints from members on this board.

Also, the Omnivap looks great, but I don't want to deal with buying a torch lighter and butane and all that.

Friend, if you are worried about user reports of issues with the GH.....you might want to do more reading and thinking about the FF2. Just saying, yeah?

vapequest2017

Friend, if you are worried about user reports of issues with the GH.....you might want to do more reading and thinking about the FF2. Just saying, yeah?

Baron, are you suggesting the FF2 has as many issues as the GH?
I did notice some issues (like the app not displaying battery levels), but the fact firefly answered the phone when I called to ask questions vs GH not even having a phone number to contact them makes a difference.
Firefly mentioned they are about to release an update to their app so that the temps can be further customized.

How is your GH working out for you?
They have a 30% off their somewhat ugly heat treated TI version, but guess what.. when I tried to pull the trigger on it earlier today, their checkout process didn't even acknowledge the discount (not even at the very final step). I emailed them about it, but have not heard back from them. (30% off $245 for their Ti heated version is a good deal, I wonder if these were not popular at all and they want them gone)

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
UPDATE:

My experience with the GH has been good but I no longer use it as regularly as I used to.

I began following the GH thread just after the preorders. It seems to me the majority of frequent repeat RMA's reported are by heavy users that are hitting the device close to full whack regularly throughout the day. That's not to say you wouldn't have to deal with an RMA, I can't guarantee that, it's just less likely that you'll need to deal with frequent repeat RMA's. But I do believe you have to deal eventually with at least one or two over its lifetime. Personally I think of it like car service.

I'm still really cautious about recommending the GH, it's an amazingly convenient form factor when out and about. It's fairly good at home, if you are micro dosing on low to medium temps I think it could weather that usage pattern a little more easily than the heavy hitters.

To prolong my GH life and reduce my "hopper service" requirements I mostly now only use it when I'm out and about. Which is now about once a week. Mostly I run a VapCap via a small bubbler (MFLB Orbiter). It's robust, very easy to maintain and so convenient. No threads to worry about, no batteries.... no problem. No gas, meh I'll use the stove. Zombies killed the gas supply, shit, I'll use a tea light on the VapCap and a shovel on the Zombies.

I'm waiting for my VapCap battery powered Induction heater, it will allow me to heat the Vapcap in 10 seconds or less just by placing the Vapcap into the induction coil. It's small, portable and requires no gas. You could get a VapCap M and Induction charger for about $150 and there are a whole host of upgrade options.

I'm not a fan of the FF2, I've been spoilt by the speed and syealth of the GH along with the robustness and the myriad of options the VapCap offers.

Edit: if you go for the GH get the basic SS, it's easier for HopperLabs to RMA than the HT or the Colour Ti's.

vapequest2017

Greenhopper,

Thanks for your insight !

What are you using to heat up your vapcap? 2 flame, 1 flame etc. And how often do you have to buy new butane ? They have a 20% off sale now and the M could be an inexpensive way to try this vape, but would need to buy a torch and fluid... so I would need to find what works best.

Mr. Me2

Hey @vapequest2017 , let me add my :2c: if you don't mind.

Vapcap may be the way to go for you. You can get an induction heater from @Pipes and avoid the butane issues. If you start with a M, you can still get a gh and pay about the same as a ff.

I have a ff1 and gh (and a few others, including a Vapcap). The gh is my regular go-to. I found the ff1 too finicky and I hated the need to stir. I've read that the ff2 needs stirring too and seems to have a bigger learning curve / more technique than the gh.

The gh is just a pleasure to hold and use, easy to clean, and has a lifetime warranty.

Hope this helps!

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
Greenhopper,

Thanks for your insight !

What are you using to heat up your vapcap? 2 flame, 1 flame etc. And how often do you have to buy new butane ? They have a 20% off sale now and the M could be an inexpensive way to try this vape, but would need to buy a torch and fluid... so I would need to find what works best.

I've used a lot of things to heat up the VC.

Radiator doesn't work as well as I hoped it would.

Sun via magnifying glass works way better than I hoped it would.

I've settled on either the dual flame Thunderbird insert for my zippo case and a single flame flint wheel skinny torch recommended by @Squiby. I own 3x of those as they were cheap. I like to place the empty ones to one side as they run out and refill them all at once. Another nugget of wisdom gained from @Squiby's advice.

I'd be shocked if you went through more than a can a year. Well maybe not shocked but mildly surprised.

For someone that wants to micro dose I'd now recommend a dynavap M and an induction heater. The plugin heaters are $65 and the M is currently $40, an almost perfect vape experience for at home micro dosing.

For on the road I'd start with any cheap dual flame torch, get two so you have a backup. All in all that would cost you about $120 plus shipping plus my 10% cut :p I'm confident that would be a really good experience.

Squiby

Yeah. A can of butane lasts a long long time.

Here is a link to the single jet cylindrical lighter that @GreenHopper mentioned above. I also use it the most often. They are cheap and tiny and fit nicely in the Vapcap pouch and can also fit into the stash compartment of a Dynastash if you file it out a bit.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Creative-Cyl...791940?hash=item2a7160be04:g:OSMAAOSwjVVVnWp4

8q2epSh.jpg

There is thread that discusses everyone's favorite lighter for the Vapcap.

Here is the thread...

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/w...se-with-the-vapcap.23318/page-11#post-1132908

vapequest2017

Thanks @GreenHopper for the suggestions.

@Squiby Nice little on the go setup!

where did you get the leather pouch? I didn't see it on their website.
Also, that black cylinder on the right is what the vapcap comes in correct? or is it the bigger size stash?

Nice Bengal cat! I have 4 rescues that I am a slave to lol.

Baron23

Baron, are you suggesting the FF2 has as many issues as the GH?

How is your GH working out for you?

Wrt to the FF2, not sure how far I want to go down that road. But...my clear perception is that there are many who love their FF2 and there are many who hate it and think its a complete and utter rip off. I have used one, not my cup of tea at all. If you are not aware of this division in FF2 owners, then yes...I would suggest some more reading to ensure you are making the most fully informed decision.

My GH is rock solid. Many are not. I use mine mostly for that 2 am medication session, maybe 4-5 times a week. Its a year old and not a hiccup.

But I also am not happy with Hopper Labs QA/reliability. As for getting FF on the phone, that's nice until they tell you that your lid gasket falling off is cosmetic and not covered under warranty. Then you may not be as happy to talk to them. LOL

vapequest2017

Good points @Baron23

Well, I bought the Grasshopper Ti Heat treated last night after being tired of researching and putting it off.

I didn't want to mention this since I may just cancel the order and just get a Stainless steel unit or the plain Ti unit instead of the heat treated, mainly for the reason that @GreenHopper stated above, which is they will have issues replacing any body part.

If they end up replacing something on this vape, it will look like a children's toy and totally mismatched not to mention that they may use this as a reason to take longer to send the unit back?

I emailed them regarding this exact point and I am waiting to hear back.
Also waiting to see if they will honor the 30% discount on this vape since their cart system did not reflect the discount and I just paid full price in hopes to get them to fix it later and to secure the vape. (late at night=bad decisions)

Should I just take advantage of the 30% off on this off looking hopper or cancel and get the SS or Ti ?

I think I will still get the M since it is just $40 and may even be a cool gift for a friend of mine, so thank you guys for the suggestions!

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
Good points @Baron23

Well, I bought the Grasshopper Ti Heat treated last night after being tired of researching and putting it off.

I didn't want to mention this since I may just cancel the order and just get a Stainless steel unit or the plain Ti unit instead of the heat treated, mainly for the reason that @GreenHopper stated above, which is they will have issues replacing any body part.

If they end up replacing something on this vape, it will look like a children's toy and totally mismatched not to mention that they may use this as a reason to take longer to send the unit back?

I emailed them regarding this exact point and I am waiting to hear back.
Also waiting to see if they will honor the 30% discount on this vape since their cart system did not reflect the discount and I just paid full price in hopes to get them to fix it later and to secure the vape. (late at night=bad decisions)

Should I just take advantage of the 30% off on this off looking hopper or cancel and get the SS or Ti ?

I think I will still get the M since it is just $40 and may even be a cool gift for a friend of mine, so thank you guys for the suggestions!

Personally I'd cancel the HT and get the SS and use the cash difference to get an SS performance front end and a couple of spare batteries.

I would suggest 3x batteries (1 comes with hopper) is a good amount.

When you get the VC M make sure you register an account with DynaVap rather than checkout as guest. They often offer special deals to existing customers with accounts so in the future you'll have access to those.

vapequest2017

Personally I'd cancel the HT and get the SS and use the cash difference to get an SS performance front end and a couple of spare batteries.

I would suggest 3x batteries (1 comes with hopper) is a good amount.

When you get the VC M make sure you register an account with DynaVap rather than checkout as guest. They often offer special deals to existing customers with accounts so in the future you'll have access to those.

Will do. I thought the GH came with 2 batteries? no big issue since they are cheap. Will the performance front end make a huge difference or I can get it later maybe?

Anything else worth getting from Dynastore while they have the 20% off ? Where is the cool leather pouch sold?

Thanks greenhopper. !

Top Bottom