1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

best vape for hash

Discussion in 'Concentrates' started by moodster80, Mar 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IAmKrazy2

IAmKrazy2 Darth Vapor

The Omni and any TI version is best, as it allows for the best airflow. But, the M is a damn nice vape too and for the price can't be beat. Id recommend getting both, but the all TI version is best in class.

It is a very different beast than the SV3 but i personally use the VC much more often. The VC is faster to use, and has a very unique vapor profile that utilizes convection, conduction, and radiant heat. It is obviously a great portable, but can hold it's own at home. It doesn't take up much space. It is amazing how cool the vapor is considering the short vapor path. I love the SV3 but the vapor comes in very hot if you don't use it with a water tool.

@Gray Area the Lotus is a great vape too but is pure convection and thus not ideal for hard hash and concentrates IMO. I have found vapes that use both conduction and convection are superior for all hard concentrates.

2. biohacker

biohacker Well-Known Member

I think i've basically retired flowers and replacing with hashes! I have so many different strains and sources, that i've developed a real appreciation for it, and furthermore it's way smoother for me and doesn't fuck with any of my allergies to plant material.

Have you tried in your SV3? The experience is absolutely sublime. You've probably seen my concentrate stem mod in the thread, but I just throw some crumbled in there (or grated if it's rock hard like my Rolex), heat it up with the stem inserted to 380-400, then take a nice slow rip and whitewall (flavour country). Then when it thins, I remove, tamp/stir/fluff, re-insert, heat back up, and now it's time for the money shot! I've just been loving it!

Thanks man, that's easy then - Omni it is - airflow is the name of the game for me here. How would you say the omni ranks in airflow vs sv3? I assume maybe slightly more restricted? Sv3 is tolerable for me.

Is the VC vapor profile really that unique vs the sv3's convection/conduction/radiation? Why do you think the vapour is cooler?

Completely agree, so in your experience is there anything better or close to as good as the VC for hard concentrates? Now that i'm retiring flowers, i'm left with only the sv3 to work properly with hash and extracts, and planning to add the VC to the collection. Any others that could compete at this level for hard hashes? The only others to work well for extracts for me was the E-nano using cotton, but not sure just how effective it would be for the harder hashes. Probably an airflow nightmare.

3. ghostofcyberx13

ghostofcyberx13 And That Ain't No Joke, You Can Disappear In Smoke

Well I went ahead and purchased the VapCap, the $50.00 basic model along with 3 screens for $5.00. Seems a fair price and sure looks like it will do what I want, smoking hash in various forms. I will review after I receive and use it a few times. I still have to go to the Apothecarium SOMA hopefully this week, but depends on the weather as I won't be mt. biking in the rain.

4. biohacker

biohacker Well-Known Member

Nice! I was researching this all day yesterday and some use the M solely because it excels at hash! Some said it was even better than a Ti tip because it maintains heat longer. I'm still torn though, I have some trusted sources that have told me it's near torture for airflow through a bong, so I think i'll stick with my sv3 because another source has told me that it's even better than the VC for hash with much better airflow.

Apparently the VapMan is pretty decent but I think it can only do micros. I'm crushing .1g to .15g at a time in the sv3, but it works fine with .05g or less.

Looking forward to your review! :rockon:

ghostofcyberx13, GreenHopper and JCat like this.
  5. HaschLover

HaschLover New Member

I love vaping hasch in my Sticky Brick Junior from Sticky Brick Labs.
    • As it is flame heated it allows for very high and diverse temperatures. Like to vape my hash that way.
    • Has a big bowl which is very easily accessibel for stirring and cleaning. Stirring is in my opiniion especially importent when vaping hash so easy access to the bowl is a big advantage. I find a big bowl good for spreading the hash and allowing room for different protective layers.
    • Uses a standard steel screen for filter which is easy to clean by removing and burning. Hash clogs everything so thats helpful.
    The Dynavap Vapcap also does a fine job vaping hash but is not as easy to access for stirring and cleaning and I personally find the chamber sice too small.

Also tried the Arizer Solo as I read somewhere it should be good for vaping hash. Not a good advice. Not enough heat, small chamber which is hard to access for cleaning and clogs easily. That one made me avoid electric devices for vaping hasch.

6. Cereal4dinner

Cereal4dinner Well-Known Member

arizer eq with ddave mod is excellent for vaping hash. you just sandwich is between two screens and stir often. if its pressed hash youll need to draw air through it to warm it up and after that first stir youll get great hits

7. Alex3oe

Alex3oe Accessory Maker

I'm using a j-hook and my Splinter/Elite/Tubo upside down. Works great with any vape. The biggest "problem" about vaping hash is dirt/cleaning and that you have to stir. To prevent the screen from clogging I put a small amount of weed on the screen, just covering it, and top on that the hash :)

Don't like to use cotton or hemp fiber for myself. Lots of fiddling and bad taste with the first one or two puffs.

8. pakalolo

pakalolo Toolbag v1.1 (candidate) Staff Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors