Best use of $100-$120/oz shake

CurryLeafTreehugger

Vape it?

Turn it into tincture?

Make edibles?

I can get REGULAR BUD (not shake) Blue Dream and Skinny Mint for $25 per eighth ($200/oz). Everything else (REGULAR BUD) runs $50/eighth and up.

The shake amounts to $12.50 to $15 per eighth. I'm just wondering what the price-point break is that makes buying shake economical, and for which uses.

EDITED to make it more obvious that I am comparing the price of the shake to regular bud.

Last edited:
CurryLeafTreehugger,

YungLeaner

shake is too generic a term to really know for sure. If it comes from very good weed and has lots of popcorn nugs and sugar leaf, then shake might be worth 25/eighth. but the majority of shake is stuff that you really never want to have to get high from and the high is less satisfying and it's mostly leaves and bits of sticks

YungLeaner,

CurryLeafTreehugger

shake is too generic a term to really know for sure. If it comes from very good weed and has lots of popcorn nugs and sugar leaf, then shake might be worth 25/eighth. but the majority of shake is stuff that you really never want to have to get high from and the high is less satisfying and it's mostly leaves and bits of sticks
Errrr ... no, the shake is not $25 per eighth. Those latter prices were for regular bud. Blue Dream and Skinny Mint are available for that price, all the rest of the regular bud is a lot more than that, at least double or more ($50 per eighth and up).

The SHAKE is $100 to $120 PER OUNCE. So like $12.50 to $15 per eighth. And there are no leaves or bits of sticks in the shake. It's broken buds as far as I can tell.

CurryLeafTreehugger,

YungLeaner

Errrr ... no, the shake is not $25 per eighth. Those latter prices were for regular bud. Blue Dream and Skinny Mint are available for that price, all the rest of the regular bud is a lot more than that, at least double or more ($50 per eighth and up).

The SHAKE is $100 to $120 PER OUNCE. So like $12.50 to $15 per eighth. And there are no leaves or bits of sticks in the shake. It's broken buds as far as I can tell.
If it's broken buds for that price I would be all over it.

YungLeaner,
Reactions: nosmoking

herbivore21

Make bubble hash, squish anything that doesn't fully melt into rosin. Enjoy far nicer product than any other technique is gonna give you from shake :D

Madcap79

Jack of all trades, master of none.
I vote edibles. At least that's what I would do if I could get a sweet deal like that!

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
I would blast butane through it, put it in the vac chamber and enjoy some beautiful shatter.

mrbonsai420,

CurryLeafTreehugger

I wasn't specific enough. SORRY! I am asking specifically ONLY for low-tech non-flammable methods of extracting canna-goodness. That means no boiling off of alcohol (my range is gas and wouldn't be safe anyway) and no butane!

Like the tincture procedure I listed up in the first post, or making canna-cream or canna-butter.

I now have processed my first batch of water-cured ABV also, and it has not turned out as expected. But that's a different issue, LOL!

I don't want to even try anything that could result in poisoning, explosion, or other unnatural disasters. I have no idea what "blasting" actually means, but I am not in the sort of physical condition to do anything tricky, nor anything complicated. Too much chance I'll get distracted or make a mistake or remember the instructions incorrectly even if I have them right in front of me.

I'm a medical marijuana user for a reason, after all, LOL!

I'm also too poor to buy a lot of expensive equipment.

How about making capsules? Can that be done low-tech and cheaply? I'd looked into it before but was put of by reports from others of being raided by the DEA when they try to buy the pill-filling thingies that hold the capsules for you.

CurryLeafTreehugger,
Reactions: chimpybits
Top Bottom