Best ultra portable vape

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluenavey00

Arizer Air Aficionado
Hello community :)

I am relatively new to vapeing, just over one month into owning an Arizer Air and loving every minute of it.

As a 5 year long combuster I became accustomed to the ease of taking a pre roll and a lighter into some difficult situations, such as festival crowds or a club.

The Arizer Air is amazing, for home use, use round friends etc but not appropriate for the festival scenario say.

I guess the best option would be some kind of vape pen? I was wondering what people would be able to suggest.

I guess I would like something with a lower price, even is vapor quality isn't the best. Bare in mind this would be very rarely used. A handful of days per year and my Arizer Air would be the go to when I want the quality.

bluenavey00,

McSheamus

Keep in mind that a pen vaporizer is for concentrates and wax. A true pen-sized herb vaporizer has yet to be made. The Air is pretty much the closest to it I think...

I find it a bit a hassle with all vaporizers to take with me, with the all the seperate parts that i have to stuff in my pants.

The Air's bag that comes with is pretty handy if you have a cap to put on your pre-filled stem.

Maybe someyhing else to complement your Air, like a Vapman?
Tiny and easy to take with, no need for battery (with the vapman lighter you can pretty much cover a week before refilling), they come in a cheap (but exactly the same performance) and less cheaper but still cheap model, tastes less then the Air but still pretty fucking tastefull, and very efficient!

bluenavey00

Arizer Air Aficionado
Keep in mind that a pen vaporizer is for concentrates and wax. A true pen-sized herb vaporizer has yet to be made. The Air is pretty much the closest to it I think...

I find it a bit a hassle with all vaporizers to take with me, with the all the seperate parts that i have to stuff in my pants.

The Air's bag that comes with is pretty handy if you have a cap to put on your pre-filled stem.

Maybe someyhing else to complement your Air, like a Vapman?
Tiny and easy to take with, no need for battery (with the vapman lighter you can pretty much cover a week before refilling), they come in a cheap (but exactly the same performance) and less cheaper but still cheap model, tastes less then the Air but still pretty fucking tastefull, and very efficient!

Wow that is a vape I have never heard of before and certainly is very interesting and a little different to the normal vape.

I forgot to mention, but some how you magically picked up on the fact that I will be using my vapes exclusively for dry herb.

I have actually just found a pen style vape designed for dry leaf called the v2 pro series 3. Is made for e liquid but also for sale is a dry herb loader. Went to purchase to check price and shipping and says to be dispatched before the end of March. So maybe its not out yet.

Is this the first true pen vape for dry herb? If not, can't be long can it with all the new vapes coming out? I have until the summer for festival season :p

bluenavey00,

McSheamus

Just looked at a quick review, looks pretty good. But then again, looks and words are deceiving :D it's good that you have time till the summer, then you can sit back and watch the reviews coming on FC.

I read that after 2mins it shuts off, and you can get about 15 sessions of 2mins. Half an hour of battery is pretty good for pen-sized i think, but how are you gonna charge at a festival? This is why I mentioned the Vapman, charging issues.

McSheamus,

bluenavey00

Arizer Air Aficionado
Just looked at a quick review, looks pretty good. But then again, looks and words are deceiving :D it's good that you have time till the summer, then you can sit back and watch the reviews coming on FC.

I read that after 2mins it shuts off, and you can get about 15 sessions of 2mins. Half an hour of battery is pretty good for pen-sized i think, but how are you gonna charge at a festival? This is why I mentioned the Vapman, charging issues.

I have a nice big Anker 12000MAH portable USB charger that I use for a phone and stuff, charges up to 2.1amp, that end of the power spectrum is more for high power tablets than vapes. But also apparently has some smart detection electonics in there to charge at a good rate for the device plugged in. Also managed to get a USB cable that works with the Air :)

bluenavey00,

McSheamus

I have a nice big Anker 12000MAH portable USB charger that I use for a phone and stuff, charges up to 2.1amp, that end of the power spectrum is more for high power tablets than vapes. But also apparently has some smart detection electonics in there to charge at a good rate for the device plugged in. Also managed to get a USB cable that works with the Air :)

I don't know shit about electronics my man :D but it seems you have thought it through!

The most difficult part is upon you now: waiting. :p like you said, with all these new vapes, there has to come a true pen-sized vaporizer soon! Not that I want one, fuck stealth :D

bounce5

I just heard about this new vape pen. Its a revamped xmax2 put out by vapefiend. Looks interesting. It's made of stainless steel, electronics isolated from vapor path, swappable battery, lower price point, and looks like an e-cig.

Last edited:

hi_there

I use the Imag+ for stealth, it has decent taste, big clouds and there is a new version that is supposed to work even better. Mine was the old version for $59, the new one is $99 I believe. The puffit 2 is probably the most stealthy one out right now, but it does not give great clouds, it does the job though. The new Grasshopper looks promising and would probably suit your needs if it is as good as the manufacturer says.

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
As others have said, there really isn't any great vaporizer on the market in a pen-size format. Some are close, but nothing is perfect. A lot of people are watching the grasshopper, but I'm not holding my breath. Every new vape has issues, and Grasshopper will be no different (maybe even worse since it's a new company).

For my stealth needs, I use an Indica. It's small enough to fit into my hand, so only the lid is exposed. And when I flip the lid shut, there is no noticeable odor that I can find. Unlike my other portable vapes which tend to smell a little bit even when off.

Indica isn't "extremely" stealth, but it has been more than sufficient for my needs

Delta3DStudios,

max

Out to lunch
I just heard about this new vape pen. Its a revamped xmax2 put out by vapefiend. Looks interesting. It's made of stainless steel, electronics isolated from vapor path, swappable battery, lower price point, and looks like an e-cig.
I just received a Storm in the mail and will be trying it out after work today. The improvements seem like good ones, and the overall quality looks good. At 7/8" in diameter, and just over 6" long, it's similar in size to some e-cig models. For carrying I'd prefer the flatter 'flask' style shape/size of the Flowermate V5.0S and DaVinci, but the cylinder shape of the Storm does look much more like the typical large size e-cig. Vapefiend will also be adding glass mouthpiece and water adapter options.

Derrrpp

For the world is hollow and I have touched the sky
Have you looked into VaporGenie? They have a variety of products ranging from the stainless steel coil for $35 to the glass sherlock for $109. I own the VG Classic and IME it works really well. As long as the flame based operation doesn't bother you, they're definitely good products. And as cheap as most of the models are, it wouldn't be the end of the world if it were to get lost/stolen.

Just my :2c:. Good luck with your search!

Derrrpp,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

Mr.tuffyino-h-i-o

You should check out grasshopper vaporizer it's in the Portable -Thread Candidates section
looks like a damn pen

Just starting to send them out so wait until a few FC members make a review video

HD Springer

Did they really finally start putting the gh out.I havnt even made it to church to start asking for forgivness yet.Hell have finally frozen over?

HD Springer,

bluenavey00

Arizer Air Aficionado
Thanks everyone for your suggestions, some of which I had looked at already but many of which I hadnt.

So much vape knowledge going around :)

I now have many threads to read and YouTube videos to watch....

bluenavey00,
Reactions: grokit

arf777

No longer dogless
The Pinnacle and Pinnacle Pro are stealthier than the Air, though the vapor is not quite as tasty.

arf777,

Ital meditation

For pure stealthiness, you can't go wrong with the old school MFLB. You can pretty much conceal it with your hand and you can microsip it so barely any extra vapor is released. Two-three tokes and I'm always set. The batteries can be an issue but as long as you have a few spares, you're good to go.
Goes for around a hundred bucks. Though before you take it out in public, make sure you experimented with a bit. Has a learning curve but not as bad as some people describe it, imho. Good luck with your search.

Ital meditation,
Reactions: KidFated.

cow-a-bunga

I had an Inhalater 004 which I liked very much. Very good battery life, micro usb charger, good extraction, small form, nice temp control, easy to use, load and clean, durable and just throw it in your pocket after use.

I have not been following the latest Inhalater thread, but I know some early adopters had trouble with their units. I think the problems are sorted now.

Last edited:
cow-a-bunga,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom