• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Best post Extreme Q choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Behaviorist

Hello FC users,

This is my first post, although I have been following the boards for quite some time. I am currently a user of the Arizer Extreme Q. It has treated me well as the second vaporizer I have owned. The first vaporizer I bought was a pen style prior to any research. Needless to say all that did was combust.

I feel like it is time for me to upgrade to something new. In addition, I have read some concerning information on the web about melting parts inside the Q as well as heat going over electronics. If I thought the Q was really safe I might just mod some parts to get a little more out of it. Therefore, don't be afraid to say keep the q and don't waste more money. :0 (Already did the silicone whip mod, would go the SSV water adapter and no ledge cyclone next)

With that said, I originally planned to switch to a SSV because some of the safety concerns I had with the Q don't appear to be an issue with the SSV. (That and I don't use the bags with the Q anyway) Lately I have been also been leaning towards a log style vape like the Enano. I am also open to any suggestions that you would consider a formidable upgrade to the q as well.

Money is an issue to me as my wife may kill me if I came home with a piece that cost much more than $200-$300.

List of priority use for me;
Safety,
Efficiency and conservation,
Taste and clouds.

Thanks for hearing my story! I'm happy to be a member here as there seems to be some great information.

max

Out to lunch
I have read some concerning information on the web about melting parts inside the Q
Really? It's been on the market for many years and no :o here, so I wouldn't put much stock in that. There are quite a few high tech plastics not affected by vaporizer temps and vape makers know what to use. Personally, I'd be more concerned about all the glass in this model, as far as accidents.
heat going over electronics
That would be cold air, not hot.

The SSV is a great choice. I used one for years. Much easier to get vapor rich hits, vs. the Extreme. The downside (to me) is that it begs you to hit big, and some of those hits can be lung busters. The more affordable DBV provides more predictable hits, with the same electronics and heater, but it also promotes big hits. The e-nano is more versatile- easier to hit 'light' when you just want to sip, but capable of bigger hits as well, especially with the optional gong adapter and water filtration. 10% off is always available and I understand the 3 yr. warranty is extended to lifetime (that would be the lifetime of Epicvape as a company, I imagine) for FC members.
Efficiency and conservation
Different models can and do encourage or discourage efficiency, but it's mostly up to the user. I can load a very small amount in an SSV, and use less than if I'd loaded the bowl normally, but it's not a rewarding experience to use in that manner. It's like driving a car with a hot V8 and trying to drive nice and easy in order to increase gas mileage. You can do it, but it's no fun- just frustrating. With something like the e-nano, it's much easier to detect/appreciate a smaller hit. You can sip instead of chug and decide if you're where you want to be. If not, sip some more. And if you know you want to get slammed ASAP, just use with gong and glass and blast away.

Behaviorist

Max,

Thanks for weighing in so quickly with all the good information. I would love to own both pieces, but it seems like the Nano may suit me better in the meantime. If I want to hook it up to my water pipe that is 18.8 mm do I need to buy a 19 mm adjust a bowl gong specifically from epic?

Thanks!

Behaviorist,

max

Out to lunch
Yeah because it's the connection to both your glass and the vape. Personally, I like the all glass version, as well as the all glass stem - "Has an integrated honeycomb glass screen for those seeking a more pure glass experience. Eliminates the need for a stainless steel basket screen." I don't care about the all glass experience. A stainless steel screen is fine (in fact I add one [3/8"] in order to screen out more particulates, as the honeycomb holes are rather large). What I do like is that the honeycomb screen is set into the glass and doesn't move, so your distance between the heat and your load is always the same. I've never used the stem w/basket screen and prefer not to mess with 'em. Your choice though. The all glass versions cost more but are well worth it for me. I can clean 'em with ISO and be back in business in just a few minutes. Don't forget the FCLOVE code for a discount. There might be a holiday sale too if you can wait. Maybe email the company and ask about that.

StickyShisha2

I love my SSV. It is a little bigger hitting than my Extreme Q, and seems to keep a constant temp a bit better than my Q does. But the 2 overall work about the same, I would stick with the Q for now.

with your Extreme Q, have you tried using it upside down on a water pipe, instead of the hose?

StickyShisha2,

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
Hello FC users,

This is my first post, although I have been following the boards for quite some time. I am currently a user of the Arizer Extreme Q. It has treated me well as the second vaporizer I have owned. The first vaporizer I bought was a pen style prior to any research. Needless to say all that did was combust.

I feel like it is time for me to upgrade to something new. In addition, I have read some concerning information on the web about melting parts inside the Q as well as heat going over electronics. If I thought the Q was really safe I might just mod some parts to get a little more out of it. Therefore, don't be afraid to say keep the q and don't waste more money. :0 (Already did the silicone whip mod, would go the SSV water adapter and no ledge cyclone next)

With that said, I originally planned to switch to a SSV because some of the safety concerns I had with the Q don't appear to be an issue with the SSV. (That and I don't use the bags with the Q anyway) Lately I have been also been leaning towards a log style vape like the Enano. I am also open to any suggestions that you would consider a formidable upgrade to the q as well.

Money is an issue to me as my wife may kill me if I came home with a piece that cost much more than $200-$300.

List of priority use for me;
Safety,
Efficiency and conservation,
Taste and clouds.

Thanks for hearing my story! I'm happy to be a member here as there seems to be some great information.
With the adapter seen in the update below and an SSV Wand added from postings a bit farther into the EQ thread, you will end up with a completely new vaping experience with the EQ, at a pretty small $ cost.
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/the-extreme-q-vaporizer.1457/page-235#post-436972

DDave,

Bvapst

Hi,

I had the Q as well as my first vape (in conjunction with MFLB). With a bit of modding it can give great results in vapor production, it helped me a lot to 'fuck combustion' success. I was also concerned by the safety and moved on to logvape-world (WW, HI). I think you wouldn't risk much using the Q but in the long term and with a lot of uses (?)... you might need to open it, inspect, clean,etc ... At least, with a logvape, SSV or some others : you know and "see" where the air and vapor pass through.

But my advice to you from my experience is more : why not a portable vape ?
After my experience with the Q and the MFLB, I bought a Flashvape which seriously have blown me with the results and effects. The only downside for me was to deal with the battery, the size and the weight as a portable vape.
A year later, the Lotus Vaporizer impressed me even more ! Think about a simple lighter-based vape (no contact between your load and flame) which can give you result as good as a tight load in the Q or some logvape : through water Lotus can really compete with desktop ! So I think a portable could be a nice step-up !?
You can get one under 200$, you wouldn't necessary go down in performance in comparison to the Q and you would gain portability.
Of course, the Lotus for example doesn't have digital temp control but since you know how does look your abv considering the taste and effects, you have a base to work on.

Good luck !

Bvapst,

grokit

well-worn member
X2, the ssv & lotus are both great vapes and would compliment each other well :tup:

grokit,
Reactions: Tweak

biohacker

Go for the Arizer Solo and/or E-Nano! I started with the V-Tower, then Extreme, and then EQ, and would NEVER go back after experiencing the Solo and Nano! Both can be mated to glass with the exact same gong from epicvape! I love the adjustable basket screen myself, and find the honeycomb too restrictive for airflow IME.

biohacker,
Reactions: flotntoke

hoptimum

Really? It's been on the market for many years and no :o here, so I wouldn't put much stock in that. There are quite a few high tech plastics not affected by vaporizer temps and vape makers know what to use. Personally, I'd be more concerned about all the glass in this model, as far as accidents.

That would be cold air, not hot.

The SSV is a great choice. I used one for years. Much easier to get vapor rich hits, vs. the Extreme. The downside (to me) is that it begs you to hit big, and some of those hits can be lung busters. The more affordable DBV provides more predictable hits, with the same electronics and heater, but it also promotes big hits. The e-nano is more versatile- easier to hit 'light' when you just want to sip, but capable of bigger hits as well, especially with the optional gong adapter and water filtration. 10% off is always available and I understand the 3 yr. warranty is extended to lifetime (that would be the lifetime of Epicvape as a company, I imagine) for FC members.
Different models can and do encourage or discourage efficiency, but it's mostly up to the user. I can load a very small amount in an SSV, and use less than if I'd loaded the bowl normally, but it's not a rewarding experience to use in that manner. It's like driving a car with a hot V8 and trying to drive nice and easy in order to increase gas mileage. You can do it, but it's no fun- just frustrating. With something like the e-nano, it's much easier to detect/appreciate a smaller hit. You can sip instead of chug and decide if you're where you want to be. If not, sip some more. And if you know you want to get slammed ASAP, just use with gong and glass and blast away.

I've come to the same conclusion, though with the HI instead of the e-nano. If it's just you mostly hitting it, you can get a few major tasty rips out of very little product with a good log vape. It might cost a bit more in the short term than say a Da Buddha, but it more than makes up for it in efficiency, personality and ease of use. and if you want to take it a bit further, you can get a cheap Chinese bubbler for water filtration.

Radio

stay true to yourselves
Bit too vaked off the Q to comment properly, but I can say.. I hope this thing lasts me as long as the mechanical keyboard i'm typing this on! (a lifetime)

Behaviorist

Thanks to everyone that gave input/suggestions. I'm pretty sure I'll be headed in the log direction. Any major difference besides price/creator and power source when it comes to deciding between the Underdog, Nano, or Heat Island?

Behaviorist,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I like the Underdog with the cartridge core. It's $20 more but eliminates everything that concerned me about internal components.

fwiw, I consider the VAP2 to be similar to logs and have the best taste and price I've experienced. Another one, albeit out of your price range, is the MiniVap, which is very similar to how I would design the perfect log vape.

stickstones,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I was speaking to the Underdog's internals.

(Edited for stupidity)

I'm admittedly out of the loop on the latest log vapes...the last one I bought was a HI when they first came out. I traded for a twig recently and really liked it.

Last edited:
stickstones,

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
I was speaking to the Underdog's internals.

I'm admittedly out of the loop on the latest log vapes...the last one I bought was a HI when they first came out. I traded for a twig recently and really liked it.

There were some concerns with the first Gen nano here on FC about the way the connections were made to the heating element and small power indicator lamp (with wire nuts IIRC). I personally wasn't too concerned about them (formally educated electrician here). But, they were corrected when I sent mine in for a full retrofit - free except shipping one way, btw. All nanos produced for at least a year (1 1/2?) do not have this issue.

By bang for the buck and availability standards, don't think you can beat the nano. Although have only used a UD a couple times, and many here love theirs. Dying to try a HI, but still on that year plus waiting list. If you're interested in it, I'd suggest getting on the list even if you buy something else. I didn't for a year, and regretted it when I decided I wanted to add another log to the lineup.

Do love my nano!! Simple, beautiful and uber-effecient. It is by far the best and most used vape I've ever owned (vaping almost daily for 5+ years). EQ was also my second vape and find the nano vastly superior.

Last edited by a moderator:
flotntoke,
Reactions: biohacker

Behaviorist

I Just ordered the Nano. Special thanks to the member who gave me the coupon.

I forgot to mention that I had previously bought an Ascent that smelled like burning plastic horribly even after many burn ins, iso wipes, and air out days. I'm glad to be moving away from things that are mostly made of plastic. I've been bitten by the scared of plastic hype.

Any tips on Nano use?

Last edited by a moderator:

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
Check out the thread. It's long but worthwhile in spots. Or, go over there and mention you just bought one and are looking for tips. Am sure you'll get a few repsonses.

biohacker

With the nano/epics there were some wiring issues on one design...I don't remember which one and I haven't kept up to see if it has been addressed.

Just so forum members don't get the wrong idea, this is addressed/updated in the very first post in the Nano thread, in red by the mods. Non-issue.

Couldn't agree more with @flotntote regarding the nano. And super congrats to @Behaviorist for pulling the trigger on the Nano! After using over a dozen vapes including all the expensive big bigs, this is still my favourite plug in vape of all time. The Solo being my favourite portable.

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
I'm glad to be moving away from things that are mostly made of plastic. I've been bitten by the scared of plastic hype.

First time I heard about my EQ's internals, it made me sick to my stomach. I switched to vaping for health reasons, so any possibility of something being unhealthy is a big turn off for me.

I moved onto the SSV and still love using it today, it's been getting more use than my nano has lately, :ninja:.

hoptimum

Thanks to everyone that gave input/suggestions. I'm pretty sure I'll be headed in the log direction. Any major difference besides price/creator and power source when it comes to deciding between the Underdog, Nano, or Heat Island?

HI is my favorite vape, especially with a bubbler. I consider the VVPS an essential accessory. Also, theres the waiting list ...

hoptimum,

biohacker

First time I heard about my EQ's internals, it made me sick to my stomach. I switched to vaping for health reasons, so any possibility of something being unhealthy is a big turn off for me.

I moved onto the SSV and still love using it today, it's been getting more use than my nano has lately, :ninja:.

What exact about the EQ's internals makes you sick to your stomach?

biohacker,
Reactions: hoptimum

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
What exact about the EQ's internals makes you sick to your stomach?

This post

And I had some concerns before with the incoming air passing over electronics. From my experience, all electronics fail over time, I'd hate to be using it when it happens. I seen capacitors in the air path and had been dealing with leaking caps at work, I had no idea the difference in the capacitors, just that they may off gas. IDK.

It was my first vape, that initial investment jump was huge for me back then, I payed full price $260. To find out that I may be breathing in something bad had me scared, so I jumped ship.

Tweak,
Reactions: killick
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom