Best Portable Vaporizer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoldenBear

Hey Guys.. I've owned the Pax, Herbalizer, and Da Buddha. I say this as I'm pretty familiar with vaping. I'm now in the market and was wondering what the best portable vape out there is? I hate my Pax as it ate so much leaf and produced very little results. Any suggestions? I was thinking about either the Firefly or Arizer Air. Let me know! Thanks guys.

howie105

MFLB, dirt simple, has an actual lifetime warranty, relatively cheap to get started with and it is an absolute miser with your weed. Downside in my opinion is that you really have to know what you are doing to make the thing do what you want.

howie105,
Reactions: Dionysius

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
I'd rank the VaporGenie higher than the MFLB, and the Hammer even higher since it does convection and conduction. I personally think of the FF and Air as expensive dumb devices like iPhones. Just worth extra money to have it all done easily with less likelihood of me the user having to deal with any complications.

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
There is no "best" - "best" is arbitrary and dependent on your personal preferences. That's like asking someone "What's the best car you can buy"

If you want to see the most "popular" vapes - simply go to the portable vaporizer section of this site and sort the list by most replies

What exactly are you looking for in a 'best' portable vape? Sounds like efficiency is a concern, but what else? Price, efficiency, size, stealth, ease of use, maintenance, performance, flavor, battery life?

GoldenBear

MFLB, dirt simple, has an actual lifetime warranty, relatively cheap to get started with and it is an absolute miser with your weed. Downside in my opinion is that you really have to know what you are doing to make the thing do what you want.

I'd rank the VaporGenie higher than the MFLB, and the Hammer even higher since it does convection and conduction. I personally think of the FF and Air as expensive dumb devices like iPhones. Just worth extra money to have it all done easily with less likelihood of me the user having to deal with any complications.

There is no "best" - "best" is arbitrary and dependent on your personal preferences. That's like asking someone "What's the best car you can buy"

If you want to see the most "popular" vapes - simply go to the portable vaporizer section of this site and sort the list by most replies

What exactly are you looking for in a 'best' portable vape? Sounds like efficiency is a concern, but what else? Price, efficiency, size, stealth, ease of use, maintenance, performance, flavor, battery life?

I don't care about efficiency really. I just want to see some great results. I guess I want the best vape on the market in terms of performance.

GoldenBear,

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
Performance? That's all arbitrary as well. A lot of vaporizers perform very well but the user decides how well most of the time.

I wouldn't rate the Air as top in performance, it goes well but its temperature limited.
We need more factors.

Last edited:

LutherBlissett

The Vape of Things to Come
If you can bite the bullet and shell out the dough, get a Crafty, then buy a portable power pack to make sure the battery never has a chance to catch you out.

I used a Pax before getting a Crafty. The latter is much more efficient with how it uses what you put in it.

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
I don't care about efficiency really. I just want to see some great results. I guess I want the best vape on the market in terms of performance.

Sounds like you want to cloud chase....... If you're willing to throw down $100 for shits and giggles, check out the Lotus Vaporizer.

It's not stealth by any means (for me personally, others may disagree due to it's fast heatup times). You can load a small bit of material and cache it 1-hit-wonder style with a little practice. It's a hard vape to learn how it works, and I personally don't use mine around friends (filthy combusters!). But once you get the hang of the Lotus, it's one of the most powerful cloud producing vaporizers you can own. Vapor so thick you can almost chew it if you want to take your ABV to the edge of combustion (or you can do low temperature flavorful hits - it all depends on how you handle the torch)

Butane vapes aren't for everyone, but it might fill that itch you're trying to scratch

virtualpurple

My vote is for the Haze vaporizer all day long. It has replaceable batteries, great flavor, and a nice small design that is a steal at its price point. Their customer service is the best around.

virtualpurple,
Reactions: mixchu69

vapeppau

go with the crafty...its effects are the best ive had. it will get you so medicated you will kick combustion. just go ask in the crafty thread ;)

vapeppau,

1_gr8_underdog

Trapped in the Astral Planes Back from the dead
I recommend one of each...joking. I haven't had the chance to use the new S&B portables but have read many good things about them from many diffrent sources. The FireFly is my favorite portable that I own. Simple and tastes great. The hammer pro is also a great bang for the buck. Haven't tried the arizer air, but it comes from a reputable company with strong support for its other vaporizer entries so that is also a good choice. It depends on what you really want/need. Digital readout or not, loose leaf only or multiple uses. Read around the threads of the ones you are interested in and get a feel for each ones strengths and weaknesses. Then you should be able to form a more rounded opinion on which will work best for you and your needs. Hope this helps some? Also Welcome to FC @GoldenBear :tup:

Last edited:

LongIslandmom

Hey Guys.. I've owned the Pax, Herbalizer, and Da Buddha. I say this as I'm pretty familiar with vaping. I'm now in the market and was wondering what the best portable vape out there is? I hate my Pax as it ate so much leaf and produced very little results. Any suggestions? I was thinking about either the Firefly or Arizer Air. Let me know! Thanks guys.
I feel that way as well. I really don't like the pax but I am going to try it again. It really should work.

LongIslandmom,

Scott A

There is no best in general but to me nothing gets better for portables than some of the butane powered vapes like the lotus and the hammer. The hit size is just so amazingly large its almost unbelievable to me.

Scott A,
Reactions: steama

LutherBlissett

The Vape of Things to Come
Mighty for sure.
I don't get why anyone would go for the Mighty, when it's basically just a Crafty with a second battery (and no bluetooth).

If you want more battery life, just get a Crafty with a battery pack, that way you retain the option of using your Crafty as a, well, crafty device (palming it when vaping out and about).

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
I don't get why anyone would go for the Mighty, when it's basically just a Crafty with a second battery (and no bluetooth).

If you want more battery life, just get a Crafty with a battery pack, that way you retain the option of using your Crafty as a, well, crafty device (palming it when vaping out and about).

'cause we don't all own smartphones. For me a Crafty would kinda suck (being stuck on two preset temps) where I could actually use the Mighty.

Scott A

I personally dont get why anyone would buy the crafty over the mighty. Its not much of a discount and you are sacrificing a temp display and extra battery for it.

"If you want more battery life just turn your crafty in to an ultra clunky device with an external battery pack"...great idea...or just buy the mighty.

Scott A,

max

Out to lunch
Mighty for sure.
If you don't say why you're suggesting a particular model, your post is just a vote in a thread that's not even a poll. You should say why you think it's a good choice for the OP.

"If you want more battery life just turn your crafty in to an ultra clunky device with an external battery pack"
Who are you quoting? No one in this thread said that except you. Quote marks are used when posting someone else's words.

You guys saying that you don't get why someone would buy vape A, instead of vape B, apparently don't get a bigger point-that there are a lot of good options these days and the 'best' vape is the one that suits a particular individual's vaping style. With the S&B offerings clearly some prefer the Crafty over the Mighty, and others feel the Mighty is well worth the extra money. Others don't want to pay the high price for either, or prefer a different battery operated model, or one powered by butane. All the models suggested are good quality. To each his own.

Scott A

If you don't say why you're suggesting a particular model, your post is just a vote in a thread that's not even a poll. You should say why you think it's a good choice for the OP.

Who are you quoting? No one in this thread said that except you. Quote marks are used when posting someone else's words.

You guys saying that you don't get why someone would buy vape A, instead of vape B, apparently don't get a bigger point-that there are a lot of good options these days and the 'best' vape is the one that suits a particular individual's vaping style. With the S&B offerings clearly some prefer the Crafty over the Mighty, and others feel the Mighty is well worth the extra money. Others don't want to pay the high price for either, or prefer a different battery operated model, or one powered by butane. All the models suggested are good quality. To each his own.
It was a hypothetical statement that sums up the point of his post... quotes on here use [*QUOTE][/QUOTE*].... you should know that.

mod note: Proofread your posts for clarity and quality. Semantics, spelling, punctuation and grammar are important when conveying thoughts and information in a text-based medium.

Scott A,

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
The Solo is my fav with its wonderful vapor flavor, but most folks want stealth when it comes to a portable.

You might want to look into the Arizer Air. it has good vapor flavor on the low temps and doesn't use a lot of herb. Arizer is a well known company also the Air seems very well made, a sturdy unit. This portable uses a glass mouthpiece to deliver the vapor flavor.

It's very handy with user replaceable batteries that cost around $19. The batteries can be charged in the unit or you can purchase a battery charger. It also can be used while plugged in.

This unit can use the Solo stems and GonGs and attaches to water tools easily. When not on sale this vape costs $259.00. I would imagine the Air will come down to under $200 after the newness wears off. Often you can find it for less than the retail price.

There are many portables coming out everyday. Sometimes it comes down to price and personal preference.

The Crafty and Mighty seem like great units but they are pricey. Most of us would feel almost $400 and $500 is a lot of money for a portable unit. It needs to also grind your product to the precise amount for that price.

I would have to get my herb for free to afford that.

EDIT
The Solo isn't stealth but I use it at home and use the Air when I need stealth.

Last edited:

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
Best flavor...Firefly
Easiest to use plus stealth....Inhalater 05
Easiest to use plus best overall value...Solo

If you truly hate your Pax, I guess it all depends on what you hate about it. Weed hog? Any of these three are very conservative. Nasty conduction taste? Go for the FF...or the Solo. Cleaning and maintenance issues got you down? Try the 05 or the Solo.

But of course there's no such thing as an overall "best"...just various devices that map to any number of different variables and tastes. These recs are also based on my personal and admittedly myopic experience...so YMMV and all that.

mitchgo61,
Reactions: hafalump

max

Out to lunch
It was a hypothetical statement that sums up the point of his post... quotes on here use [*QUOTE][/QUOTE*].... you should know that.
Quote marks anywhere, mean you're copying/pasting another person's words, word for word. You should know that. Don't use quote marks on the forum unless you're actually quoting someone else, and unless the quoted material is in the same thread, you need to link a source for the quoted material.

max,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom