Best Portable Vaporizer for Medical Reasons?

Hi guys,

New to FuckCombustion but would really love some help and advice.

I have a friend of a friend who is currently undergoing treatment for cancer (I didn't push as to what type). They are currently looking into purchasing a portable vaporizer to help take marijuana as smoking really isn't an option for obvious reasons. I know a few people who use dry herb vaporizers for recreational purposes but I was wondering is there any brand or type of vaporizer best suited for medical purposes?

I would really appreciate any help guys, any suggestions would be welcomed.

Peter.

WestHamTillIDie94,

Doktor Dub

i guess it really depends on the personal needs of your friend.

That said, i know the Volcano, Mighty and Minivap have a medical certification. Volcano is not portable but it s easiest to reproduce the same result / session over and over because the variable of drawspeed is taken out of the game...

Baron23

Why portable....for a very ill person with no rec background, I would recommend a Volcano hands down.

Mighty is portable and I can recommend that without hesitation but I believe that your friend will find the vapor out of portables to be harsher than something like a Volcano.

WoodVillain

Backwoods Rated
I've owned both the volcano and the arizer extreme q. I'd recommend the extreme q if you're wanting that type of vape.... cheaper, use with bags or whip, still comes with a controller, Great taste and mine never had an issue.

But I've sold all plug in and most portables because for me the omnivap Ti does everything i personally need. But im not sure I'd recommend that as a first vape unless they have someone to show them how to use it.

Any Arizer product in this case would likely work out well. I'd avoid anything with too much learning curve, anything too easy to combust in, anything with too many moving parts.... and it's possible to burn yourself with nearly any vape... but some make it easier than others... so take that into account as well.

Used2use

Sometimes to stupid to become a fool
Definitive a Mighty - with the dosing capsules a clean and simple solution that is actually intended for those purposes...

Used2use,
Reactions: arb
Why portable....for a very ill person with no rec background, I would recommend a Volcano hands down.

Mighty is portable and I can recommend that without hesitation but I believe that your friend will find the vapor out of portables to be harsher than something like a Volcano.

Really appreciate your comment in regards to "why portable", I don't think desktop vaporizers is something they've ever really considered. Although the price for a Volcano looks to be substantially more, if its a case of in the long term being more beneficial and easier to use its surely worth it. I've also read it has a medical certification? Is this quite difficult to receive? Thanks again for your comment, very much appreciate it.

WestHamTillIDie94,
i guess it really depends on the personal needs of your friend.

That said, i know the Volcano, Mighty and Minivap have a medical certification. Volcano is not portable but it s easiest to reproduce the same result / session over and over because the variable of drawspeed is taken out of the game...

I'm noticing a trend of a lot of recommendations towards vaporizers made by Storz and Bickel! They seem to have a great reputation...After reading another persons response I think a desktop vaporizer might be best suited like you also suggest. I've also read online that the volcano can be filled and used later, which would be of great help as it could all be pre-prepared for them with no stress. Thanks so much for the help!

Definitive a Mighty - with the dosing capsules a clean and simple solution that is actually intended for those purposes...

Thanks so much for going to the effort to write a recommendation, starting to lean to a desktop now after reading the comments, but certainly if they prefer to choose a portable vaporizer then I will recommend the Mighty, it looks as if Storz and Bickel are the go to in relation to medical certification, am I right or are there any other brands renowned for that too?

WestHamTillIDie94,
I've owned both the volcano and the arizer extreme q. I'd recommend the extreme q if you're wanting that type of vape.... cheaper, use with bags or whip, still comes with a controller, Great taste and mine never had an issue.

But I've sold all plug in and most portables because for me the omnivap Ti does everything i personally need. But im not sure I'd recommend that as a first vape unless they have someone to show them how to use it.

Any Arizer product in this case would likely work out well. I'd avoid anything with too much learning curve, anything too easy to combust in, anything with too many moving parts.... and it's possible to burn yourself with nearly any vape... but some make it easier than others... so take that into account as well.

Really appreciate the effort of the response, judging by a lot of the responses a desktop vaporizer seems to be the go to vaporizer for the siutation... Good to know theres other brands worth considering as oppose to soley Storz & Bickel. Does the Arizer Extreme Q have a medical certification and does it really matter (apologies if thats a silly question). The price difference between the Extreme Q and Volcano is quite big also, is it a case of getting what you pay for? and can the Extreme Q be filled and left to use later also? Thanks so much!

WestHamTillIDie94,

sickmanfraud

The price difference between the Extreme Q and Volcano is quite big also, is it a case of getting what you pay for? and can the Extreme Q be filled and left to use later also? Thanks so much!

When I first got certified I rented a Volcano until I could buy a vape. One of the vapes I got first was an Arizer solo and an Arizer Extreme Q.

The Volcano was better for bags, but It was limited to bags. The extreme Q allows for the use of bags and a whip. I use the whip with my extreme Q most of the times I use it.

IMO, the Volcano is not worth three times what an Extreme Q costs.

When you are ready to buy check out puffitup.com they will give the best price/service.

Baron23

Really appreciate the effort of the response, judging by a lot of the responses a desktop vaporizer seems to be the go to vaporizer for the siutation... Good to know theres other brands worth considering as oppose to soley Storz & Bickel. Does the Arizer Extreme Q have a medical certification and does it really matter (apologies if thats a silly question). The price difference between the Extreme Q and Volcano is quite big also, is it a case of getting what you pay for? and can the Extreme Q be filled and left to use later also? Thanks so much!
We all are many and varied and so are our opinions.

IMO, the Volcano is worth every penny in terms of build quality and performance.

S&B are, I believe, the only manf w EU med appliance cert. The Medic version are, I believe, exactly identical to reg ones, just has the cert which is materials related and may allow it to be claimed under insurance in some countries.

For a very ill person, a Volcano bag vape is perfect. Stupid easy to use, dosing capsules can be preloaded, the fan ensures consistent air flow and hence repeatable extraction, has no draw resistance so easy to inhale.

A Volcano is not the most efficient vape but you are talking to a bunch of wild enthusiasts who pursue such things quite far.

Sick person, no rec background, a Volcano is perfect IMO.

Last edited:
Baron23,

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
When it comes to medicinal use we prefer a plug in when we're home BUT we're not always home.

A good portable will work when your home AND when your not. So if you can only have access to one device you might want to consider something portable that is easy to use, delivers good vapor, has good battery life and is easy on the maintenance.

I've been recommending the original Solo for newbies and they are very inexpensive now. If you pick up some cheap glass, like a D020-D, for around the house it would make a nice starting point for in and out of the house. If you find that you still want a plug in you'll have a backup and you'll be covered when your not home plus it's a solid low cost option.

arb

Semi shaved ape
Volcano hands down especially if pain or limited mobility are factors.
The unit will retain value far better than most if you want to sell in the future.
There is no actual comparison between the eq and volcano quality wise or function wise especially if you are hurting.

Top Bottom