Best portable vaporizer for asthma

AlanKeni

To the contrary, I find the vapcap to be the worst vape during an asthma episode. I never mastered mouth to lung, I gather that's using cheek muscles to pull and fill the mouth with vapor before engaging the lungs. Not a former smoker. I engage my lungs to inhale from the dynavap, and it's a bitch sometimes.

The mighty is great for slow, long pulls with modest airflow restriction. By design the vapcap is a relatively fast pull, and very restrictive.

Favorite during asthma episode is the @RastaBuddhaTao Milaana OG with about the most open airflow there is.

4 hole splinter about the same.

Probably a volcano would be top of the mountain. Lol, a full bag is pretty portable.
You vape during an asthma attack??

Squiby

I find the vapcap to be the worst vape during an asthma episode. I never mastered mouth to lung, I gather that's using cheek muscles to pull and fill the mouth with vapor before engaging the lungs. Not a former smoker. I engage my lungs to inhale from the dynavap, and it's a bitch sometimes.
Direct to lung toking is the absolute worst on my lungs. I can't do it. It's too harsh. Even in my joint smoking days, a puff from a joint was much less irritating than direct to lung sucking the vapor in.

Mouthpulling is the key to guard against coughing, irritated lungs and throat and asthma attacks. It's worth trying to master.

To do this you need some air restriction. I block the air path or use a stem without a carb. Pull the vapor into your mouth. Imagine you are drawing liquid through a straw into your mouth, it's the same action. Then open your mouth and inhale fresh clean air along with the vapor. I hope you try this. It was a game changer for me when @natural farmer brought this technique to the forum. I am eternally grateful for his advice and instruction.

analytika

Direct to lung toking is the absolute worst on my lungs. I can't do it. It's too harsh. Even in my joint smoking days, a puff from a joint was much less irritating than direct to lung sucking the vapor in.

Mouthpulling is the key to guard against coughing, irritated lungs and throat and asthma attacks. It's worth trying to master.

To do this you need some air restriction. I block the air path or use a stem without a carb. Pull the vapor into your mouth. Imagine you are drawing liquid through a straw into your mouth, it's the same action. Then open your mouth and inhale fresh clean air along with the vapor. I hope you try this. It was a game changer for me when @natural farmer brought this technique to the forum. I am eternally grateful for his advice and instruction.
Not sure what you said that made the difference but it did! I just did a MTL successfully and it was indeed easy!

Key was closing the carb 100%

With just a few words you can help someone.

Thanks so much.

Last edited:

Vaporware

I thought I’d posted this earlier, but I guess I never hit submit!

To the contrary, I find the vapcap to be the worst vape during an asthma episode. I never mastered mouth to lung, I gather that's using cheek muscles to pull and fill the mouth with vapor before engaging the lungs. Not a former smoker. I engage my lungs to inhale from the dynavap, and it's a bitch sometimes.

The mighty is great for slow, long pulls with modest airflow restriction. By design the vapcap is a relatively fast pull, and very restrictive.

Favorite during asthma episode is the @RastaBuddhaTao Milaana OG with about the most open airflow there is.

4 hole splinter about the same.

Probably a volcano would be top of the mountain. Lol, a full bag is pretty portable.

I’ve heard the Volcano can be a bit harsh...it probably depends on how high you set the temp and how long it sits in the bag though, among other things.

Since you like wide-open airflow, the FlowerPot is very open and I think it’s another great option in that respect, so if you’re looking for the best desktop I’d take another look at it.

Does microdosing increases the heart rate? That is what triggers my panic attacks.. It's funny but when my heart rate is fast i'm afraid of a heart attack and get anxious af

I’ve got that from micro-dosing...I actually seem to have less of it with moderately sized hits off of a larger load, but I think what helps the most is CBD. I’d continue to use what you have now along with the Indica and that should go a long way toward dealing with those issues. :)

Other than that slow, deep breaths may help, and if you don’t have a real reason to worry about heart problems, just telling yourself it’s not real and you’ll be fine as soon as you stop freaking yourself out may help too.

I wish I had better advice, but I haven’t quite beat this yet myself so I clearly don’t have all the answers. ;)

Squiby

Not sure what you said that made the difference but it did! I just did a MTL successfully and it was indeed easy!

Key was closing the carb 100%

With just a few words you can help someone.

Thanks so much.
My pleasure! I'm happy to hear that the mouthpull is working for you. Also small short little mouthpulls can be your best friend when your lungs are especially twitchy.

shredder

Does microdosing increases the heart rate? That is what triggers my panic attacks.. It's funny but when my heart rate is fast i'm afraid of a heart attack and get anxious af

A lot of that is strain dependent. Some strains are better than others for panic attacks. And more specifically the terpenes of those strains. If you find a strain you really like, keep in mind the terpene profile when you look at other varieties. Blue dream and Colombian gold have worked on anxiety on people I know.

And some of it is simply experience. Heavier users experience less panic. And sometimes it's situational, like when you see red lights in the rear view mirror, lol. But in a more relaxed setting it's all good.

For strains when my asthma is bad, I'd much rather have sativas with a fruity or citrus taste. The earthy peppery strains i avoid. And I vape at lower temps than most. And when my asthma is real bad I just take medibles. Much better than coughing/wheezing.

AlanKeni

I thought I’d posted this earlier, but I guess I never hit submit!

I’ve heard the Volcano can be a bit harsh...it probably depends on how high you set the temp and how long it sits in the bag though, among other things.

Since you like wide-open airflow, the FlowerPot is very open and I think it’s another great option in that respect, so if you’re looking for the best desktop I’d take another look at it.

I’ve got that from micro-dosing...I actually seem to have less of it with moderately sized hits off of a larger load, but I think what helps the most is CBD. I’d continue to use what you have now along with the Indica and that should go a long way toward dealing with those issues. :)

Other than that slow, deep breaths may help, and if you don’t have a real reason to worry about heart problems, just telling yourself it’s not real and you’ll be fine as soon as you stop freaking yourself out may help too.

I wish I had better advice, but I haven’t quite beat this yet myself so I clearly don’t have all the answers. ;)
I don't have any serious heart condition, just a couple of things that are not a desease but a non pathologic conditions. My doctor told me that thc can give me palpitations, so i have to avoid high thc strains..
A lot of that is strain dependent. Some strains are better than others for panic attacks. And more specifically the terpenes of those strains. If you find a strain you really like, keep in mind the terpene profile when you look at other varieties. Blue dream and Colombian gold have worked on anxiety on people I know.

And some of it is simply experience. Heavier users experience less panic. And sometimes it's situational, like when you see red lights in the rear view mirror, lol. But in a more relaxed setting it's all good.

For strains when my asthma is bad, I'd much rather have sativas with a fruity or citrus taste. The earthy peppery strains i avoid. And I vape at lower temps than most. And when my asthma is real bad I just take medibles. Much better than coughing/wheezing.
I don't care about the anxiety, i just can't manage increased heart rate.. Wanna try microdosing, maybe with a strain like Ac/Dc

AlanKeni,
Reactions: Vaporware

Madri-Gal

Child Of The Revolution

Excellent point @shredder. I hadn't thought about it, but fruity or citrus sativas do seem easier on my asthma. Over all, my asthma has improved since I started vaping, and has improved dramatically in the past six months. I'm fortunate to have a healthy heart, and THC doesn't bother me a bit, in fact...

AlanKeni

Excellent point @shredder. I hadn't thought about it, but fruity or citrus sativas do seem easier on my asthma. Over all, my asthma has improved since I started vaping, and has improved dramatically in the past six months. I'm fortunate to have a healthy heart, and THC doesn't bother me a bit, in fact...
My heart is healthy too, if you ask a cardiologist about my heart condition he will tell you that my heart is healthy. My heart has adapted to sports, it is a muscle, when you do sports it adapts to let you train :)

Also, the cannabis doctor told me that Thc can cause heart problems or heart attacks even to the healthiest heart. It's like caffeine, if you overdo you'll end up with some heart disease

Last edited by a moderator:

Dynavaper

Karma Farmer
@AlanKeni: Please don't get me wrong, I am not making fun of what you say. We are a very friendly community here. I just wanted to express that heart diseases are probably not something you automatically get from Cannabis consumption. But - If there is already a present heart issue, then it might indeed be possible that Cannabis consumption is a factor as it has influence on blood pressure.

Mabye @WoodVillain can chime in. If I remember right, then he had to change his way of Cannabis consumption due to heart issues.
:tup:

Last edited:

AlanKeni

@AlanKeni: Please don't get me wrong, I am not making fun of what you say. We are a very friendly community here. I just wanted to express that heart diseases are probably not something you automatically get from Cannabis consumption. But - If there is already a present heart issue, then it might indeed be possible that Cannabis consumption is a factor as it has influence on blood pressure.

Mabye @WoodVillain can chime in. If I remember right, then he had to change his way of Cannabis consumption due to heart issues.
:tup:
No worries bro :) we are just discussing friendly :) I have an incomplete righ bundle branch block and a slight mitralic prolapse, these 2 things i have them from the born and cardiologists told me that i can workout and do whatever i want cuz my heart is healthy, these are just heart adaptation due to my story with sports, i workout from 7 years old. I have smoked a lot of weed for 5 years, in the last month i've abused of the cannabis and i started to have panick attacks and my heart was beating very fast. Then i tried to smoke again over the last 6 months and nothing, can't really smoke thc anymore. Doctor says that thc is not good for the heart of everybody healthy or not cuz it lowers the blood pressure and raises the heart rate and that's not healthy at all. I told him that i want to do microdosing, it's like drinking a little of coffee instead of 4 cups a day, that's not gonna give you palpitations..

This is my story with cannabis, just wanted to share it with you :)

AlanKeni,
Reactions: shredder

Madri-Gal

Child Of The Revolution
Also, the cannabis doctor told me that Thc can cause heart problems or heart attacks even to the healthiest heart. It's like caffeine, if you overdo you'll end up with some heart disease
If a doctor I trusted told me this, I don't think I'd be risking my healthy heart by using cannabis. I'd want to see some studies that show that cannabis caused heart disease. Or caffeine, for that matter. Did your doc say there was any good reason for you to vape cannabis at all? Or is it just something you are willing to do despite what you believe to be impending heart disease, agrevation of asthma, and severe anxiety? Does the CBD help that much to make it worth all that? Have you considered sticking to edibles, tincture and elixer? It sounds like a rough situation, and I wish you nothing but good health, comfort and a long and healthy life.

Madri-Gal,

Vaporware

I don't have any serious heart condition, just a couple of things that are not a desease but a non pathologic conditions. My doctor told me that thc can give me palpitations, so i have to avoid high thc strains..

I don't care about the anxiety, i just can't manage increased heart rate.. Wanna try microdosing, maybe with a strain like Ac/Dc

For me, the increased heart rate seems to come with anxiety. It may happen a little either way, but if I get a lot of anxiety I feel my heart rate go up. If I’m calm, I don’t notice anything like that except for maybe a little lower blood pressure.

Maybe there’s more happening there that I don’t notice, but at least for me I think it’s tied to anxiety.

AlanKeni

If a doctor I trusted told me this, I don't think I'd be risking my healthy heart by using cannabis. I'd want to see some studies that show that cannabis caused heart disease. Or caffeine, for that matter. Did your doc say there was any good reason for you to vape cannabis at all? Or is it just something you are willing to do despite what you believe to be impending heart disease, agrevation of asthma, and severe anxiety? Does the CBD help that much to make it worth all that? Have you considered sticking to edibles, tincture and elixer? It sounds like a rough situation, and I wish you nothing but good health, comfort and a long and healthy life.
It seems like you are taking my heart condition too seriously. I said CARDIOLOGISTS told me that my condition is like i have nothing, my heart is HEALTHY. He doesn't tell me that i have to avoid cannabis or vaping at all. Like i said i vape <1 Thc strains, and yes cbd help me a lot. My asthma is not serious, and vaping doesn't affect my asthma.

So what am i risking?

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I have smoked a lot of weed for 5 years, in the last month i've abused of the cannabis and i started to have panick attacks and my heart was beating very fast. Then i tried to smoke again over the last 6 months and nothing, can't really smoke thc anymore. Doctor says that thc is not good for the heart of everybody healthy or not cuz it lowers the blood pressure and raises the heart rate and that's not healthy at all. I told him that i want to do microdosing, it's like drinking a little of coffee instead of 4 cups a day, that's not gonna give you palpitations..

This is my story with cannabis, just wanted to share it with you :)

You're likely having panic attacks because you have an unhealthy relationship with the plant. I could almost bet it's 100% mental, the way you mention the word abuse means you know your usage is excessive. Seen this happen in many longer term cannabis users, even myself. There was a period where I felt like I was going to have a heart attack every time I vaped. After talking to OG's even more experienced than me, the general consensus was that this is basically the bodies way of telling you to take a little break. Possibly suppressing underlying issues besides asthma?

If you look this symptom up it's pretty common and well documented across the internet where experienced stoners all of a sudden just cannot handle weed anymore. IMO it's either the ECS struggling to respond to saturation from exogenous cannabinoid sources, or subliminal guilt coming from the brain.

AlanKeni

You're likely having panic attacks because you have an unhealthy relationship with the plant. I could almost bet it's 100% mental, the way you mention the word abuse means you know your usage is excessive. Seen this happen in many longer term cannabis users, even myself. There was a period where I felt like I was going to have a heart attack every time I vaped. After talking to OG's even more experienced than me, the general consensus was that this is basically the bodies way of telling you to take a little break. Possibly suppressing underlying issues besides asthma?

If you look this symptom up it's pretty common and well documented across the internet where experienced stoners all of a sudden just cannot handle weed anymore. IMO it's either the ECS struggling to respond to saturation from exogenous cannabinoid sources, or subliminal guilt coming from the brain.
Yes i know this. I'm moroccan and i know a lot of OG smokers who told me to take a break cuz i was smoking a lot of weed. But if i vape some strain with Thc and get increased heart rate i will definitely have a panick attacks, i will think about my heart condition, even if the doctor says that it's not serious i will be tripping. That's why i vape only <1% Thc strains, they give me a good relaxiation mood. Sometimes i vape 2 grams to get a little stoned and it works, cuz you're adding more thc and cbd mg in your brain and blood system. But the doctors says that i will be good with a 5% Thc and 9-12% Cbd strain, i'm trying to get medical cannabis to cure my anxiety but in italy is very difficult, i have to pay 120€ for getting checked by the cannabis doctor, then i have to pay 60€ for the recipe and the 9€/1 gram..

analytika

You don't have to shout. I know what a Cardiologist is.
You say I'm taking your "heart condition" too seriously, then you tell @invertedisdead that you "think about my heart condition, even if the doctor says that it's not serious i will be tripping". That's you taking it "too seriously", if anything. You also yell that your heart is "HEALTHY" , but you are bringing in heart issues , cardiologists and THC and caffeine causing heart disease, etc. You also say your asthma is "not serious", and vaping doesn't affect it.
So I am confused. I'm also done. I am not into getting yelled at. I'm pleased you enjoy such good health. I wish we all did. Good luck with everything.
I see lips moving and tongues flapping, I'm not sure what either of you is trying to say.

But I suspect there's a better place to talk cardiology and cannabis than a thread about asthma.

AlanKeni

You don't have to shout. I know what a Cardiologist is.
You say I'm taking your "heart condition" too seriously, then you tell @invertedisdead that you "think about my heart condition, even if the doctor says that it's not serious i will be tripping". That's you taking it "too seriously", if anything. You also yell that your heart is "HEALTHY" , but you are bringing in heart issues , cardiologists and THC and caffeine causing heart disease, etc. You also say your asthma is "not serious", and vaping doesn't affect it.
So I am confused. I'm also done. I am not into getting yelled at. I'm pleased you enjoy such good health. I wish we all did. Good luck with everything.
Anxiety makes you take seriously everything, it's not me but anxiety. How can't you get that my heart has 2 things that aren't pathological but my anxiety worsen everything that i feel? Even people without any condition think that they gonna die when they have anxiety.

My asthma isn't serious, my spirometry is 9 points above the average. There are many different types of asthma. Mine is allergy induced.

I'm a moroccan guy who speaks italian and now learning English, sometimes i write something wrong. I'm not perfect in English.

Madri-Gal

Child Of The Revolution
Anxiety makes you take seriously everything, it's not me but anxiety. How can't you get that my heart has 2 things that aren't pathological but my anxiety worsen everything that i feel? Even people without any condition think that they gonna die when they have anxiety.

My asthma isn't serious, my spirometry is 9 points above the average. There are many different types of asthma. Mine is allergy induced.

I'm a moroccan guy who speaks italian and now learning English, sometimes i write something wrong. I'm not perfect in English.
You have wonderful English.
I'm not expressing myself well, and English is not my native tongue. I want you to be able to
vape, and not feel anxiety. I want you to find many, many vapes that work for you. I'm interested myself, as I have severe asthma, which is worsened by exercise, allergies, heat and cold. Pretty much everything. My asthma had improved since I started vaping, so no complaints there.
I thought I edited down my comment, as it read different than intended. Sorry this didn't work.
I'm glad you are on the forum, and admire that you are willing to communicate in what, your third language? Admirable . That is, you are admirable for doing so.
I wish I had advice on a portable vape, but I am looking myself. I'm wanting the VapCap, but, as with most good vapes, it seems to trigger VAS, and I just bought an electric car so I am watching my pennies and am not ready to start down that road. I also avoid leaving the house, so it isn't urgent.

Madri-Gal,
Reactions: AlanKeni
Top Bottom