Best Portable for me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

novegas13

Hi everyone,

I've been poking around on FC for years now, and decided it was time to create an account, say hello, and ask for some help from all you fine 'anti-combustionists'. :)

I appreciate everything that people have posted, as it has provided much insight and information. :clap:

I am a long time water pipe combuster, and want to go vapor altogether. I decided I would pre-order VXC Evo, and am trying to decide what portable would be the best option for me.
I have the MFLB, but it doesn't quite do it for someone with my tolerance.

I am looking for a portable that is primarily for flowers, that will provide the strongest and quickest effect, but is also stealthy. I will be using it on-the-go. Perhaps while taking a walk, or at an event, or even a lunch break. (I'm thinking I will keep it in a smell-proof, probably pre-loaded).
My throat is pretty sensitive, so if you know of one that is easy and smooth, that would be fantastic.

I haven't tried any other portables, so any input you have is greatly appreciated. Especially everything you dislike about them! (I like reading the bad reviews, because it gives me a good idea of whether or not those issues are things I can live with).

After much reading, I am thinking that the Pax might be the best option for me. It seems hold the most material, produce good vapor, be good for portability, and I like the potential conservation of material because of sleep mode. I have read that it takes a lot of cleaning/maintenance, and that there is a lot of resistance when inhaling. Is this accurate? Are there any other pros/cons you can share?

For a while, I thought the AR would be a good choice...with its stealthiness, long battery life, and quick-heat up time...but am leary about the combustion issues and small herb chamber size.

Ideally, I would prefer a convection vape..but my main priorities are getting the most medicated in the quickest time, and portability.

Do you have any info about any of the vapes mentioned in this post...or any other vape you think might be a good fit?
I am open to any suggestion, in any price range.

Here are some questions I have been trying to research about portables designed for flowers...feel free to answer...or ignore me because this is such a long post lol (my apologies)
What portable do you think provides the strongest effect?
What portable is the most stealthy (smell/look/noise/size)?
...The most conserving of you herb?
...Longest battery-life?

I looked at the DaVinci, but it seems that it also has a small chamber size, and may have an overheating problem? The TV seems to be popular, but was also described as a one-hitter, which is probably not sufficient for me. I'm going to have to do some research on the Pinnacle Pro & the Persei. I've strayed away from butane...but I'm open to anything you 'knowledgeables' recommend.

Please tell me if any of this is wrong, as I am only going by what I have been reading in forums and reviews.
:rofl:

Thank you all for taking the time to help me out!!! And to help keep all of us informed!

mod note:
Vaporization Discussion
Vapor related but not model specific - thread moved to Ask FC.

Last edited:
novegas13,

max

Out to lunch
I looked at the DaVinci, but it seems that it also has a small chamber size, and may have an overheating problem?
It holds enough to get me wrecked, and no, it doesn't have an overheating problem. As with most vape models, it's always best to find the low and high ends of the vaping range by starting low and moving the temp up, since your particular draw speed is a factor in the vaping temp.

Large bowls and pocket vapes don't usually go well together, since everything else in the vape has to be proportional, size wise. Vaping a large load also gets nasty, taste wise, since the longer it takes to finish it, the more ABV you're hitting.

These questions are all mostly subjective. The strongest effect is usually perceived as the biggest hit, and that's true to an extent. It's about how much vapor gets delivered the quickest. There are no big secrets for providing 'better vapor'. A number of models are equally stealthy IMO. Anything you suck on that's visible to others is likely to draw attention. I use a DV in public quite a bit and never give it a thought, but I also don't use it in any situations where anyone gets to stare at me for any length of time. Odor is much more about exhaled vapor and keeping the unit clean than how well it keeps the vapor contained. Offhand I can't think of a stealthy portable without an enclosed bowl. Conservation is also mostly up to the user.

novegas13

Hi Max,
Thank you for your quick response. I will have to read some more about the DaVinci...
I don't really need a ginormous bowl... just enough so I can keep it packed and it will hopefully last me a day, without having to bring along anything extra.

I agree that all of those questions are subjective. I was just wondering what everyone's personal opinion was.

You gave me lots of goo information. Thanks, Max. I appreciate it! :)

max

Out to lunch
I don't really need a ginormous bowl... just enough so I can keep it packed and it will hopefully last me a day
One bowl lasting all day would require a fairly low tolerance and even then you'd be pushing it unless you just wanted to get a little lifted from time to time. How much and how long is a really subjective thing.

I think you may be asking too much in wanting a high capacity pocket vape. Most are easy to dump and reload. I use this to load small, hard to access bowls, and the unloading/reloading process only takes a minute. You should decide what your priorities are and narrow your list by what's most important to you. Putting large capacity at or near the top when shopping for a portable may exclude some very good models. You do need to consider design limitations and work within those boundaries.

If you do find you're interested in the DV you should definitely check eBay for the Gratefulbuys auction. $115 from an authorized and FC approved reseller is hard to beat. If you decide you don't like it you'll probably be able to get your money back out of it and move on to another brand.

The Pinnacle Pro is a newer model getting good reviews. Haven't tried it myself though. The Pax does seem to have cleaning issues, and doesn't really interest me, but that doesn't mean you wouldn't like it. I would check youtube for the models you're interested in. Seeing a vape in action is often helpful and you can find some good tips.

VaporsVaporizer

On the Stoop
I have both the Pax and original DaVinci. I never use the DaVinci, i just don't really like it. That's not to say it's a bad vape, it's not. It's just my personal preference. The stem annoys me and i tried to use it again recently and couldn't unscrew it and it broke lol. The Pax is stealth. It gives good hits but it does smell a bit. You do have to clean it regularly , but it is easy to conceal outside. I live in a NYC and walk around using it all the time without a problem. The battery life is great, has a good size bowl and is easy to load and unload. Just my :2c:

VaporsVaporizer,

max

Out to lunch
couldn't unscrew it and it broke lol
Leaving the mouthpiece on for a long time when it's not clean (screwed on tight) is very likely to make it hard to unscrew, but most accidents happen when people don't grab it by the base. You'll certainly break the tubing if you grab it there when it's glued on by residue. Mine's been tight from time to time, but I can always get it off.

Great example of good models being perfect for one person and not another. And it's quite possible that I'd like the Pax (or another model I'm not interested in) more than I think I would, but I'm happy with what I've got. Hopefully some day we'll all be able to test drive vapes at a local store instead of trying to find the right vape by reading others' opinions.

novegas13

Max - Good point. Being a heavy user, it should be expected that a single bowl wouldn't last a whole day, regardless of the vape I choose... So I'm thinking what I really should be looking for is a portable that will get me the most medicated, in the shortest time.
Thank you for talking this out with me... It's giving me a clearer picture of what it is I'm truly looking for, and giving me a good idea of what I can expect to find. :cheers:

Vaporsvaporizer - thank you for your 2 cents. I'm sorry to hear your stem broke!! And good to know your a pax fan. Is the cleaning regimen a deterrent for you...or is it still worth it, for your needs?

novegas13,

VaporsVaporizer

On the Stoop
Vaporsvaporizer - thank you for your 2 cents. I'm sorry to hear your stem broke!! And good to know your a pax fan. Is the cleaning regimen a deterrent for you...or is it still worth it, for your needs?
No, it's not a deterrent , my new Solo is :lol:. I don't mind cleaning the Pax, it's not that big a deal, but you have to clean it or the mouthpiece will stick. The Pax is very easy to use and conceal outside.
I could have bought a new mouthpiece for the DaVinci, but after i got the Pax i just didn't bother, so it's another vape just gathering dust ;)

VaporsVaporizer,
I have had the pax for about 4 months and received my Pn pro on Friday. I love both vapes as they both tend to get me medicated, but the Pn pro just seems to get me higher with less material, and it taste better. The pax does require a lot of cleaning which I am now used to with that being my first vape, but it is very stealth (look wise) and cool to use. It also has a restriction in the draw which a couple of my combustion buddies can't get over. The Pn pro has left my pax sitting on my night stand since I got it. It could be partially because of the "new vape" excitement but I think I'm in love. There is no restriction in the draw, the vapor taste a lot better than my pax, my combusting buddies who didn't care for the pax love this little thing, and there are more options as far as oils and wax, and temperatures that can be controlled on the Pn pro, not to mention the wt (which I haven't tried yet) that you can purchase specifically for the Pn pro (even though it could be modified to fit the pax). The Pn pro is not as stealth (look wise) as the pax, but smells less. The pax can hold alot more herb but you may not need as much to get you as medicated as you would the pn pro. This is just my opinion with These two vapes, I hope it helps

MoneyVapeTheWorldGoRound,

natural farmer

I am looking for a portable that is primarily for flowers, that will provide the strongest and quickest effect, but is also stealthy. I will be using it on-the-go. Perhaps while taking a walk, or at an event, or even a lunch break. (I'm thinking I will keep it in a smell-proof, probably pre-loaded).
My throat is pretty sensitive, so if you know of one that is easy and smooth, that would be fantastic.

Ideally, I would prefer a convection vape..but my main priorities are getting the most medicated in the quickest time, and portability.

Do you have any info about any of the vapes mentioned in this post...or any other vape you think might be a good fit?
I am open to any suggestion, in any price range.

Here are some questions I have been trying to research about portables designed for flowers...feel free to answer...or ignore me because this is such a long post lol (my apologies)
...Longest battery-life?

HI @novegas13! Taking all that you mentioned above under consideration and not forgetting where u r coming from I would suggest the Lotus to be your next purchase!

It has given me the strongest and fastest effects of any vape I have tried. It is full convection, it gives vapor in under 3 secs and the clouds can be small and super tasty or big and lung busting or anything between.

I have a super sensitive throat as well and also super sensitive teeth. The Lotus is the only vape that treated them so nice. The long pipe model... One of the less smelly vapes I ever had as well. Super efficient when you get to know it a bit better cause of the way you can control each and every hit. Use it as a one hitter or as a movie long sipper if your weed is good enough to stand the temps... Your sessions will also remind u of your pipe days and you will fell sooo good holding it. I really can't stand hitting my Solo anymore. I feel like I am sucking a battery...

Not so stealthy yes at first look but what is stealthier than a 15 sec walk in a toilet for a couple of lung busting and super fast hits??? I always got second looks with even my stealthiest vapes when among people. The herbs smell enough if someone around recognize the odor... :)

natural farmer,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom