Best Portable For $250

Status
Not open for further replies.

DopeFight

Thanks Again For The Feedback And Opinions!!!

The chamber size on the Pax is about my only draw back...but I'm a pretty heavy user so In one way the big chamber kinda appeals to me! I wish Pax would come up with some type of spacer like Indica has to be able to pack a smaller load and still get great results! I heard today that there will be an updated digital Solo model coming out first of the year, was told I may as well hold off till then and just get the updated and improved Solo.

DopeFight,

scottg402

Regarding the Pax spacer......there is no oem solution however there are plenty of options shared by the users right here on FC.

I agree with you though. It would be nice for Pax to come up with something and include it in their package.

scottg402,

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
I heard today that there will be an updated digital Solo model coming out first of the year, was told I may as well hold off till then and just get the updated and improved Solo.

Word of caution - if there's anything I've learned from this site - it's that every new revision or model vaporizer goes through "growing pains" - you might wait for the new Solo only to find it's full of bugs and total shit.

I prefer the 'wait and see' approach to hear feedback from other users before taking the leap - you're better off buying a new vape which has been on the market for a year+ with good feedback than waiting for an unseen untested vaporizer

Delta3DStudios,
Reactions: MinnBobber

DopeFight

That is a really great point about new and updated projects, they usually have more bells and whistles but come with a few bugs until they are all worked out!

I know it's down to either the Solo or the Pax...and they are battling it out for top place!! LoL I think my main dilemma here is.... when I order my new model I will also be ordering a Pax for a friend of mine. He's giving the cash to put it on my plastic. He is for dead damn certian that he wants a Pax and nothing else. This will be his vape, I think he mainly liked it because it had a high rating by a lot of people!! There are so many things about each model that I really like, the only thing I don't like about each is the solo is not that portalbe as far as you couldn't stick in your pocket with ease if needed to or just to carry and the only downfall to the Pax is chamber size (But I hear there are a few tricks to help solve that.)

DopeFight,

herbivore21

Pax uses conduction heat, not as tasty, smellier when in use, can probably cook your load in the chamber a lot more if you leave it on whilst not in use. It is smaller though.

The solo is a must IMO. It can be run with a power adapter as a plug in (I use mine almost exclusively in this way!) and can be used with glass. It can also be used well with just a stem.

Do yourself a favour and get one of ed's shorty stems/wongs. I don't use anything else with my Solo, so convenient! Shout out to @Ed's TnT lol

btka

i also didn t like the taste of the pax... so if stealth is not important then there are better portables in my opinion...

Jethro

The bowl size on the Pax is really not an issue at all. If I ever want to pack half a chamber I use the bent screen method and it works beautifully. However, I find that I rarely need to pack it half way. About the most I can possibly fit in there is half a gram. That is packing it as tight as possible. So why pack a smaller bowl? It's not like it's going to go bad in there. This device is not the tastiest device either, that is well known, so what is the point of packing a half a bowl? Sometimes my Pax sits for a day or two with a half cooked bowl in it, it's not like it's an issue.

Here is some advice that might help your decision... I absolutely HATE sharing my Pax with others. No matter how many times I explain how it works, people don't seem to understand that it's an oven that continually cooks your herbs. If I'm sharing it's like I have to be the Pax police and tell people to stop talking and hit the Pax as soon as it comes your way, and that get's REAL OLD (for me and my friends). It's not exactly a casual group device, I sometimes want to tell people "No talking until we are done with this oven." So now I only use it alone, which is what it is best at being- a personal, quick, stealthy vaporizer. If you are going to share with friends, you might want to consider a different device.

One thing I will say, and I know I shouldn't advocate this, but in the car it's pure genius. Click it open and wait for the green and go. For walking the dog- genius. For concerts or basically any public venue it's about as good as it gets. So although it's not the best tasting, for the professional cannabis user the Pax is not going to disappoint. Sometimes it's not about taste at all- it's about getting high.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom