• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Best Plug-In for Arizer Air user?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dank Sinatra

First post!

Hey Everybody, so Ive been a smoker for about 4 years now, and about a month ago I decided on impulse to buy an Arizer Air. I decided on the AA between the MFLB, Pax, Ff andthe Solo.
So far, I love the Air. Much better than the MFLB and Flowermate v5 which Ive gotten to try. But I mostly use it at home anyways, so is it a better idea to just buy a desktop unit? Will the vapor be noticeably superior?

I was looking at the EQ by Arizer, but some users said you inhale melted plastic with that one, which I obviously dont want to happen.

I heard Log vapes are great (conservation and efficiency and vapor quality are my most important wants) but I dont know the difference between the Underdog, the Nano, and the HI.

anything under $250 will be considered, so fire away!

And thanks again FC members:)

Dank Sinatra,

killick

But I like it!
Right this minute I'm using my Vapman with a blob of shatter in it, and it's absolutely delightful! Thanks to all the peeps on the Vapman thread for getting me started. You can get a couple of these for your budget, and if the power goes out you can sit in the dark and still have a fun time, cause it's torch-driven, and very similar to smoking a joint in some ways.

edit - oopsie - missed plugin... I have an excuse...

Anyways, in keeping with the new comments below this one, my HI is never unplugged. It's delightful to grab a tube any time and 'boom'. And if you really want one, get on the list and then see if there is one for sale in the classifieds. Thats what I did, and when I'm at the top of the list this one will go back into the classifieds, just like a vape library :)

Last edited:
killick,

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
But I mostly use it at home anyways, so is it a better idea to just buy a desktop unit? Will the vapor be noticeably superior?
Define superior? Define efficiency?
These are all subjective terms, I'm still confused what people mean when they say efficiency. Every real vaporizer is more efficient than combustion, so.... :ugh: :hmm:

A plug in vaporizer has 2 benefits in it's design - greater flexibility in functions/features (bags, whips, fan blowers, etc) due to a lack of size restrictions. And no concern for energy conservation.

With your AA, you will notice if you pull too hard, the vapor production ceases all together (because you've overpowered the heater). This is much less common with a plug in vaporizer, every plugin I've used can provide more heat than I need to vape. Literally my LSV and my Nano vape can keep up no matter how hard I pull (sure vapor density may decrease, but the heater will continue to vape the herb).

Yes, there are now some portable vapes capable of keeping up with the finest desktop vapes. But then you get into the great debate over flavor, so we go back to size/power requirements of portable vapes

In all honesty the thing you need to ask is why do you want a home vaporizer? Just for something different? Or are you looking for a specifically different experience? (Better flavor, faster hits, more social party vape, larger load sizes, bigger clouds, etc).

I heard Log vapes are great (conservation and efficiency and vapor quality are my most important wants) but I dont know the difference between the Underdog, the Nano, and the HI.
The HI has a 1-2 year wait, so skip that one. The Underdog and the Nano are similar enough, I say flip a coin :lol: But a Log vaporizer isn't the ultimate vaporizer. The wood is the secret sauce to the vape. It *can* be ready after a 2 minute preheat, but typically I prefer to let my Nano preheat for 20-30 minutes before I use it. Moreover I find the Nano extremely slow to switch temps. I like the heatup times on my LSV much more (but my LSV is 4x larger, so it's a tossup which one I like more lol).

There is no perfect vaporizer, but it helps when you know what you're looking for before you start looking

max

Out to lunch
Will the vapor be noticeably superior?
Not unless you consider more vapor per hit as superior, or smoother vapor, due to a longer vapor path or water filtration. Otherwise, vapor is vapor.
I was looking at the EQ by Arizer, but some users said you inhale melted plastic with that one
News to me. I owned the very first version of that model (analog-no bag fill), and there was no inferior type of plastic used. Don't believe everything you read. We've had people here who were convinced that aluminum or even stainless steel was hazardous in a vape.
conservation and efficiency and vapor quality are my most important wants
You certainly can conserve with any vape that can restrict hit/draw size. Efficiency means different things to different people, and there's no such thing as vapor quality, other than specifics like vapor density, vapor amount per hit, vapor temp, etc., and those are determined by the design goals of the particular model. Producing vapor is a simple process- apply sufficient heat. The rest is just about how it's delivered.
I dont know the difference between the Underdog, the Nano, and the HI.
The main difference is that the UD and HI are 12V designs, while the e-nano is AC, making it easier to add inline temp adjustment, which he did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom