Best online shops for bongs? (ROOR, Lux, Illadeph etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Algebraist

I'm only just recently getting interested in getting some serious gear after many many years of using crappy little one-hitters and joints. I'm only interested in vapin', but I def. subscribe to the 'variety is the spice of life' school and was thinking of getting a nice glass piece to hook up to one of my vapes. I was thinking of:

Toro
Sovereignty Glass
Roor/Lux Scientific
US Tubes/Honalee
Illadeph

And as I now pretty much next to nothing about glasswork, can anyone recommend a good online shop that carries these pieces?

The_Algebraist,

Survivalism

Weapon Enthusiast
In my experience you will have a hard time finding an online supplier that has those brand names, Everyonedoesit.co.uk has some roors and maybe some of the other brands.

I would reccomend calling Dementia Glass in California ( or Colorado ) and seeing if they could ship you something. Dementia should carry all those brands in multiple variations.

EDIT: Ahh.. looks like Dementia wont sell anything via mail order :(

Survivalism,

illadelph

vaked fresh daily
lol bro, you're in NYC, go out to your local headshops. i recommend illadelph as i have one. if they don't carry all or at least half of the glass brands you named, something is seriously wrong in this world. :ninja:

illadelph,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
I live up in colorado...lots of heady glass here....finding the heady glass online can be hard especially with the name brands you listed. If you ever need some glass just hit me up. I live literally walking distance from my head-shop

:peace:

Hennessy1414,

gak hater

illadelph said:
lol bro, you're in NYC, go out to your local headshops. i recommend illadelph as i have one. if they don't carry all or at least half of the glass brands you named, something is seriously wrong in this world. :ninja:
i'm not in ny, but about an hr away
any places to recommend in the big apple the next time
i make the trek??

gak hater,

The_Algebraist

Believe it or not, as far as I know, NYC is most definitely NOT the place you want to be when trying to find that balance between a good headshop and competitive prices. When people refer to headshops in the city they're most often times referring to crap little places that college kids go and buy crappy little pipes and over priced crappy bongs. I've seen MUCH better shops in rural parts of the country, like WAAAYYYYYY better. The headshops here are mostly run by foreign gentlemen who don't know a darned thing 'bout the stuff they're selling (most of the glass they sell is made in China etc).

If I am wrong and anyone knows of a GREAT shop in the city please let me know.

illadelph said:

The_Algebraist,

gak hater

The_Algebraist said:
Believe it or not, as far as I know, NYC is most definitely NOT the place you want to be when trying to find that balance between a good headshop and competitive prices. When people refer to headshops in the city they're most often times referring to crap little places that college kids go and buy crappy little pipes and over priced crappy bongs. I've seen MUCH better shops in rural parts of the country, like WAAAYYYYYY better. The headshops here are mostly run by foreign gentlemen who don't know a darned thing 'bout the stuff they're selling (most of the glass they sell is made in China etc).

If I am wrong and anyone knows of a GREAT shop in the city please let me know.

illadelph said:
i do know of a place that was highly recommended to me,i have never been there yet its in philly.
i'm inbetween philly and ny so its not that far away to me .
i do have to go to philly in a couple of months
when i do get to check it out i will report back on it.

http://philadelphia.citysearch.com/review/8994018?brand=yellowbot_nm

also i know of a place in ny that was also recommended,that is supposed to have a bunch of glass its another place i have never been to, so i have no idea about it either.. its mr. cigar at 675 8th ave between 42nd and 43rd streets
i was seeing if there were any other places to add to the list to check out :D

gak hater,

Survivalism

Weapon Enthusiast
You could check out craigslist.org as well, they wont be brand new though obviously.

Survivalism,

illadelph

vaked fresh daily
if you're going to philly, go to either artifax (northeast philly) or wonderland (center city). they both have a great selection for high end glass. if you need anymore help, i can provide numbers to these places.

illadelph,

gak hater

illadelph said:
if you're going to philly, go to either artifax (northeast philly) or wonderland (center city). they both have a great selection for high end glass. if you need anymore help, i can provide numbers to these places.
info for artifax is in the link i provided ;)
do you know the address for wonderland???

gak hater,

illadelph

vaked fresh daily
2307 Walnut St.
Phila., PA 19103
215-561-1071

lol i just happened to have both business cards in my wallet. :D

illadelph,

The_Algebraist

oh shit! i love that place. i dropped in a few times when i lived in philadelphia for grad school. i will definitely stop in the next time i'm in town. those guys were always really friendly. if i'm not mistkane it's two floors, right? good call dude.

illadelph said:
2307 Walnut St.
Phila., PA 19103
215-561-1071

lol i just happened to have both business cards in my wallet. :D

The_Algebraist,

The_Algebraist

I swung by mr cigar today and i can confidently say that no one needs to bother checking that place out, it's a crappy little stand with a dude that knows nothing about pipes. they have a couple of roors but are just way overpriced. oh, also the guy is a total idiot.

gak hater said:
its mr. cigar at 675 8th ave between 42nd and 43rd streets

The_Algebraist,

LordKaz420

The_Algebraist said:
Do they have a store in the city? I thought that they had two shops, but out on Long Island.

ben1234 said:
for NYC check out gotham.
You are correct, the only two "Gotham Smoke and Novelty" stores (that I know of) are on Long Island, and both in Suffolk County at that. One is in Huntington, and I think the other is way out there in Middle Island or something.

When it comes to finding a good selection of glass on a Long Island (Nassau County), I would recommend "Funtazia" in East Meadow, or "Utopia" in Hicksville. They both have a wide selection of glass. Unfortunately, they aren't the cheapest places and neither of them will negotiate prices. I've heard good things about "East Coast Psychedelics" in Oceanside, but have yet to check them out. I hear they are very well known for all the custom glass they sell. I don't know if they carry name brand glass. (One would assume they do, but you know the saying about what happens when you assume, hehe...)

If it has to be the city, I remember a head shop down in Greenwich Village that was fairly decent. It has probably been a good 10 years since I've been to it, but according to the list that SpiralArchitect posted (great list by the way) it's either the one on Christopher Street, or the one on W. 8th St. near Washington Square Park. Not the biggest place in the world, but they had a great selection back in the day, and were always packed with people. You may as well check them both out, since they are only a few blocks away from each other.

LordKaz420,

The_Algebraist

So I checked out the Illadelph site and they list 1 shop in NYC as an 'official' Illy reseller. I stopped in today, he guys were nice, it was a small smoke shop jam packed with pipes, bowls, bongs, cigs etc. In anycase, I'm not so familiar with the headshop scene so I checked out some of the Illadelphs and I kinda have my eye on a straight tube (think it's an Illy green label short straight) with red Illadelph logo, glass downstem with an Illy ashcatcher for $300. If anyone here knows anything about Illys could you help a brother out and tell me if this is a decent price...

They have beakers and was kinda considering asking if he would do a beaker with an ashcatcher or a blue glass short straight with ashcatcher for $300....

ugh! prices.

:ko:

The_Algebraist,

illadelph

vaked fresh daily
it can't be a green label if the logo is red. whatever color the logo is, that is the label. i have a pink label shorty and dropped like $350 just for the the bong itself. the illy ashcatchers themselves cost like over $100 here in philly so it sounds like your getting pretty good prices. i also got my cousin a green label beaker bottom for around $300 and that is really nice just too big for my liking. he paid $150 for the piggypack(ashcatcher) since its bigger than the norm. if you can get a whole setup for $300 i would say go for it cause being an illadelph owner myself, that is one of the best deals i have heard of in my whole life and you surely wont be disappointed with the quality of it.

illadelph,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom