Best off-grid solutions for vaporizing!

tuk

I don't think one solution will fit all off-grid scenarios, it might not always be convenient or even lawful to build a fire, similarly a magnifying glass will only work at certain times during the day...assuming its not cloudy & the sun is close enough.

Having a variety of methods on hand to create the necessary heat is probably the way to go.

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
I don't think one solution will fit all off-grid scenarios, it might not always be convenient or even lawful to build a fire, similarly a magnifying glass will only work at certain times of day...assuming its not cloudy & the sun is close enough.

Having a variety of methods on hand to create the necessary heat is probably the way to go.
No doubt, Right now a magnifying glass would be useless where I am and it's just past Noontime.

vorrange

Vapor.wise
Natural Farmer, just got an idea looking at the old guy with the magnifying glass. Using the magnifying glass in the Lotus.

Greek weather is quite good and sunny, it should work although i don't know how fast will be the heat time.

natural farmer

Natural Farmer, just got an idea looking at the old guy with the magnifying glass. Using the magnifying glass in the Lotus.

Greek weather is quite good and sunny, it should work although i don't know how fast will be the heat time.

What you have in mind? Just heat with a bigger focus point?

natural farmer,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
Aim the focus of the magnifying glass at the center of the metal plate, like we do with the torch.

vorrange,
Reactions: grokit

natural farmer

Also had that conversation with Max Jitter some time ago… I tried it and I couldn't heat it enough. Max had suggested some soot on the center of the hot plate but I think it would just make a mess of the to plate… If the hot plate was black maybe… I would love to try with a bigger freshnel lens that is supposed to raise the temps higher but I don't have one. :\

vorrange

Vapor.wise
Oh okay... too bad though, it would have been great if the Lotus could provide a green mechanical power source. :D

vorrange,

VAPEHUNTER

This past hunting season I was faced with the reality that I was going to be without power for a least a few days. A major problem for me because my main Vape is a Pinnacle Pro. I was able to get by with a power inverter plugged into my Black & Decker air compressor / battery jumper. This setup was OK for short term and if I had to I can always plug my power inverter into my truck and charge up that way. But for true off the grid I plan on picking up an Anker 14W Solar Panel, http://www.ianker.com/support-c7-g263.html . This paired with my Anker Astro 3E battery pack, http://www.ianker.com/product/79ANS1052-BA , should help. Hopefully with this combo I will be able to go for a while without having to worry about how I'm going to charge my Pinnacle Pro.

I do love my Pinnacle Pro but I must admit I am very intrigued in the Lotus and Vaporgenie style Vape. Is there much of a learning curve or is it easy to combust?

VAPEHUNTER,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
:)... Does the magnifying glass method work in cloudy wheather
:)

Abysmal Vapor,
Top Bottom