Best North American based online glass shops?

Simple10

Member, you member riiiight?
If someone wants to to avoid china glass and overseas shipping, Which North American based online shop is the best in terms of pricing and quality of service?
The only one I know of is grasscity, are there any more recommendations?

MoltenTiger

If someone wants to to avoid china glass and overseas shipping, Which North American based online shop is the best in terms of pricing and quality of service?
Talk to a glassblower via Instagram.
Takes a bit of effort but they're usually more willing to be flexible on prices.

Jfriendly and aqualabtechnologies are otherwise good sites to deal with

shredder

I've ordered quite a bit from dhgate without any huge issues, other than shipping that takes a while. It's really not as hard as you might think. The quality does vary tho, so it's best to stick with highly rated sellers.

I have several thick ass glass pipes that have worked very well for me, and they weren't that expensive. I have 2, 16 inch tall pipes from them that were $80-90 on sale, and they frequently have sales. And when they say thick they mean it, lol. They deffinately have some heft to them.

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
I know this really isn't what you are asking...but I buy almost all of my glass straight from one of thousands of artists on Instagram. Search different hashtags like #glassofig #glassforsale #glassauction #thousanddollarsmoke #headyglass #oprahsbookclub or just anything glass related and start following people! Start following glass blowers and it will suggest other glass blowers. Or look me up, @mrbonsai710 I am up to around 2700 artists on my page that I follow and IG is now like a shopping app for me. Constant auctions every day. :)

anda1anda2

I know this really isn't what you are asking...but I buy almost all of my glass straight from one of thousands of artists on Instagram. Search different hashtags like #glassofig #glassforsale #glassauction #thousanddollarsmoke #headyglass #oprahsbookclub or just anything glass related and start following people! Start following glass blowers and it will suggest other glass blowers. Or look me up, @mrbonsai710 I am up to around 2700 artists on my page that I follow and IG is now like a shopping app for me. Constant auctions every day. :)

So, I’m interested in dipping my toes in Instagram for glass sales. What is normally the process? Paypal?

I don’t mind signing up for an IG account, but have no desire to incorporate another social media platform. Will blowers sell to an account with no content?

Any other tips, suggestions or pitfalls to watch out for?

Simple10

Member, you member riiiight?
I've ordered quite a bit from dhgate without any huge issues, other than shipping that takes a while. It's really not as hard as you might think. The quality does vary tho, so it's best to stick with highly rated sellers.

I have several thick ass glass pipes that have worked very well for me, and they weren't that expensive. I have 2, 16 inch tall pipes from them that were $80-90 on sale, and they frequently have sales. And when they say thick they mean it, lol. They deffinately have some heft to them.

Yes I know I have ordered many pieces from dhgate before but I have a friend who is impatient and patriotic so that won't be an option for him:lol:
And also I've been told it's best to avoid china glass if I'm looking for colored glass

Brothers With Glass in the Pacific Northwest: https://brotherswithglass.com/

I have contacted a few blowers on IG but heady glass is usually too rich for my blood. However I did find quite a few attractive pieces on that brotherswithglass site within my price range. They have quite a nice selection actually at reasonable prices, thank you for your input!:D

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
I suggest spending some time on instagram as well. I bought my first piece of non-chinese glass from a blower on there for an extremely reasonable price, then bought a bubble cap to match it in an auction from another blower, who I'll probably get a matching dabber from.

If you hang around places like #glassauction on instagram for long enough, you'll eventually find a gem for a fantastic price.

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
Had a great experience yesterday with a North American online glass shops and thought of this thread.

After looking at what I consider “The Big 4” (ALT, The Cave, MightyQuinn and JFriendly) none had what I wanted in stock. Then I remembered NVS Glassworks in Portland. Result! They had the SoL piece I’ve been obsessing over and 20% off early BF promotion.

They ship worldwide, which isn’t always the case with glass shops. The manager, Jason, was incredibly nice and went above and beyond to make my happy purchase happen. I had a strange occurrence when checking out online but Jason understood what was going on and did it all over the phone. Later I got an email saying he’d fixed the issue for my next online order. Most glass shops probably wouldn’t have cared or bothered over a single sale, “sorry dude, that’s how our website works”, at least IME.

The cheerful attitude and extra effort of one kind person made me an instant loyal customer. I’m still planning on trying the others recommended here if NVS doesn’t have what I’m after, but I have to highly recommend NVS based on their glass, prices, and the intangibles of excellent customer service.

Last edited:
Top Bottom