Best non-kief catching grinder?

stinkytofus

i have a kannastor gr8ter, love it, coarse and fine grinder all in one, my question is, what if i dont want to collect kief? Which grinder is best ? The ones with handles? Newvape finishing grinder? Or should i just flip my kannastor upside down or sideways and grind away and dump it out without letting my materials sit on the screen ?

stinkytofus,

hinglemccringleberry

I use the cheapo plastic grinder that came with the purchase of one of my vapes. I say it's the best because it was free and can get me good results if I jam-pack it with nugs. It gives me a surprisingly nice medium-fine grind and I can claim all of the fine crystals/kief with relative ease. And it was free. You really need to stuff it to the brim to get those results though.

The Medtainer is also good. But my cheap regular one is probably alittle faster to claim the crystals with.

For a real finishing grinder I use the MFLB one, but the NewVape finishing grinder is far superior.

Last edited:
hinglemccringleberry,

MinnBobber

Have you looked into the 3-piece Santa Cruz Shredders? Those are nice if you have a Convection vaporizer....
X2
It is a very sweet grinder.
Love the radiused bottom portion----not a 90 degree sharp interior edge but a rounded bottom, like Kim K???? :)

iVapeTooMuch

Oh I Member
For smaller loads with my underdog and whatnot gets the MFLB nano grinder. Larger loads gets my 4 piece SCS

iVapeTooMuch,

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
I've been primarily using a 2 piece Space Case for the past few years. Love it because you can grind as fine as you like (just grind more). Downside is that you need a tray and something to put the unused ground material into for storage.

Just ordered a GR8TR vape model for a change of pace and to see how I like it (think still on sale). Will be posting about it in grinder thread soon I hope. Similar to yours, but only fine grinding plate and ground falls directly into bottom of grinder. Many less parts!

With your GR8TR (assuming the big one with many sections), can't you just leave out the screen section and grind directly into where the kief would normally fall?

I also have a very small (1 1/2') Mendo Mulcher that I use when away from home, or to grind a quick load. Comes in handy when I just want to try a different strain, of if out of pre-ground and just passing through for a quick load.

stinkytofus

I've been primarily using a 2 piece Space Case for the past few years. Love it because you can grind as fine as you like (just grind more). Downside is that you need a tray and something to put the unused ground material into for storage.

Just ordered a GR8TR vape model for a change of pace and to see how I like it (think still on sale). Will be posting about it in grinder thread soon I hope. Similar to yours, but only fine grinding plate and ground falls directly into bottom of grinder. Many less parts!

With your GR8TR (assuming the big one with many sections), can't you just leave out the screen section and grind directly into where the kief would normally fall?

I also have a very small (1 1/2') Mendo Mulcher that I use when away from home, or to grind a quick load. Comes in handy when I just want to try a different strain, of if out of pre-ground and just passing through for a quick load.
oh yea, i didn't think about removing the kief catching plate, u just saved me $40-50 lol

the gr8ter is awesome, two different blades, removable screens, you dont really need anything else

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
I started reading the first post and realized that the OP had a three piece in their hands already. Just remove the screen or the entire section from the GR8TR. Truely one of the most flexible grinders out there as far as configurations go.

Winegums,
Top Bottom