Best non-combusting Vaporiser for dry herb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zhxwn

(Firstly, I know vaporisers don't combust anything, but a lot of dry herb ones have that issue where they get too hot and do, as I've read)

I need a dry herb vaporiser

(Short version at end)*

I live with parents.
Dry herb is loose in my room so the smell isn't a huge issue in this sense (my room is on a separate floor and so is out the way)

I regularly smoke cigarettes out of my bedroom window, this is allowed. (I keep the smell contained as best I can)

Everyone knows that I smoke herb every day, walk into my room and you'll smell the plant matter, it's strong stuff. It's always lying around in my room. BUT I cannot smoke herb in my room, the smell (which is different after being burnt) would be too much and I'd be caught.

The smell of herb being used is my fear. Remember that my room smells of herb, so I'm not looking to hide the smell, just the smell of 'burnt' herb. I understand a convection vaporiser won't combust the herb and so is the best idea. But I have no experience with vaporisers except the ones used in replacement of nicotine, of which use flavoured liquids, so I am unable to judge the smell of vaped herb. I can use a vape in my room freely, but haven't tried the dry herb ones, if it's the same but smells of herb a lil that's cool, if it smells of burnt herb, that's bad.

Hopefully explaining my situation will allow you more experiences vaporists to judge if I could use a vape in my room without worry. If you believe I can, and have suggestions/advice, then I would be eternally grateful.

* (short version)
I need a dry herb vaporiser that..
Has no combustion
Doesn't smell of burnt herb (herb smell is no issue, I just can't have people thinking I'm using it)
Portability is preferred
Price under £150 ($270)
Quick heating

Thank you :)

PS. If 10 is smoking a joint, and 1 is smoking a normal nicotine vaporiser, where do dry herbs vaporisers sit? Judging by what it's most like. If someone came in and saw me puffing a vape that's no problem, could I pass it off as an electronic cigarette? If so, that's brilliant.

Zhxwn,

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
I guess I dont understand your issue.

Your place smells like bud all day long, so whats the big worry ?? Everyone that goes near your room already knows?

You smoke cigarettes (yuck), so why would they care if you vaped bud when it is far healthier for you?

Either your parents don't care- in which case do whatever the fuck you want;
or do you actually think your parents are completely oblivious?

FlyingLow,

Zhxwn

I'm real bad at explaining things.

I'm allowed bud in my room.
I'm not allowed to smoke it in my room.
Would a vaporiser allow me to use the bud without detection?

My parents have expressed that they don't want me to smoke it in my room.

But haven't minded me keeping it in the room.

"It smells like bud in your room" isn't a problem.
"It smells like you've been smoking bud in your room" is the problem.

Does vapor from dry herb vaporisers smell like bud or like smoked bud? The difference is a big thing for my situation, I guess that's my point.

Zhxwn,

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
I do feel like vaporization will fix the issue of them knowing you're actually doing the act. I believe they just don't want marijuana smoke in their house, and that's understandable IMO if you're in a illegal state. I personally don't like my places smelling like smoke of any kind.

I personally do recommend having some device to help mask the smell. I personally prefer essential oils because once one is heated it is all most people can smell.

I suggest either a E-Nano or Solo.

paytonpenn,
Reactions: pakalolo

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
I'm real bad at explaining things.

I'm allowed bud in my room.
I'm not allowed to smoke it in my room.
Would a vaporiser allow me to use the bud without detection?

My parents have expressed that they don't want me to smoke it in my room.

But haven't minded me keeping it in the room.

"It smells like bud in your room" isn't a problem.
"It smells like you've been smoking bud in your room" is the problem.

Does vapor from dry herb vaporisers smell like bud or like smoked bud? The difference is a big thing for my situation, I guess that's my point.

Vapour smells much like an open stash of nice dank, and the odour doesn't travel much or linger. If I understand your situation correctly, I wouldn't try to hide anything. I'd just demonstrate the smell for them. If necessary, be prepared to demonstrate a way you could deal with the smell. A quick spray of Ozium or Febreze will take care of any issues.

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
Vaporizers do have a smell when you vape.

My wife won't let me vape in the living room on the weekends in the early morning before she wakes up - she hates coming into a hazy room full of vapor - it smells and she doesn't like herbs in general, so she hates it with a passion. Note she does not care if I vape in the basement because the smell doesn't travel as far and doesn't bother her in the mornings.

That said, the smell evaporates fast - 15 minutes and you're golden. Few days ago my parents turned up for a surprise visit (i had 2 minutes notice they were stopping by) - being extremely conservative - they have no clue that I smoke/vape (haven't had any idea for the past 10 years, and I want to keep it that way). I was sweating bullets because I had vaped no more than 30 minutes earlier in that room. They didn't notice anything! My Nano and ABV bowl was hidden under the couch and my bubbler was hidden in the closet.

I second @paytonpenn - The Nano is a great vape if you don't mind staying tethered to an outlet (I love my nano so much I just ordered a new custom one with some exotic burl wood!). It actually might be perfect for you since you're smoking in your room.

But for a vaporizer newbie, I suggest you start with the Airizer Solo - it's a VERY nice vape for the price, and has quite the following on this site (The solo thread is over what 1100 PAGES long right now?)

The solo would also give you the ability to take your vape on the road to friend's houses. I can't say my Nano leaves it's outlet for very long (I usually leave it always on at low temperatures, so it's ready to go when I get home from work). The Nano takes a while to get up to temperature (I usually set the temperature 10 or 15 minutes before I start my session)

Snappo

Caveat Emptor - "A Billion People Can Be Wrong!"
Accessory Maker
While I don't advocate hiding anything from one's parents, or posting such intentions on any FC thread (we are all adults here, I believe), I do second Ratchett's suggestion regarding the Solo. Performance is huge and dependable, odor from vapor, as vaporizers go, is minimal.

Snappo,

Zhxwn

L
Vaporizers do have a smell when you vape.

My wife won't let me vape in the living room on the weekends in the early morning before she wakes up - she hates coming into a hazy room full of vapor - it smells and she doesn't like herbs in general, so she hates it with a passion. Note she does not care if I vape in the basement because the smell doesn't travel as far and doesn't bother her in the mornings.

That said, the smell evaporates fast - 15 minutes and you're golden. Few days ago my parents turned up for a surprise visit (i had 2 minutes notice they were stopping by) - being extremely conservative - they have no clue that I smoke/vape (haven't had any idea for the past 10 years, and I want to keep it that way). I was sweating bullets because I had vaped no more than 30 minutes earlier in that room. They didn't notice anything! My Nano and ABV bowl was hidden under the couch and my bubbler was hidden in the closet.

I second @paytonpenn - The Nano is a great vape if you don't mind staying tethered to an outlet (I love my nano so much I just ordered a new custom one with some exotic burl wood!). It actually might be perfect for you since you're smoking in your room.

But for a vaporizer newbie, I suggest you start with the Airizer Solo - it's a VERY nice vape for the price, and has quite the following on this site (The solo thread is over what 1100 PAGES long right now?)

The solo would also give you the ability to take your vape on the road to friend's houses. I can't say my Nano leaves it's outlet for very long (I usually leave it always on at low temperatures, so it's ready to go when I get home from work). The Nano takes a while to get up to temperature (I usually set the temperature 10 or 15 minutes before I start my session)

Thank you for the helpful reply. Yes, like you, it's okay for me to smoke/vape, as long as I'm 'out of the way' and not noticed by or bothering others.

I like what I've seen of the firefly. I may purchase that if I find one with a nice price.

I guess different people have a different level of 'stealth' they require. I don't need to hide bud, just hide the fact im using it in my room.

max

Out to lunch
Sorry, but our rules don't even allow your topic. It's #1 under the Forum Policies section.

• This forum is for mature adults only. We don’t want to hear about you needing to hide things from your parents.
In the future please make sure your posts/threads are in compliance with our forum rules and policies.

max,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom