Best little browie recipe in just minutes quickie snack

StonedPony

Chicken Plucker
Nice little snack that only takes a few minuttes.

brownie.png

StonedPony,

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
Anyone with any input on doing this with AVB? If so it sounds like a great quick snack...I would imagine that where the AVB's already been decarboxylated that you should be able to just mix it in at the dry ingredient step, and continue as directed?

Would love to hear some others input

Purpl3_Haz3,

StonedPony

Chicken Plucker
yea me too....Ive made the brownie and its awesome got me a scoop of icecream and munched out after vapeing a gram LOL........but I was wondering samething......didnt know if the Microwave was right way to heat it up or cook with......I dont have anything to experment with right now.....but I think we have a winner.....Ive passed this out to several ppl and they say its awesome but no has tested it yet.

StonedPony,

Hashterix

winged
From what I've heard this reciepe is a waste of bud, because of the microwave or something(never really cared for cooking with weed since I only have ~5 gram of ABV so far :p ).

Hashterix,

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
It would work. Nothing wrong with microwaving it at all. I'll try it out tonight and report back in this thread. I've already got edibles lined up, so why should I not kick it up a notch? :)

Tom

tdavie,

StonedPony

Chicken Plucker
tdavie said:
It would work. Nothing wrong with microwaving it at all. I'll try it out tonight and report back in this thread. I've already got edibles lined up, so why should I not kick it up a notch? :)

Tom
that would be awesome...I cant wait to hear....the brownie itself taste great and like it says about 5 minutes to make.......havent tried anything cause I wasnt sure about the microwave versus an oven.

StonedPony,

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
StonedPony said:
tdavie said:

Tom
that would be awesome...I cant wait to hear....the brownie itself taste great and like it says about 5 minutes to make.......havent tried anything cause I wasnt sure about the microwave versus an oven.

I've made microwave firecrackers before and this shouldn't be any different. I'll try with ~ 1 g ABV although I can already tell I'm going to end up in trouble. I vape as soon as I get home, but don't consume edibles until about 9-10 pm. Look for a rambling discord about midnight :) :)

Tom

tdavie,

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
@StonedPony

I haven't eaten all day. Last time was Thursday night when I ate some salmon. Today at 8 pm I had 8 perogies/fixings.

Went to make your brownie recipe around 9 pm, added 0.66g ABV and a shot of cherry brandy. Cooked up nice and quick, tasted pretty good (ate it at 10:30 pm CST, so should see pretty shortly). On an empty stomach, edibles hit me in ~1 hour. With a full stomach it varies a lot.

Tom

(there's no way that it won't work)

tdavie,

StonedPony

Chicken Plucker
AWESOME......goint over to my sons and get into his ABV and try it out......thanks so much for your input.....Ive been doing the plain brownie thing in a cup for munchies cause its fast.....so now I can get blaze without all the messy kichen crap LOL......Ill experiment with amount too and figure out what is right amount for me....as all else its dependant on quality of bud...........and we smoke the best LOL well we grow our own so a bit biased but yea its good bud..........purple haze this grow........anyways thanks alot for testing it out....I think we have a WINNER on our hands...........

StonedPony,

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
About 3 hours after consumption I find I have been eating barbque chips dipped in strawberry yogurt. That says it is pretty effective, considering I hate both. Thanks for the recipe; it makes life a lot easier.

Tom

tdavie,

alibearo

vapor amateur
I first want to say thank you for posting this... It was very intriguing and I think it has potential as a quick alternative to baking. So much so, that I had to try it immediately after reading the thread!

A note on it, for others:

Try with 1/2 egg or less. Scramble in separate mug, and pour in mixture. A whole egg with this ratio left mine FAR too eggy. Mine came out a very very dense spongy material (think tempur-pedic, and not in a good way) Actually so much so that I didn't end up eating it. :/.

Excellent recipe and post nonetheless. Has potential and I will definitely retry in the future.

alibearo,

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
About 16 hours after eating this, I'm still not quite at baseline. My legs feel very heavy, I could still sleep and I still have the munchies.

Note: I used a product called 'Simply Egg Whites' because I am allergic to egg yolks. Didn't make any difference to the quality of the recipe.

As any self respecting person would do, I'm going to try this again tonight, but with more ABV (~1g).

Tom

tdavie,

herbgirl

cannabis aromatherapist
alibearo said:
I first want to say thank you for posting this... It was very intriguing and I think it has potential as a quick alternative to baking. So much so, that I had to try it immediately after reading the thread!

A note on it, for others:

Try with 1/2 egg or less. Scramble in separate mug, and pour in mixture. A whole egg with this ratio left mine FAR too eggy. Mine came out a very very dense spongy material (think tempur-pedic, and not in a good way) Actually so much so that I didn't end up eating it. :/.

Excellent recipe and post nonetheless. Has potential and I will definitely retry in the future.

Hate to be the buzz killer here, but it's probably not the egg contributing to the tempur-pedicness - it's the mixing & baking methods. The mixing method allows time for gluten to develop because the egg is being mixed into the dry ingredients first. this makes the final result tough. the order you mix it in really does matter.

For the purposes of this recipe, I recommend the following modifications

mixing the dry ingredients thoroughly in a small bowl and setting aside
thoroughly mix the oil, sugar, egg and vanilla in the mug then dump in dry ingredients and chocolate chips
stir to blend well but do not overmix
zap, cool, enjoy

IMO, the microwave is terrible at baking and will leave anything 'baked' in it spongy and borderline edible.
i've done this before without the ABV, desperate for a chocolate fix. it's quick, the taste is OK, but the texture is just not right - maybe i'm just a snob :lol: a baked good 'baked' in the microwave can never have the same texture as one done in the oven, so don't expect it!

I also say this having the full ability and knowledge to create any baked good i could possibly want. If you only have a microwave and a few minutes i can see it doing the trick in a pinch. I don't want to knock the idea, I understand that some may not have the freedoms i do when it comes to being able to whip up some ABV vittles.
however if you do have the freedom and desire, realistically, the time you spend to measure and mix those ingredients could be used to preheat an oven and make a real brownie. it's really not that hard. i promise!

herbgirl,

PhishCactus

Lvl. 420 Vaporist
shit...I made this last night while super baked, without weed, at like 3 Am, took every ounce of brain power to complete it. It was yummy, no lubrication needed, the brownie slides right out of the mug.

Edit: oh...now i feel silly praising this mediocre recipe after i scrolled up and saw herbgirls synapsis of it!

PhishCactus,

herbgirl

cannabis aromatherapist
Phish, no matter what i say, if you liked it, you liked it!
if you had read my review beforehand would it have been any less tasty? :lol:

i really didn't want to make it seem like i was dissin' the recipe - just trying to improve alibearo's micro-brownie experience and provide some insight as to why it turned out like it did.

shit, Stonedpony, i'm thrilled to see an actual recipe with actual ingredients that does not involve the directions "mix contents of package...."

really it's just a few steps to the oven and a bit more time if you can manage this recipe.

for those interested in an oven not so quick brownie recipe, i'll be posting up my brownie recipe when i get a chance.

herbgirl,

caseball2051

i think the main attraction here for me isnt the ease of baking, its the individual serving and being able to use small amounts of ABV.

gonna try herbgirls modified little recipe when i head home from school this weekend!

caseball2051,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
Call me a crazy stoner but I actually did a double take in store the other day when I saw an easy bake oven ROFL!!

Lo,

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
herbgirl said:
really it's just a few steps to the oven and a bit more time if you can manage this recipe.

for those interested in an oven not so quick brownie recipe, i'll be posting up my brownie recipe when i get a chance.

Id be interested int this! I plan on makingthequick version tomorrow just for a treat, but I should have a decent amount saved up within a few more days and would like to try the 'real deal.'

Purpl3_Haz3,

herbgirl

cannabis aromatherapist
Haz3, i'll be writing it up this afternoon - taking my time trying to make it as clear and easy as possible for you novice bakers.

If people dig the brownie lesson, i'll put together some others - requests welcome - i can bake anything.

not just a recipe either, i'm gonna shove some actual baking theory down your throat.
for me at least, knowing WHY helps me get to the end result and troubleshoot it if i screw up. that's why i'm good - i've fucked up plenty and learned from it.

herbgirl,

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
herbgirl said:
Haz3, i'll be writing it up this afternoon - taking my time trying to make it as clear and easy as possible for you novice bakers.

If people dig the brownie lesson, i'll put together some others - requests welcome - i can bake anything.

not just a recipe either, i'm gonna shove some actual baking theory down your throat.
for me at least, knowing WHY helps me get to the end result and troubleshoot it if i screw up. that's why i'm good - i've fucked up plenty and learned from it.

Sounds great! And I'm exactly the same when it comes to why over how...makes things click for me :/

Purpl3_Haz3,

herbgirl

cannabis aromatherapist
ok, so new business stuff took priority last night, hopefully tonight i'll get to it. I've decided that the clearest way to demo it is just to have mr herbgirl take pix as i go.

I have decided that i will be cutting a sticky zephyr ion bag into strips and warming that in a saucepan with the butter that the recipe calls for to provide the magic

herbgirl,

caseball2051

herbgirl, is this recipe a personal sized serving that youre going to detail? like a 1-2g abv type of deal?

if not, do you have a indivudual serving brownie recipe?

its hard to collect alot of ABV with my Zap

caseball2051,

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
caseball2051 said:
herbgirl, is this recipe a personal sized serving that youre going to detail? like a 1-2g abv type of deal?

Im gonna go ahead and say it will most likely be a full size recipe(full pan or whatever) but as with anything, ingredients can be scaled back...itwiuld probably just come down to the pan size available.

Purpl3_Haz3,

herbgirl

cannabis aromatherapist
Purpl3_Haz3 said:
caseball2051 said:

Im gonna go ahead and say it will most likely be a full size recipe(full pan or whatever) but as with anything, ingredients can be scaled back...itwiuld probably just come down to the pan size available.

caseball, i can give directions for scaling back by half, but it still won't be 'personal sized' and i can't guarantee the results because i've never done it. 1-2 g would probably not be enough.

i will include instructions for using cannabutter and/or powdered ABV

i will be using a 9 x 9 pan, but with a watchful eye to the oven it could easily be done as a dozen brownie cupcakes.

i'll try and keep all this in mind when i write it up. the plan, changed again of course, is to bake tonight and report tomorrow. won't be able to test for potency until then either.

bear with me, it'll happen. and i'll stop hijacking this thread :) sorry stonedpony

herbgirl,
Top Bottom