1. If the Herbalizer was a fortune cookie what would it say? Tell us and win it!
  2. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.

Best light bulb/lamp for seeing thickest vapor

Discussion in 'Vapor Related Equipment' started by SnidelyWhiplash, Dec 30, 2013.

1. SnidelyWhiplash

SnidelyWhiplash Well-Known Member

Hi everyone!
    So, as I sit here sipping on my new Evo in bed, I have no good lamp for seeing vapor and it's frankly a little anti-climactic... That is to say compared to when I have a nice MR16 halogen to blow it at creating impressive clouds, or better yet a morning sun-beam (the BEST)

So, let's compile a list of good bulbs and lamps to pimp out our experiences.

Any suggestions?
  2. Tweak

Tweak T\/\/34|<

I want a portable just so I can try vaping in the sun, :(.

So I'm currently rocking a 17W Philips LED flood bulb paired with a Gooseneck lamp clamped to my desk. Love the directional throw of a flood light, and with a gooseneck I can point the light any direction.

Was using a 14W CFL @ 5000 Kelvin with a architect style desk lamp, but there is just too much light bleeding in every direction. Gives me eye fatigue.
    SnidelyWhiplash and RUDE BOY like this.
  3. SnidelyWhiplash

4. me2

me2 Member

light behind you and with barn doors/blinders on the lamp it will give you nice focused cut offs at the edge of the light.
    Tweak likes this.
  5. SnidelyWhiplash

thesoloman and Tweak like this.
  6. Caligula

Caligula HTTP ERROR: 404 - NOT FOUND

...or if you dont want to DIY:

and then there's always this...

SnidelyWhiplash and MileHighLife like this.
  7. DDave

DDave Vape Wizard

I've found white LED light really causes Vapor to show up on camera quite well... have tried other incandecent and halogen, but they've not matched the results of LED.
    SnidelyWhiplash and MileHighLife like this.
  8. Tweak

Tweak T\/\/34|<

One of these would work great, lol. A lil bulky though.

[​IMG]
  9. DDave

DDave Vape Wizard

LOL! That was great!

Just had a high school flashback where my math instructor is detailing quadratic equations and pauses to take a vape break, blowing the cloud across the projector screen for effect!
    SnidelyWhiplash and Tweak like this.
  10. King

King You show respect, and I respect you. Accessory Maker

I came here to suggest the daylight spectrum bulbs I use for indoor photography, but there is no way that those hold a candle to this beast.

I bet you can probably pick an old one up from a public school if they haven't thrown them out yet but don't use them anymore.
  11. MileHighLife

MileHighLife i eat hippies

These work great ...
    http://m.sears.com/index-g.html#/productdetails/SPM6443004908?partnumber=SPM6443004908
    I use them in my wall mounted IKEA reading lamp that's right above my bed and it's the best light I have for lighting up milk shots. It's not blindingly bright like I'm sure the flood lights and hids are so it wouldn't be great for making videos or anything but I like having sessions under it ... blowing vape Os under it right now :ko:
    SnidelyWhiplash likes this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors