• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

best electrical herb grinder?

stinkytofus

looking for one that gives me a coarse grind, not looking for a coffee grinder, something specifically for grinder herbs

thanks !

stinkytofus,

virtualpurple

The only electric grinder I know of is the chewy, I think it runs 70-100 bucks, and is powered by a 9 volt battery. I've not used one but my understanding is that it works well imitiqally but requires frequent cleaning to keep it from getting gummed up.

I'm not sure what has you leaning towards electrics but there are some manual grinders that are effortless such as the lift innovations grinder.

virtualpurple,

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
I've never seen that on @GreenHopper.
Pretty cool and it looks like a large step up from the chewy.

I've not used one so can't comment on how good it is.

Personally I think it looks a little cumbersome to use, like you say, it's quite large.

I've come around to the idea that a manual grinder thats been well designed will be easier in the long run to use. However I have full use of my hands with no arthritis or any other dexterity limiting issues so maybe these electric grinders are better for those who don't have good hand strength.

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
There is also this one. I've never used it but would like to.

LINK→ https://www.getpensimple.com/

I have one of those, not used it yet beyond a very quick initial test.

It's not actually an electric herb grinder. It's a manual herb grinder with an electric dispensing mechanism.

I tried to use it to fill my GrassHopper and my VapCap but found it was hard to get a decent pack and enough material ended up on the collection mat to lead me to believe I'd lose too much herb if I was to try and use this out and about.

Now those are probably the two hardest bowls to fill for this dispenser as they are narrow but they are the kind of vapes I'd want to be able to fill on the go.

The other thought I had was that this device is large, it's quite long and has a diameter that's easily 1.5x that of an 18650 battery. Way too big to fit in a pocket.

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
If you google "electric tobacco shredder" you'll find a couple things that'll work for ya.

Or check out the kinda silly "Bud Bug" on gotvape.com.

Last edited:
RUDE BOY,

Baron23

I've not used one so can't comment on how good it is.

Personally I think it looks a little cumbersome to use, like you say, it's quite large.

I've come around to the idea that a manual grinder thats been well designed will be easier in the long run to use. However I have full use of my hands with no arthritis or any other dexterity limiting issues so maybe these electric grinders are better for those who don't have good hand strength.
Yes indeed....I also would not see a need for such a large and cumbersome device at the current time, but I imagine that for people with movement, strength or dexterity issues in their arms/hands would find this to be a godsend.

It certainly looks much nicer than the cheap "potato masher" style electric grinders.

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
Yes indeed....I also would not see a need for such a large and cumbersome device at the current time, but I imagine that for people with movement, strength or dexterity issues in their arms/hands would find this to be a godsend.

It certainly looks much nicer than the cheap "potato masher" style electric grinders.

Agreed, it is well made, well it feels that way. It doesn't have a cheap feel to it at all and there is a nice weight to it.

But it's important to understand that the electric mechanism is only a dispenser. You still have to perform the grind manually by placing material in the end and inserting a sort of bottom half of a narrow looking grinder and manually twist to actually grind the material. Basically the back 1/3 of the pen (I'd call is a button) is a long thin manual 2 piece grinder. The rest of the pen is a battery and dispensing mechanism.

The grinder section can be removed to increase the pens storage capacity.

Baron23

Agreed, it is well made, well it feels that way. It doesn't have a cheap feel to it at all and there is a nice weight to it.

But it's important to understand that the electric mechanism is only a dispenser. You still have to perform the grind manually by placing material in the end and inserting a sort of bottom half of a narrow looking grinder and manually twist to actually grind the material. Basically the back 1/3 of the pen (I'd call is a button) is a long thin manual 2 piece grinder. The rest of the pen is a battery and dispensing mechanism.

The grinder section can be removed to increase the pens storage capacity.
hehehe...I think we are crossed up a bit here...I'm referring to the Atman grinder which is definitely electric and I think you responded about the pen shaped manual grinder! :):tup:

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
hehehe...I think we are crossed up a bit here...I'm referring to the Atman grinder which is definitely electric and I think you responded about the pen shaped manual grinder! :):tup:

Ah ha, Yeh man I got completely mixed up and spun round.

I've not used the Atman but I've seen a whole bunch of vids on it. What you said seems spot on.

GreenHopper,
Top Bottom