Best dry herb vaporizer for beginner

CANtalk

If size is not a consideration the related Fierce may be appealing over the Fury 2. The Fierce / Fury 2 are reasonably good evapes for the price, though a quality premium portable evape will be more proficient and efficient (and more expensive). Here's an interesting video comparison of the bigger Fierce evape with the recent firmware update vs the S&B Mighty. The Fierce still had ~40-50F temp drops between draws as well as higher draw resistance.

Good luck OP with your search.

Last edited:

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Good plan. And get a Splinter as your second vape. You can compress my first eighteen months of vape shopping into one 4/20 sale and tell yourself you saved $1500 not buying the other dozen vapes I've tried between those two.

boocoodinkydow

Well, she’s on the way! Fury 2, glass bubbler and dosing caps. Not sure about the bubbler but was a freebie. Anxiously looking forward to breaking it in. Digestive problems have been so bad lately I’ve had to abstain completely for the last several days and I’m getting a bit edgy and difficult to be around (according to DW).

Found a really great article on different effects gained at different temps. With about a dozen different strains in my larder coupled with different effects derived from different temps sounds like a lot of experimentation in my future!

I’ve found some references of decarbing material prior to vaping. What’s the consensus on this? Is it preferred or desirable or unnecessary?

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Well, she’s on the way! Fury 2, glass bubbler and dosing caps. Not sure about the bubbler but was a freebie. Anxiously looking forward to breaking it in. Digestive problems have been so bad lately I’ve had to abstain completely for the last several days and I’m getting a bit edgy and difficult to be around (according to DW).

Found a really great article on different effects gained at different temps. With about a dozen different strains in my larder coupled with different effects derived from different temps sounds like a lot of experimentation in my future!

I’ve found some references of decarbing material prior to vaping. What’s the consensus on this? Is it preferred or desirable or unnecessary?
Get the bent stem. Those little bubbler mouthpieces are annoying to reload and you can never get the water all the way out.

You'll get more vapor production by drying out your weed. Grind it and leave it on a piece of paper for an hour or a day. Some folks put their ground weed under a desk lamp for a bit.

arb

Semi shaved ape

Do not decarb before vaping.......that is something you do while vaping.

boocoodinkydow

The much anticipated new toy, Fury 2, arrived this afternoon. A few first impressions:

When I unpacked it, I was immediately impressed with the heft and solid feel of the device.

I removed the cover and the mouthpiece popped loose and came off along with the cover. I’ve heard random complaints of the mouthpiece snapping loose and hope this isn’t a harbinger of things to come.

I plugged it in for a quick charge and ran it through the recommended cleaning heat cycle.

Anxious to give it a try, the only thing I had immediately available was some previously decarbed Blue Dream CBD so let’s roll with it and see what happens!

I’m really going to enjoy the dosing caps but would have loved to see some differentiation in order to keep track of different strains that were loaded. Little concerned about longevity after long term use. Replacements not too expensive, though.

I loaded one fully without packing and popped it in the oven. The draw was more challenging than I had hoped for. I’m afraid my abused ol’ lungs are more impaired than I thought.

I noticed very little vapor from the two tokes I took but was nonetheless quickly greeted with a welcomed relief from overwhelming anxiety I’ve been suffering. As mentioned earlier, I gave up my edibles over a week ago and it’s been pretty rough. I’m sure it’s going to take some practice to get it right. The taste, however, was very good, no harshness at all.

I’ve used the Blue Dream CBD in some edibles and found it a bit underwhelming. Vaping it packed a bit more of a punch but not getting exactly the effect I’m seeking. This is very possibly due to one of several errors I’ve made on my first attempt.

I loaded the dosing cap in the oven immediately after the high temp cleaning cycle. Although I quickly startied decreasing the temp as soon as I turned it on, I feel it still heated the material at a higher temp than I was planning.

The decarbed weed was probably not the best choice either and possibly added to the less than exemplary experience. Up to this point I’ve been using only edibles, tinctures , infused oils and capped dried material so I hold a good bit of decarbed material in ready for processing. Got plenty of non decarbed material in storage that I’ll need to retrieve and ready for my trusty Fury 2.

Overall, I’m quite satisfied with my first attempt and looking forward to the learning curve ahead. Experimenting with different strains at different temps is going to be exciting!

Thanx for all the help.
BCDD

Summer

Long Island, NY
Well, duh on me. I read all the OP's post thoroughly after I posted. :doh: That's what happens when you post stoned. And I also see after-the-fact that I wrote a book. :rolleyes: But I'll let my post stand as it might help out some other sole. I see @boocoodinkydow rec'd the Fury 2 & that he is a microdoser. Congrats on your purchase.

What I said too late was:

If you didn't get a Fury 2 yet, I also suggest you look at Its big sister the Fierce since stealth is not a factor. And if you don't mind a plug-in, then definitely the e-nano is great for medicating. I would suggest a Ghost MV-1, but you didn't state your budget & you didn't say what you usage is, e.g. Are you a microdoser? Are you gonna have sessions with other peeps? Do you like to take a couple of individual hits here & there, or do you like a sipping session? All these & more are relevant for proper suggestions.

The Fury & Fierce would be considered to be at the high end of the middle tier, the enano & Ghost the high end.

I would say if you go w/ the Fierce you would have the benefit of both session & microdosing because the bowl allows for both small individual & larger shareable loads & because it's a hybrid - meaning it's both convection & conduction. The e-nano is all convection, but it is excellent for both.

After this 1st purchase you will begin to isolate what vapor taste-wise you like so you know what to buy as your 2nd vape. :shrug::ugh:

Last edited:

Polarbearboy

Tokin' Away Since 1968
The much anticipated new toy, Fury 2, arrived this afternoon. A few first impressions:

When I unpacked it, I was immediately impressed with the heft and solid feel of the device.

I removed the cover and the mouthpiece popped loose and came off along with the cover. I’ve heard random complaints of the mouthpiece snapping loose and hope this isn’t a harbinger of things to come.

I plugged it in for a quick charge and ran it through the recommended cleaning heat cycle.

Anxious to give it a try, the only thing I had immediately available was some previously decarbed Blue Dream CBD so let’s roll with it and see what happens!

I’m really going to enjoy the dosing caps but would have loved to see some differentiation in order to keep track of different strains that were loaded. Little concerned about longevity after long term use. Replacements not too expensive, though.

I loaded one fully without packing and popped it in the oven. The draw was more challenging than I had hoped for. I’m afraid my abused ol’ lungs are more impaired than I thought.

I noticed very little vapor from the two tokes I took but was nonetheless quickly greeted with a welcomed relief from overwhelming anxiety I’ve been suffering. As mentioned earlier, I gave up my edibles over a week ago and it’s been pretty rough. I’m sure it’s going to take some practice to get it right. The taste, however, was very good, no harshness at all.

I’ve used the Blue Dream CBD in some edibles and found it a bit underwhelming. Vaping it packed a bit more of a punch but not getting exactly the effect I’m seeking. This is very possibly due to one of several errors I’ve made on my first attempt.

I loaded the dosing cap in the oven immediately after the high temp cleaning cycle. Although I quickly startied decreasing the temp as soon as I turned it on, I feel it still heated the material at a higher temp than I was planning.

The decarbed weed was probably not the best choice either and possibly added to the less than exemplary experience. Up to this point I’ve been using only edibles, tinctures , infused oils and capped dried material so I hold a good bit of decarbed material in ready for processing. Got plenty of non decarbed material in storage that I’ll need to retrieve and ready for my trusty Fury 2.

Overall, I’m quite satisfied with my first attempt and looking forward to the learning curve ahead. Experimenting with different strains at different temps is going to be exciting!

Thanx for all the help.
BCDD

Don't worry about your Fury 2. If the mouthpiece isn't right, which is a new one on me, Healthy Rips or your vendor will replace without question. As to longevity: I've had an F2 for sixteen months now. I use it virtually every day, usually during a hike, ski, or bike, so out in the hot and cold and rainy and snowy. The thing seems to be solid as a rock. Since they came out, 95% of my usage is with the dosing caps. If you are getting too much draw resistance, try packing the cap a less tightly. You won't get as many hits per cap but the air flow will be even easier. I charge it after each use and very rarely run the battery all the way down. I don't know if that's why, but mine still heats up very quickly and lasts for at least 6 bowls/caps after 16 months of daily use.

PS: Get yourself some decent plant material, not decarbed and preferably with decent THC content. One or two hits and you should smile and/or relax!

Summer

Long Island, NY
You should also clean the mouthpiece screen after every capsule as I assume that, like the Ghost, all those sticky resins gunk up the underside of the screen so air doesn't pass freely through, thus, increased draw resistance & less vapor. Anyone owning the Fury 2, correct me if I'm wrong.

John Coaltrain

You should also clean the mouthpiece screen after every capsule as I assume that, like the Ghost, all those sticky resins gunk up the underside of the screen so air doesn't pass freely through, thus, increased draw resistance & less vapor. Anyone owning the Fury 2, correct me if I'm wrong.

I do think you're right. I replaced my Fury's stamped metal screen with a conventional wire mesh screen, and this seems to lessen the resistance a little.

C No Ego

Thanx for all the help.
BCDD

I've found best use adding lightly some herb into the WPA end and holding vape upside down to drop on the wpa... heat it to 373 and start session pulling on WPA with no bubbler attatched... do that a few times until initial flavor wears off then bump up ten degrees and set it on a bubbler to finish off the session increasing 10 D every now and them until I'm at 430F and maxed out spent, no mo vapor
Edit - that initial Terpene bump will leave you in a state of pure anti oxidant relief and just tingles your inner senses well ... all the subsequent effects will be dictated off that initial Terp rush... the volatile sesquiterpenes ( Humulene / Myrcene /d-limonene) direct the metabolism of the monoterpenes ( CBD / THC)... vaping is one of the only ways so Far I've found to set up the metabolism in such a one two way...
" Taming THC " " Beyond cannabis plants" are two articles by Russo explaining how it works... check em outlet me know if you have questions or answers ... Peace

boocoodinkydow

I've found best use adding lightly some herb into the WPA end and holding vape upside down to drop on the wpa... heat it to 373 and start session pulling on WPA with no bubbler attatched... do that a few times until initial flavor wears off then bump up ten degrees and set it on a bubbler to finish off the session increasing 10 D every now and them until I'm at 430F and maxed out spent, no mo vapor
Edit - that initial Terpene bump will leave you in a state of pure anti oxidant relief and just tingles your inner senses well ... all the subsequent effects will be dictated off that initial Terp rush... the volatile sesquiterpenes ( Humulene / Myrcene /d-limonene) direct the metabolism of the monoterpenes ( CBD / THC)... vaping is one of the only ways so Far I've found to set up the metabolism in such a one two way...
" Taming THC " " Beyond cannabis plants" are two articles by Russo explaining how it works... check em outlet me know if you have questions or answers ... Peace

Thank you sir for the info. Definitely will put it n my “try this” list.

I’m a big fan of Ethan Russo; suffer from a bit of a hero worship syndrome. I’ve been following his work as far back as the GW Pharm days. I’ll definitely ferret out those articles.

This brings me to a question I’ve been pondering. Over the last few years, I’ve found great rewards from terpene additives in my edibles. Since inhalation of terpenes has yet to receive a GRAS certfcation, suppliers aren’t offering any suggestions on its use with dry herb vaping. I can find little relevant anecdotal information outside of enhancing taste. Does the addition of terpenes add any physiological or psychological advantages and, if so, what procedure is used to add them to small amounts of weed? I discovered one instance of adding a drop or two to a small cotton ball and placing it in a sealed container with a couple of grams of material for several hours of infusion. Thoughts?

boocoodinkydow,
Reactions: C No Ego

C No Ego

Thank you sir for the info. Definitely will put it n my “try this” list.

I’m a big fan of Ethan Russo; suffer from a bit of a hero worship syndrome. I’ve been following his work as far back as the GW Pharm days. I’ll definitely ferret out those articles.

This brings me to a question I’ve been pondering. Over the last few years, I’ve found great rewards from terpene additives in my edibles. Since inhalation of terpenes has yet to receive a GRAS certfcation, suppliers aren’t offering any suggestions on its use with dry herb vaping. I can find little relevant anecdotal information outside of enhancing taste. Does the addition of terpenes add any physiological or psychological advantages and, if so, what procedure is used to add them to small amounts of weed? I discovered one instance of adding a drop or two to a small cotton ball and placing it in a sealed container with a couple of grams of material for several hours of infusion. Thoughts?

well the monoterpenes ( tri-cyclic THC / CBD etc...) because of their weight and structure have no smell and are not volatile in any way. in order to metabolize they rely on enzymatic phosphorylated amides and epoxides ( fatty acid binding proteins) in our cells to degrade them into usable signals as they metabolize through the cells membranes.
the volatility of pinene / myrcene catalyzes extra enzymatic reactions that help the cells surface accept the heavier less volatile monoterpenes... sesquiterpenes set the stage via their volatility ... for some strange reason even though sesquiterpenes are volatile they have a longer biological half life than monoterpenes so that in turn helps keep monterpene expression greater @ the point of metabolism.
Identifying which sesquiteps are in each strain shows how the plant makes synergystic entourage compounds that match ETC... man messing around adding in terps to just anything gets confusing and could have bad results... let the cannabis plant dictate which terps go where and we can model our terp profiles accordingly
here are two of my fav articles on the cannabimimetics and omega three to cannabis connection

https://www.sativaisticated.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/Cannabimimetic-phytochemicals-in-the-diet-–an-evolutionary-link-to-food-selection-andmetabolic-stress-adaptation-Gertsch-Medical-Cannabis-Medical-Research-for-the-Endocannabinoid-System-ECS.pdf

https://themodern.farm/studies/Omega-3 Deficiancy Abolish Endocannabinoid Function.pdf

edit - FABP explained
Fatty Acid-binding Proteins (FABPs) Are Intracellular Carriers for Δ9-Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) and Cannabidiol (CBD)*
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4423662/

Last edited:
Top Bottom