Best dry herb vaporizer for beginner

boocoodinkydow

Well, kind of a beginner. I’ve been using oral ingestibles medicinally for about 4 years. Unfortunately, recent digestive problems have made assimilation of cannabis a bit challenging.

I’m now looking at a vaporizer as an alternative method of medication delivery.

I’ll be using the device for dry herb only. An easy draw is imperative. Ease of use is a priority, also. A small chamber would be desirable. I would like to be able to use it for multiple short sessions on a single fill if possible. Portability is a must but stealth isn’t a consideration. Price doesn’t scare me but I’m partial to getting value for my money.

Any recommendations or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanx
BCDD

John Coaltrain

An easy draw is imperative. Ease of use is a priority, also. A small chamber would be desirable. I would like to be able to use it for multiple short sessions on a single fill if possible. Portability is a must but stealth isn’t a consideration. Price doesn’t scare me but I’m partial to getting value for my money

Healthy Rips Fury 2 (with dosing capsules) meets each of these criteria admirably.

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Fury 2 if you want stupid-simple (there is absolutely nothing wrong with stupid-simple).
Dynavap if you don't mind having to heat the end with a butane torch, and you want a budget vape that packs the most punch.

If you are open to a plugin desktop, then I would have other recommendations....

little maggie

There are a lot of great vapes out there that meet your criteria. But for a kind of beginner I think the 2 recommended are cost effective and simple to use. I avoid anything too complicated. The one advantage of the fury is that you can use it for a few very short sessions. I haven't found that with a vapcap. On the other hand, the fury 2 needs to be recharged with a usb while the vapcap is always available if you have a butane lighter.
There are some great sales on arizer products but the ones I've owned have had draw restriction that was problematic for me.
You might also check out the nomad as a future vape: future because of the waiting list
it's small, simple to use, efficient and has great customer service.

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
You might also check out the nomad as a future vape: future because of the waiting list
it's small, simple to use, efficient and has great customer service.

I'm always hesitant to recommend an unregulated mechanical vaporizer to a new vapor user.
If one does not have a sufficient knowledge of battery safety, they can have a serious problem

Summer

Long Island, NY
A small chamber would be desirable.
I would like to be able to use it for multiple short sessions on a single fill if possible.

As I see it, your 2 wants are contradictory. If the bowl is small, yet you want an extended session you will have to use dosing caps to swap out as needed or you will have to sandwich your herb between (basket) screens in a joint in order to have a sufficient quantity of herb to last for an extended duration.

habitat-fc

Arizer Air 2 is worth looking at. Its easy to use, efficient, has an open draw, small bowl, portable and great value for money. You can have a couple of hits and then take the stem out and turn off device till you want more hits if you want to use it like that.

TiSteamo

VAPEnsiero... sull'ali dorate...
I would tell you to let go conduction ones and throw you on CONVECTION.
I am very satisfied with my Flowermate swift pro.
Excellent value for money.

P.A.M.

Vapo Rising
As I see it, your 2 wants are contradictory. If the bowl is small, yet you want an extended session you will have to use dosing caps to swap out as needed or you will have to sandwich your herb between (basket) screens in a joint in order to have a sufficient quantity of herb to last for an extended duration.

Lol . Oh @Summer , get a Lil' Bud , you'll see it's possible and not so contradictory.. In fact @boocoodinkydow should get one too :rockon:

I'd probably go with a fury 2 or vapcap too if started vaping again.

As a matter of fact , you could checkout the SmokeStack. $35-40 and a propane torch will tell you if vaporizing is for you or not .
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/all-glass-convection-vape-kit.36262/

YaMon

Vaping since 2010
Lol . Oh @Summer , get a Lil' Bud , you'll see it's possible and not so contradictory.. In fact @boocoodinkydow should get one too :rockon:

I'd probably go with a fury 2 or vapcap too if started vaping again.

As a matter of fact , you could checkout the SmokeStack. $35-40 and a propane torch will tell you if vaporizing is for you or not .
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/all-glass-convection-vape-kit.36262/
I would never recommend a Lil Bud for a beginner, nor would I recommend the all glass torch heated eBay kit.

My only reservation with a VapCap is the new user needs to respect the click and be patient, perhaps read @Squiby posts. I’m not familiar with the Fury 2 as I avoid proprietary battery vapes these days.

boocoodinkydow

Thanx a bunch guys and gals. I’m a bit overwhelmed by all of the quick informative responses. Greatly appreciated!!

Looks like several good options that would fit my needs. I’m a very light doser. While the decade of the seventies was one long continuous high (loved that Columbian Gold) in my senior years, that heavy stony feeling just doesn’t appeal to me any longer. I’m in hopes that just a short toke or two a few times a day will take keep the dreaded feelings associated with PTSD at bay. So the reason for a small load that can be used for a few repitions during the day.

The externally heated units are interesting but I think I’d prefer a device with onboard heating system.

I did some research on the Fury 2 last night and it appears to check all my boxes pretty well.

I also took a look at an Arizer product that I liked with the exception of the detachable glass tube. Keeping it in my pocket during an active day probably would be problematic.

I plan to also look into the Pax 3 as well as others mentioned here.

Thanx for all the input.
BCDD

Razshiro

If you want top quality vapor, easy of use, capsule, look for the Crafty(need app phone) if you need portability or the Mighty , really fury 2 is good for outside fast stealth use, but it's not the vapor quality/potency of a Mighty/Crafty ;) :2c:

boocoodinkydow

I toyed with the idea of trying a vaporizer a few months ago. A mighty and pax rose to the top at that time from research I did and I plan on revisiting the info on these. Of course, research pales in light of real world experiences shared by you good folks. Thanx for the input.

John Coaltrain

My wants are similar to yours in many ways. I am a recent returnee to cannabis after about 15 years hiatus, and want to enjoy the effects of the plant, but also to remain functional (at least in the day and afternoon). I am therefore also a micro-doser.

I find that vaporizers with which I can use dosing capsules are best since, like you, I want to divide up my sessions. I often take only 3 hits before putting it away for a couple hours or so.

A vaporizer that uses dosing capsules allows me to eject the capsule between sessions, and thereby prevents the flower from continuing to cook – or at least prevents it from drying out too much between hits. This is also possible with Arizer portables, since you can just remove the stem between sessions.

This is why I use (and recommended above) a Fury 2. A Mighty, while less portable, would also suit your needs. My Mighty never ceases to both surprise and impress me by its performance.

I also use a DynaVap (OmniVap XL). It has its place, for sure. If you get more into vaporizing, you'll likely end up with one of these eventually. Given the low cost of a DynaVap "M", not having one is simply inexcusable.

What I've been surprised by is that each vaporizer provides a slightly different high. Some refer to this as a vaporizer's "signature." In that regard, it's nice to have a few options in your vaporizer collection.

Last edited:

boocoodinkydow

Thanx, John, for the intuitive input. Diversity of effects among different vaporizers is an interesting fact. I’ve often wondered why experienced vapors usually have an arsenal of hardware. Mystery explained!

Yes, it appears our purposes are very similar and your recommendations carry a good bit of weight for me. Appreciate your recommendations.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
I’m a very light doser. While the decade of the seventies was one long continuous high (loved that Columbian Gold) in my senior years, that heavy stony feeling just doesn’t appeal to me any longer. I’m in hopes that just a short toke or two a few times a day will take keep the dreaded feelings associated with PTSD at bay. So the reason for a small load that can be used for a few repitions during the day.
Vaping has less of the negative side effects you mention. You'll enjoy the flexibility of dosage that comes with changing the temp as well as the number or size of the hits you take. Vaping .05g of your favorite sativa, hybrid, or indica at 360° is very different from vaping that same amount at 420°.

Don't get a Arizer Air 2 or Solo II: the draw resistance is annoyingly tight and you mentioned you wanted something easy to draw on.

Don't get a VapCap as your first vape either: folks always get a good number of vapcap recommendations with every "what vape should I buy" thread. It's less because the VapCap is right for everyone and more because they're so effective and efficient at a lower price than electric portables. You also won't be able to vape at specific temps, which is one of the strengths of vaping over combusting.

I do think the Fury 2 would be a great fit. The Fury 2 has bad battery life but is otherwise an exceptional value and a great performer. Add a bent glass stem and you'll have a tiny chamber with a glass airpath like the Arizer vapes. Pack the whole stainless chamber and you'll have enough to share with friends. Get the dosing capsules and you'll have less dense vapor but a convenient option for reloading when vaping out. Get the wpa (water pipe adapter) and you can get a little crazy and do some bong hits on occasion with just a $30 Chinese bubbler.

I have about ten vapes and have sold or gifted some others and the Fury 2 still gets used because it's the most portable and offers a lot of versatility.

Last edited:

boocoodinkydow

Very helpful info, Bossman. Thank you very much. There have been far too many recommendations and positive reviews on the Fury 2 to ignore! This will be my beginner device. Looking forward to the experience. Probably, as Marci-Gras pointed out, the first of several.

Thanx to all for the help. New to the site but with the warm receptions and all the assistance methinx I’ll hang around a while!!

Top Bottom