Best cartridges for distillate

lockie

2 of the first 3 v2.1 cartridges from vape710 I filled have leaked. One of them had the glass crack from the top rubber falling off the top. Alright taste and pulls for clouds but I think ccell cartridges are better.
Stay clear of those KingPen710, Brass Knuckles, and THClear cartridges since they all got hit with pesticides on recent lab result tests.

lockie,
Reactions: graydeh1

lonefarmer

Where do you order the apax labs ccell cart from? I have a couple syringes of honey vape that is pretty thick.

Now with the increased taxes it is cheaper to pick up a syringe instead of a prefilled cart.
Where do you order the apax labs ccell cart from? I have a couple syringes of honey vape that is pretty thick.

Now with the increased taxes it is cheaper to pick up a syringe instead of a prefilled cart.

Hello Smoke1ForMe and FC brothers and sisters! As you can see, my first post. I will throw in some of my latest experiments with oil and ccell cartridges. I wanted to cut down on smoking flower and was interested in the vape cartridges. I tried some at the local dispensaries. I am aware of the nasty chemicals, pesticides, PG, PE, VG and who knows what else could be in them. I wanted to know if I could actually fill my own cartridges with my own oil. First I got some wax from a dispensary and used Wax Liquidizer. Mixed up well and vaped good but the taste not so good plus full of crap from the wax. Left a bunch of gunk in the bottom of cartridge. I wanted better! Now I'm reading about different methods of extraction. Could I possibly do this at home without a ton of money and be safe? I have only been into this for about three months now and I decided to try ethanol extraction. I won't go into all I went through now, but after doing my own extraction I ended up with close to pure oil. Nothing in it, alcohol evaporated out. If you try to load your cartridge with "pure oil" it will harden and clog almost faster than you can fill it. Again I didn't want to add anything especially PG or VG, etc. But it was just too thick. Ended up trying several brands of terpenes. Some good some not. Found a good one. So after over twenty small batches and losing quite a few I ended up with this: 2-3 drops terpenes per gram of oil. That's it. Now the oil stays liquid enough to mix and stay mixed and flow good thru the cartridge. Ccells work great. Super good draw, cartridge all glass, ceramic mouthpiece and coil. The taste is amazing and vapes the last drop. The taste is so great it doesn't need terpenes (retained a lot of terpenes from low heat extraction) but need something to keep it flowing. I get a great buzz from each hit! After 4-6 hits I'm done! I use them 3-4 times, cleaning with ISO. Only once did I have a leak and that was after three refills. I'm using ccell battery too. Perfect!
By the way, started with my home grown flower. Organic, no pesticides. Girl Scout Cookies 24% THC. Yield eight grams oil per ounce. After doing my own I can see how sad the quality is from dispensaries, not to mention the crazy cost. More info and pics if anyone interested (did not know how to post pics yet!) Thanks for all the info I got from FC and wanted to share. Looking forward to more on cartridges.

Last edited:

Pharcyide

Hello Smoke1ForMe and FC brothers and sisters! As you can see, my first post. I will throw in some of my latest experiments with oil and ccell cartridges. I wanted to cut down on smoking flower and was interested in the vape cartridges. I tried some at the local dispensaries. I am aware of the nasty chemicals, pesticides, PG, PE, VG and who knows what else could be in them. I wanted to know if I could actually fill my own cartridges with my own oil. First I got some wax from a dispensary and used Wax Liquidizer. Mixed up well and vaped good but the taste not so good plus full of crap from the wax. Left a bunch of gunk in the bottom of cartridge. I wanted better! Now I'm reading about different methods of extraction. Could I possibly do this at home without a ton of money and be safe? I have only been into this for about three months now and I decided to try ethanol extraction. I won't go into all I went through now, but after doing my own extraction I ended up with close to pure oil. Nothing in it, alcohol evaporated out. If you try to load your cartridge with "pure oil" it will harden and clog almost faster than you can fill it. Again I didn't want to add anything especially PG or VG, etc. But it was just too thick. Ended up trying several brands of terpenes. Some good some not. Found a good one. So after over twenty small batches and losing quite a few I ended up with this: 2-3 drops terpenes per gram of oil. That's it. Now the oil stays liquid enough to mix and stay mixed and flow good thru the cartridge. Ccells work great. Super good draw, cartridge all glass, ceramic mouthpiece and coil. The taste is amazing and vapes the last drop. The taste is so great it doesn't need terpenes (retained a lot of terpenes from low heat extraction) but need something to keep it flowing. I get a great buzz from each hit! After 4-6 hits I'm done! I use them 3-4 times, cleaning with ISO. Only once did I have a leak and that was after three refills. I'm using ccell battery too. Perfect!
By the way, started with my home grown flower. Organic, no pesticides. Girl Scout Cookies 24% THC. Yield eight grams oil per ounce. After doing my own I can see how sad the quality is from dispensaries, not to mention the crazy cost. More info and pics if anyone interested (did not know how to post pics yet!) Thanks for all the info I got from FC and wanted to share. Looking forward to more on cartridges.

This is the same exact experience I just had with some concentrate, terpenes and CCell! I'm seriously blown away by how much less expensive it is for me to buy a gram at the store, buy some organic terpenes, add a few drops and mix and create a version I could vape. I'm also using a Ccell cartridge and have been for several months now and it's definitely my favorite cartridge i've come across. I use it with their CCell Palm battery and it's discreet af. Awesome to see other people out there using the same methods, cartridges, and batteries!

florduh

This is the same exact experience I just had with some concentrate, terpenes and CCell! I'm seriously blown away by how much less expensive it is for me to buy a gram at the store, buy some organic terpenes, add a few drops and mix and create a version I could vape. I'm also using a Ccell cartridge and have been for several months now and it's definitely my favorite cartridge i've come across. I use it with their CCell Palm battery and it's discreet af. Awesome to see other people out there using the same methods, cartridges, and batteries!

What type of concentrate are you mixing with the terps and using in the cCells?

florduh,

Gorillajp5

Trying to stay above it all, all the time
What type of concentrate are you mixing with the terps and using in the cCells?
Wax, shatter, budder. Distillate, co2 oil, bho, pho...
But depending on the consistency of the concentrate you are diluting in turn will dictate how little of terpenes you should use. Usually between .9-.01ml per gram of your choice of concentrate

Pharcyide

Wax, shatter, budder. Distillate, co2 oil, bho, pho...
But depending on the consistency of the concentrate you are diluting in turn will dictate how little of terpenes you should use. Usually between .9-.01ml per gram of your choice of concentrate

Exactly! For harder shatter I use a bit more but for softer BHO i only need a few drops of terpenes. Since terpenes are found in cannabis, I think it's a perfect dilutant to mix with concentrates so you can vape them. Plus you can kind of turbocharge the flavor of your oil with something like a strain specific terp profile

Pharcyide,
Reactions: florduh

zor

I hate to admit it but the Rubi carts have been excellent for the recent batches of shatter/wax + Holy Terps, no leaking, great experience overall. I don't like Kandypens but haven't had any problems with the Rubi carts so far....

zor,

florduh

I hate to admit it but the Rubi carts have been excellent for the recent batches of shatter/wax + Holy Terps, no leaking, great experience overall. I don't like Kandypens but haven't had any problems with the Rubi carts so far....

Interesting. I like the Rubi form factor. I just assumed Kandypens makes garbage. Also, I thought it was a bit overpriced. But I've been looking for a small device that can take both oil and nicotine salts. Looks like the Rubi fits the bill. The battery just isn't worth $40.

florduh,

Pharcyide

Are those pod type cartridges plastic or glass? I would be worried about putting terpenes (a solvent) into a container that has a material that could possibly leach into the oil i'm smoking

florduh

Are those pod type cartridges plastic or glass? I would be worried about putting terpenes (a solvent) into a container that has a material that could possibly leach into the oil i'm smoking

I tend to agree but pod based companies like Stiiizy and Pax era sell thousands of those per day. The Rubi's sure look plastic to me though.

florduh,

Pharcyide

I tend to agree but pod based companies like Stiiizy and Pax era sell thousands of those per day. The Rubi's sure look plastic to me though.

I know in WA a bunch of farms have switched from plastic and silicone containers to glass for their concentrates, especially live resin, terp waxes and sauces due to that reason. I would think it would apply to the plastic carts and new pods coming out as well but not sure

florduh

I know in WA a bunch of farms have switched from plastic and silicone containers to glass for their concentrates, especially live resin, terp waxes and sauces due to that reason. I would think it would apply to the plastic carts and new pods coming out as well but not sure

I really like the pod vape form factor so I really hope they start switching to glass!

florduh,

zor

Shit, good call on the plastic, the Rubi pods are definitely some kind of hard plastic. Dammit!

zor,

tennisguru1

EXCELSIOR!

Pharcyide

Shit, good call on the plastic, the Rubi pods are definitely some kind of hard plastic. Dammit!

No prob man. I don't know if it's honestly something to be worried about. I would think it depends on how long it takes for terps to react with plastic or any seals inside (if there are any seals) and how long the product sits before it's actually sold. Still something to be aware of i guess

Pharcyide,

tennisguru1

EXCELSIOR!
Seems like It's aimed at the high nicotine salt nic eliquids. But I'm guessing it's the same coil as the ccell cart inside there.

I ordered a drizzle a couple days ago. High hopes for this one. The 1.3Ω ceramic coil is SS316L so TC will work!
https://www.vaporesso.com/vape-kits-drizzle-vape-kit

Seems very similar in design & function like the Yocan Stix
I'm playing with. Also used for E-Juice.

tennisguru1,

Smoke1ForMe

Seems like It's aimed at the high nicotine salt nic eliquids. But I'm guessing it's the same coil as the ccell cart inside there.

I ordered a drizzle a couple days ago. High hopes for this one. The 1.3Ω ceramic coil is SS316L so TC will work!
https://www.vaporesso.com/vape-kits-drizzle-vape-kit

Please post how you like the drizzle kit once you receive it.
Just saw on vaporesso site, the Orca solo. Mtl vape pen. 1.5ml...1.3Ω ccell coil. Looks promising. It's in pre-order now.
https://www.vaporesso.com/vape-kits-orca-solo-kit-vape-pen

This also looks interesting. In the market for a tank that looks more like an e cig since I am going to be doing some traveling this summer.

Last edited:
Smoke1ForMe,

Adobewan

Don't see it mentioned in this thread, and I realize it's not a (510)cartridge, but I followed the conversation between @grampa_herb and @420democrat regarding the "Veco Solo" on the "Battery needed for distillate, while using a c cell cartridge" thread.
When GPa posted this I jumped on it.
Vaporesso Veco Solo starter kit down to $16 now.
I agree with them, it's a great vape for distillate and at a killer price! It's very powerful, to quote @420democrat "easy on the gas or your tolerance will SKYROCKET like mine did". It's pocketable and uses inexpensive replacement ceramic coils($1.33) that are simple to replace. Further thanks to GPa for suggesting keeping the tank at least half full, holding the button for just one second at a time(3 in a row, spaced out across your draw seems about right), and giving it some cool down between hits, to avoid a burnt taste.

TomBstoned

The veco works well. I have one. But does need to be kept fuller than I'd like. The drizzle is smaller in diameter...taller and skinnier and uses the same euc coils. So you can use the subΩ coils if you want. The drizzle coils will work in the veco also. Coil sleeve is smaller so it shouldn't coIlect as much between coil and sleeve. Its top flow, same as veco. My drizzle should be here next week. I'll see how it compares.

Top Bottom