Best 'bong-like' vaporizer?

I have been looking through over these forums (and other sites) trying to find a common denominator but have just been struggling to do so...while all of the different types of options are incredible for consuming healthily I am still failing to find one that may meet my own criterion in an ideal manner.

I have used bongs for years and am really just looking for a sit-down/stationary vaporizer that can achieve the same usage effect. A 'one and done' type of hitter as it were, where similar to any bong you would take one big hit and youre done for a few hrs haha. Is there a type of vaporizer that most similarly would mimc a high class bong (I used an Illadelph for years)? I am not concerned with price, just want what could be universally considered THE BEST vaporizer that is basically identical to an Illy/any piece in terms of usage (one hit and youre done). Been using a Pax 3 for years but again looking for a 'one hit and done' type device? I've seen rec's for the Supreme but the idea of a torch is offputting.

Anyways just looking for a vaporizer (no budget restraints) that most closely mimics a traditional bong setup/use. Any advice here valued.

Last edited:
cloudclout,
Reactions: C No Ego

Madri-Gal

Child Of The Revolution
Best of luck. I'm looking for the best vape myself.

Last edited:
Madri-Gal,

BestBuds

The Dude
YaMon nailed it! But i don't have one yet so what I use is a RBT Milaana 2 and a drydrotube. To me it has the feel and footprint of a small bong.

(Edit: I was typing this as you said you are not interested in butane. The following won't appeal to you.)
What about a lotus? You can use that with a rig and a torch and it will feel just like hitting a bong! Same with an Elev8r.

BestBuds,
This is a bit confusing. I didn't smoke long before I switched to vaping, I had access to top shelf bud, and the first glass I tried was an Illedelph (which I still have). I never, and I mean NEVER, got high off one big hit and stayed high for hours. It seems like you are asking a vaporizers to do what a bong can't do. On the other hand, people are different, and if you could take one hit on a bong and stay high for hours, you would likely have a similar result with any good desktop, especially if you use the same amount you smoked. Having such a different reaction to cannabis than you do, I have no specific recommendation for any specific vape that you wouldn't have already read about in your research. What vapes have you tried? What did and didn't work? Have you ever taken a break from smoking to see what vaping is like on it's own?
That might make a difference in your high.
Best of luck. I'm looking for the best vape myself.
Sorry for confusion - in my experience, yes I can hit any traditional bong (personally loved Illy so use that as my example) once and remain lifted for several hrs. I achieve this same aspect with larger bowls/pipes or currently, my Pax 3, but I am looking for a similar 'sit down' type of piece, similar to that of a typical large bong, and I can use it once then put it aside for several hrs (my tolerance/reactions allow that I guees :/).

FP as the above commenter appears to be one of the best, although a bit complex for me, which is why I am now looking into the EVO as it seems this may be the current top contender

YaMon nailed it! But i don't have one yet so what I use is a RBT Milaana 2 and a drydrotube. To me it has the feel and footprint of a small bong.

(Edit: I was typing this as you said you are not interested in butane. The following won't appeal to you.)
What about a lotus? You can use that with a rig and a torch and it will feel just like hitting a bong! Same with an Elev8r.
thanks mate- unfortunately i am trying to avoid any torch/additional usage, which maybe leading me to a desktop? looking into the EVO rn!

Last edited by a moderator:
cloudclout,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

BestBuds

The Dude
thanks mate- unfortunately i am trying to avoid any torch/additional usage, which maybe leading me to a desktop? looking into the EVO rn!
Ah. Great vape! eNano will work with a rig too but I feel like my tolerance is getting too high so I'm constantly loading and reloading. Evo is a great one for sure. Arizer has the Extreme Q seeing that youre not looking for on demand.

YaMon

Vaping since 2010
FP as the above commenter appears to be one of the best, although a bit complex for me, which is why I am now looking into the EVO as it seems this may be the current top contender

unfortunately i am trying to avoid any torch/additional usage
What torch? It’s really simple! Do you use concentrates at all? Do you have access to concentrates and if so would you consider using them? If no to concentrates than the FlowerPot Weedeater, otherwise the FlowerPot VRod.

What torch? It’s really simple! Do you use concentrates at all? Do you have access to concentrates and if so would you consider using them? If no to concentrates than the FlowerPot Weedeater, otherwise the FlowerPot VRod.
Thanks! Maybe not torch but the carb cap element is a little offputting, beginning to lean towards the EVO (which funnily enough was the top contender when I posted this!)

Think my concentrate days are over, can't risk the stains with the wife's furniture :(

cloudclout,

Vaporware

The Evo is a good choice in general, but for specifically what you’re asking for, people I’ve heard from who have used both say the FlowerPot is better in this area and I’ve personally never replicated a high-temp FlowerPot hit with anything else I’ve tried (which is admittedly a limited selection, but many others feel the same).

As @YaMon says there’s no torch involved, you just pick the head up by the handle, set it down on the bowl, pick it up and put it back on the stand when you’re done.

Edit: No need for a carb cap if you don’t want one. Especially with the new WeedEater head that’s just for flower. I haven’t used it, but the ShowerHead is still a great option for non-concentrate users too and it should do what you’re asking.

If you prefer the Evo for some reason that’s fine, but the FP is almost exactly what you asked for and the Evo is...less close.

The Evo is a good choice in general, but for specifically what you’re asking for, people I’ve heard from who have used both say the FlowerPot is better in this area and I’ve personally never replicated a high-temp FlowerPot hit with anything else I’ve tried (which is admittedly a limited selection, but many others feel the same).

As @YaMon says there’s no torch involved, you just pick the head up by the handle, set it down on the bowl, pick it up and put it back on the stand when you’re done.
Could you elaborate if you dont mind on what youve heard others say in comparison? When I watch videos of each, it seems like the EVO is the simpler of the two (turn switch on then put tube on top, whereas the FP looks like you have to manually place the bowl on [which is not a huge difference but still]), also seems like less chance of combustion with the EVO?

Idk, funny still that the two top picks I'd read about ended up being the current two top choices/rec's form everybody with my own stubborn criteria :D

JCat

Accessory Maker
Could you elaborate if you dont mind on what youve heard others say in comparison? When I watch videos of each, it seems like the EVO is the simpler of the two (turn switch on then put tube on top, whereas the FP looks like you have to manually place the bowl on [which is not a huge difference but still]), also seems like less chance of combustion with the EVO?

Idk, funny still that the two top picks I'd read about ended up being the current two top choices/rec's form everybody with my own stubborn criteria :D
Hey man ... you can't go wrong either way. The FlowerPot might be more versatile, but the EVO is definitely easier and feels safer in many ways IMO (others would disagree) (I own both an EVO and a VROD, and a lot of others, the Supreme you mentioned on Reddit is also killer, especially when paired with my electric conversion kit :) )

FYI--I'm the one on Reddit who recommended the FP and the EVO.

Both are heavy hitters built for bong use :)

Hey man ... you can't go wrong either way. The FlowerPot might be more versatile, but the EVO is definitely easier and feels safer in many ways IMO (others would disagree) (I own both an EVO and a VROD, and a lot of others, the Supreme you mentioned on Reddit is also killer, especially when paired with my electric conversion kit :) )

FYI--I'm the one on Reddit who recommended the FP and the EVO.

Both are heavy hitters built for bong use :)
Hahaha was wondering if I'd see any overlap here :)

Ty, indeed the EVO seems a little more simple which is good for my simple mind but the FP appears to be the more recommended of the two. Thinking this might come down to better/more complex vs. inferior/easier to use. I am a stickler for user interface, went with the Pax instead of the Mighty and couldn't be happier looking back!

cloudclout,

Vaporware

@JCat Since you’re one of the people with both who I don’t remember asking about this, have you used the FP at high temps (like around 777)?

If so, could you replicate it with the Evo?

The forum’s search feature won’t let me search for Evo in the FlowerPot thread because it’s such a short name, but it’s been talked about several times there. The same might be true of the Evo thread though. :)

In general they’re both solid performers and pretty easy to use, but personally I can’t see how the Evo would be easier...especially with non-hydratube glass where you use it similarly to the FlowerPot but it’s many times the size...

Also while the FP does use bowls, like someone using a bong would be used to, the Evo still has screen baskets you have to put in and pull out which seems less easy to me...

I really do think they’re both great options and I might get an Evo at some point too, I just want people to give them both a fair hearing. :)

@JCat Since you’re one of the people with both who I don’t remember asking about this, have you used the FP at high temps (like around 777)?

If so, could you replicate it with the Evo?

The forum’s search feature won’t let me search for Evo in the FlowerPot thread because it’s such a short name, but it’s been talked about several times there. The same might be true of the Evo thread though. :)

In general they’re both solid performers and pretty easy to use, but personally I can’t see how the Evo would be easier...especially with non-hydratube glass where you use it similarly to the FlowerPot but it’s many times the size...

Also while the FP does use bowls, like someone using a bong would be used to, the Evo still has screen baskets you have to put in and pull out which seems less easy to me...

I really do think they’re both great options and I might get an Evo at some point too, I just want people to give them both a fair hearing. :)
Hmm, ty. If I got the EVO the hydratube would be a no-brainer, idk it seems to me putting flower in the mesh basket then setting the tube on top, then just pulling the basket out after use and cashing it seems easier and safer than the FP - where one would have to heat up the nail (seems more precarious of a process to me) then put it on the piece. I guess while it seems the methodology behind the FP is simpler, the heated nail element makes it seem more complex overall. Unless I am missing something in all of the videos I have been watching? Or perhaps it is just preference at end of the day :)

cloudclout,

Vaporware

Maybe just preference, but the bowl doesn’t normally get hot, it’s just the head and the post it sits on. You can turn it on and leave it on as long as you want (something that I think is not recommended with the Evo), then you just set the head on the bowl for a few seconds and put it back on the stand...unless having two small pieces instead of one big one feels more complicated to you, I guess I just don’t see it.

Evo: Evo > basket screen > hydratube > you

FlowerPot: Head > bowl > glass > you

Same number of steps but the FP setup could be as little as a j-hook bowl and head (with the controller off to the side) where the Evo requires you to deal with the whole unit as one if you want to pick it up and use it.

Neither is wrong, and you may prefer one to the other, but they should both be easy and to me the FlowerPot seems a little more simple to use because you don’t have to pick the whole thing up to use it off of a table and the bowl seems a little easier to deal with to me.

Since heat isn’t applied continuously you can just leave the FP bowl in your glass all day and hit it any time - with the Evo you will probably turn it on and off a lot (waiting for it to heat up each time), remove the basket each time, or both.

If that all sounds fine to you and you’re leaning toward the Evo it should work out well, but I’m still not sure about replicating the higher temp FP hits in the Evo; maybe it’s possible, but if you want the hardest hitting options out there, the FP should be on the list - the Evo...depends on who you ask I think.

The Supreme is apparently a heavy hitter too, as are the Herborizer, the Sublimator, the Glass Symphony, the apparently the new G43, a lot of the butane stuff you weren’t interested in, etc.

I get wanting to grab something quickly, but I’d research a little more before buying if you want to be sure you get what you’re looking for the first time. :)

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I have used bongs for years and am really just looking for a sit-down/stationary vaporizer that can achieve the same usage effect. A 'one and done' type of hitter as it were, where similar to any bong you would take one big hit and youre done for a few hrs haha. Is there a type of vaporizer that most similarly would mimc a high class bong

Yeah. The Flowerpot.

JCat

Accessory Maker
@VaporWare and @cloudclout

I’m not one for hitting as hot as over 700, but yes, the EVO can also be turned up almost to (or to) combustion levels.

As far as leaving the EVO on, it’s fine, just not upside down.

The FlowerPot has lots of hot exposed metal whereas the EVO, although hot, will not burn you. I can always hold the body, and touching the glass hurts but doesn’t leave a mark (unless I was to hold it for a while). If I touch any of the exposed parts on the FP I have a blister level burn instantly.

I find the EVO baskets easy to put in and out (I have heat resistant hands but others recommend the e-pick by epicvape for removing hot screens. To load super easy especially using the “suck” method (I use a small silicone tube with Arizer EQ elbow for this)

Not saying one is better than the other, just different.

The FP is more versatile, but that’s not to say the EVO is not versatile.

I feel the EVO is safer generally, and the FP might naturally be the heaviest hitter of the 2, but apart from that all other differences I find mostly come down to user preference.

Read up on both @cloudclout and watch some videos and then make an educated decision :)

Can’t go wrong either way :)

Roth

Pining for the Mountains
what about a vapcap through a bong?

Not even in the same league. The EVO and FP are a weight class above the DynaVap.

I'm on break, so can't get detailed right now, but pretty much agree with what most have said.

I own both an EVO and FP. For flower use only, they are very comparable. I'd give a slight edge to the FP, but like @JCat mentioned, I think it's more preference at that point.

But, and it's a big ole but, if you plan on using concentrates with the device, there's no question in my mind I'd go with the FP.

The FP looks more complicated than it is. But one benefit of it, you can go down the coil/banger route for concentrates using your controller for the FP.

Like JCat said, I'd give a slight nod to the EVO for safety factors. The glass tip definitely gets hot, but not like the titanium on the FP.

virtualpurple

I would recommend posting in the classifieds to see if anyone has a Supreme v3 with the @JCat mod, it heats the supreme with an email controller and gives you very precise control. It is a skullcrusher. I have never used the flowerpot but I also own the evo and a whole host of other desktops and portables, many of which cost more than I like to thing about when I start to tally how much I have spent collectively. The Evo is a great vaporizer and I love the taste and effect, but I don’t think it’s even in the same atmostphere as the @JCat modded SV3. I don’t know if he is still making the mod to order any longer but i believe @lazylathe has used the modded sv3 and the Sv4 which is also electric, maybe he can weigh in as well?

JCat

Accessory Maker
I would recommend posting in the classifieds to see if anyone has a Supreme v3 with the @JCat mod, it heats the supreme with an email controller and gives you very precise control. It is a skullcrusher. I have never used the flowerpot but I also own the evo and a whole host of other desktops and portables, many of which cost more than I like to thing about when I start to tally how much I have spent collectively. The Evo is a great vaporizer and I love the taste and effect, but I don’t think it’s even in the same atmostphere as the @JCat modded SV3. I don’t know if he is still making the mod to order any longer but i believe @lazylathe has used the modded sv3 and the Sv4 which is also electric, maybe he can weigh in as well?
I have one set of plates left :) ... I have materials to make 2-3 more sets that I may make at some point if demand is there.

Dabtanian

I'm currently going through this same debate/process trying to find my ideal setup.

My current setup is a vapcap > bong. Love love love it.

Think the ember needs a good look as exactly the same process as smoking a bong other than ember replaces the lighter / heat source in the process, I'm really strongly looking at that atm.
Muscle memory and process being so similar should be great for a hardcore bong smoker whos stuck in there ritual.

FP is king but depends if your happy with cost, it being hot and no one ever talks about how stationary an enail setup is compared to a analogue bong. I think its overlooked that not all people like to sit in a corner or at a desk all eve.

Dabtanian,
Top Bottom