Best airtight container for storage

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
I have double cased bud in so many different materials it would make your head spin. lwien I simply think you lack expertise and experience in this area and I take issue with your conclusions. Lets leave it at that shall we?

Last edited:
t-dub,

lwien

I have double cased bud in so many different materials it would make your head spin. lwien I simply think you lack expertise in this area and I take issue with your conclusions. Lets leave it at that shall we?

Sure........

lwien,

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
Anybody use these?

Cure Cap

iV7iZ6o.jpg

lwien

I have double cased bud in so many different materials it would make your head spin. lwien I simply think you lack expertise and experience in this area and I take issue with your conclusions.

I've have only doubled case my bud in one way so compared to you, yes, I do lack expertise and experience so let me ask you something, and I am not being sarcastic or glib here for I really would like to pick your brain on this.

You know my tolerance level and how long bud lasts me. The absolute most bud that I will ever purchase at one time is an eighth and that eighth will last me approx. 4 months. You know how I've been storing my bud. Do you suggest another way? Would I even get better results by skipping the double sealing and storing my bud in oversized Mason Jars with a Boveda pack?

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Would I even get better results by skipping the double sealing and storing my bud in oversized Mason Jars with a Boveda pack?
I think you would absolutely. If color and terps matter to you. If all you are interested in is saving the essential oils then you may not think its worth the time or investment.

t-dub,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Please re-read my post. I edited it a bit.
Would I even get better results by skipping the double sealing and storing my bud in oversized Mason Jars with a Boveda pack?
I think you would absolutely. If color and terps matter to you. If all you are interested in is saving the essential oils then you may not think its worth the time or investment.

lwien

Here was my thought. I put them in Space Case containers that are only as big as the bud that fills them. If I just used a mason jar, there would be a LOT more air space in there.........a lot, even with small mason jars.

Secondly, the ONLY things that matter to me in regards to my bud is, number one..........the potency, and number two, the taste.

lwien,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Taste will be improved if you change what you are doing. Strength is much closer and harder to gage. I think if you count the effects of the terps then yes strength is definitely increased.

t-dub,

lwien

Taste will be improved if you change what you are doing. Strength is much closer and harder to gage. I think if you count the effects of the terps then yes strength is definitely increased.

So you feel that moisture control is more important than exposure to air?

lwien,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
So you feel that moisture control is more important than exposure to air?
No. Environmental control first has to start with "control". That means a sealed environment. Air is our carrier medium for water vapor. Once we have that then we can start adjusting parameters like RH, Temp, light, burping etc.

lwien

No. Environmental control first has to start with "control". That means a sealed environment. Once we have that then we can start adjusting parameters like RH, Temp, light, burping etc.

Understood but the way I'm currently storing my bud, there is MUCH less air exposure than if I just stored my bud directly in Mason Jars.

No vacuum sealing going on though...

lwien,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
There is not going to be much difference between what you are doing and a pint jar with a Boveda pack. Also, our medicine is a natural product that must breathe. I'm finding with my experience that burping and breathing is quite necessary otherwise flavors concentrate quite bit and can get quite pharmaceutical at times. Once we start managing the environment inside container size is less of an issue.

Last edited:
t-dub,

lwien

There is not going to be much difference between what you are doing and a pint jar with a Boveda pack.

I don't know man. An eighth of an ounce in a pint jar versus an eighth of an ounce in a container that only holds an eighth. The difference in air volume is quite a bit. Also, once I start using that eighth, I repackage them in 1 gram containers in an effort to keep the air exposure to a minimum and then put those little 1 gram containers in a pint size mason jar to further help with any air leakage. To me, this just seemed more important than adding Boveda packs, but again, I'm open to suggestions and is the reason I'm asking.

I even thought about putting a Boveda pack inside the mason jar but I don't know how it would good it could maintain a humidity level inside those little 1gr Space Case containers.

Regarding burping, I open them up periodically just in the process of accessing the bud.

Last edited:
lwien,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Once we start managing the atmosphere inside the container size is less of an issue. Get a half pint Mason jar if the pint is too big. You can't tell me a friggin half pint is too big . . . :rolleyes:

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
With the rolling eyes emoticon, I'm gonna bow out this...........now.

Laters..........

Sorry dude. I was laughing when I put that there so it was meant humorously. If you go any smaller on the container, and Mason does make them in the jams and jellies line I believe, its gong to be all glass and Boveda pack and no room for medicine . . . :D

Deano

Thanks for all the replies guys. Didn't realize this question would result in so many comments.

Not sure what the over all consensus was. I'm simply wanting airtight storage with everyday usage. Nothing will be put away long term and in high volume, mainly an 1/8 here and there.

I have a small jar now with a seal and clamp style lid but it still dries out my bud even though it appears to seal it completely. I'm noticing this pretty quickly, like a few days to a week or so.

I haven't tried small mason/baby food jars yet but may give it a go.

Thanks again guys

300-782-1748-9794-edited.jpg
what I'm using now

Deano,

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
I don't know man. [..] To me, this just seemed more important than adding Boveda packs, but again, I'm open to suggestions and is the reason I'm asking.
A lot of times I use a Boveda pack and I notice my herb is even more moist than I originally received it as. Just using a C-Vault with no pack allows my herb to eventually become a drier product that grinds easier.

lwien

Thanks for all the replies guys. Didn't realize this question would result in so many comments.

Not sure what the over all consensus was. I'm simply wanting airtight storage with everyday usage. Nothing will be put away long term and in high volume, mainly an 1/8 here and there.

I have a small jar now with a seal and clamp style lid but it still dries out my bud even though it appears to seal it completely. I'm noticing this pretty quickly, like a few days to a week or so.

I haven't tried small mason/baby food jars yet but may give it a go.

Thanks again guys

300-782-1748-9794-edited.jpg
what I'm using now

You want to try and get jars to have the lowest air to bud ratio as you can get. I use an 8th here and there as well so what I'll do is grind up about a two weeks supply, and for me, that's about a half of a gram and store that in a separate container so that the container that holds the 8th only gets opened up about once every two weeks.

Deano

You want to try and get jars to have the lowest air to bud ratio as you can get. I use an 8th here and there as well so what I'll do is grind up about a two weeks supply, and for me, that's about a half of a gram and store that in a separate container so that the container that holds the 8th only gets opened up about once every two weeks.
Thanks man. Sounds like solid advice. I'm going to find a better glass jar than what I have now with a smaller space to fill.

Top Bottom