Beck Heads?

Progress

'Socratic Existentialist, MD'
Ahh, another Beck-head. The name of that site always reminds me of Ryan Adams...hey, some RA Easy Tiger may be good for my next vape session
Electronic actors and astromagnetic corrupted files from galactical planets, writing interplanet code. Thoughts get transported from neanderthal skulls. Digital food malls, telemarketing people with cellular headsets on their skulls selling you wisdom from a plexiglass prism.Biochemical jism hits you with its rhythm. They act like Earth was a terrestial prison; a zoo for humans put their cities into ruins. Now we can feel what we're doing. We move the stratosphere in plastic. When you're out alive, spastic, what else can the dust try to tell us?"--Beck 1000BPS

What's not to like ;) ?

NJoy Ur Fridaze! :ko:

Progress,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
Yeah, I'm a big Beck fan myself actually. We share the same name. ;)

The Information is probably my favorite album, Odelay and Guero are a close second. Then again, none of his stuff is really bad... just a lot of those songs have personal meaning to me.

SpiralArchitect,

extremechick

Thanks for that Hennessey.

Some days we get a thrill in our head, some days, malaise

extremechick,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Modern Guilt is a great collab, still listening daily.

I still remember having my mind blown by Mellow Gold as a kid, makes me get all sentimental. Masterpiece indeed.

:bowdown:

vtac,

Progress

Good morning fellow Beckheads :lol:
My musical tastes include Cuszco (tribal music), Liquid Tension Experiment (progressive?), Scott Joplin (ragtime), GWAR (death/theater metal?), Ween (Crazy freakish jammy-pack rock?), etc., ,etc., ,etc., etc... (almost everything ;) ), but BECK STILL ROCKS ! ! !...Odelay...Yee-haaa...(sorry, I am a crazy ball of energy from the moment my eyes unglue and open :p )
A little aromatherapy and some buttered toast with breakfast should start my day off right :)
It is nice to hear from y'all (Wizadry loves company :brow: )
Toke it easy :cool:
Progress

Progress,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
Dude, a Ween fan too? I LOVE Ween. They are one of the few bands whos CDs I insist on purchasing. I own just about all of them, and even a cassette. :brow: :lol:

It's so hard to pick a favorite album (a song would be impossible) but I'd have to give it to what first got me into them, Chocolate & Cheese. Then again, White Pepper is fucking amazing too....

ehlq84.jpg

Hit me up if you want some rarities. I have all parts of The Stallion if your interested. Where did the cheese go, indeed. ;)

SpiralArchitect,

Progress

SA - Hit me up if you want some rarities. I have all parts of The Stallion if your interested. Where did the cheese go, indeed.
Thanks for the offer. I have a few friends on the east coast (and the west as well I guess) that are weeners (they keep me loaded on ween :ko: ). While I'm typing this I put on one of my favorites (Hot for Teacher with the drummer singing). I probably don't know songs or album names, but have always liked them when I've seen them and when they pop up on my MP3 shuffle :tup:

I'm surprised this small forum contained another ween fan :tup: :tup: (two thumbs up...it's like a word puzzle :lol: ).

Let's see if I can go smaller...how's about the Electric Waste Band?...Anyone?...

I'll leave y'alls with a favorite Ween lyric a'ight (my approximation at least)

"Sancho brought a message from'a the Fat Man
'Sorry, boy, to leave you high and dry,
I went to see my mom in Ensenada,
and I left a little something to help your time go by"

Name that ween tune anyone?

Peazout! :whoa:

Progress,

greenganja

there'll be no 2nd chance for you
tomorrow you'll be black and blue
show your friends your new tattoo
911 won't help you, fool

you're gonna suffer - you're gonna bleed
I've heard it all before - you will concede
I'm takin' everything - you're goin' down
lock up the doors - it's gonna be a long night

greenganja,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
Yeah, Bananas & Blow is a favorite of mine.... although I hate that drug. Having a full night binge then flying from MN to NY will do that to you. I swear I wanted to jump out of the fuggin' airplane after an hour....

SpiralArchitect,

Purple-Days

I own Odelay, and dig it. But I wouldn't consider myself a Beckhead, till yesterday.

Have you heard the new TV Ccommercial with the Beck lyrics to some strange folksy guitar. Man it wassn't till nearly the end that I noticed. And I was just hearing the set in the background of working (comcentrating on other stuiff) but in the last 5 seconds It dawned on me what was playing, It's sucked big balls. And I didn'y have time to see who the commercial was for.

Beck is a commercial sell out! :mad: :rolleyes: :2c:

ps Pam recognized it too, so it wasn't my imagiination...

Purple-Days,

Purple-Days

Just trying to stir it up.

No this is some product, and they took Becks words, it's an Odelay lyric for sure (I wouldn't recognixe it otherwise) and just ruined it somehow.

No, I wasn't trippin'.

A Product. Can you imagine that? Beck... :peace:

Purple-Days,

Progress

SA - Yeah, Bananas & Blow is a favorite of mine.... although I hate that drug.
He does say stuck in my cabana living off bananas and blow (not chillin in my cabana enjoying some bananas and blow :lol: )
PD - Beck is a commercial sell out! mad roll 2c
Just for the sake of argument how do you know he is not a die-hard fan of the shield and the song is not a collaboration he did with someone else for an upcoming episode in which Beck plays a groovy vaporizer inventor and enthusiast, etc, etc, etc. :D) ). :shrug:

Progress,

Purple-Days

NO< NO< NO nothing to do with The Shield, this was so awful. It was a PRODUCT, and :2c: for the record he has the right to do anything he wants with his 'art'. BUT this was awful. :rolleyes:

Two things, I didn't understand... why he would let his stuff be ripped apart like that and two why any commercial PRODUCT would want his endorsement ie,using his wierd lyrics to promote themselves.

Like Wavy Gravy doing a Cherios commercial. You can't understand either side going for it. Just too wierd.

Really folks, It''l come on again and I will see what PRODUCT it is...

Edit:Went and listened to The Shield, never heard of it, sorta, don't watch much TV. it chatters in the background, and any station that has any news is banned around here so all the big networks just aren't on the set. Anyway, yeah, you could hear the Beck right off in that song, the style was there... But this un-holy thing I am talking about is so absurd you just won't believe it has anything to do with him. But the words are therre as evidence... It is wierd, like fabric softner or something they are selling that makes no sense with the words... and this really happy folk melody beside Beck's very strange (admit it) words. It's like nails an a blackboard...

Purple-Days,

ILoveRadiohead!

That is really surprising, completely unlike what I think Beck would be down with. Extremely weird.

ILoveRadiohead!,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
Researching I found out Beck is a SCIENTOLOGIST and has been his whole life!!!

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o

His respect level just dropped a billion points. Call me judgmental but Scientology is a cult bent and built on de$truction and hypocri$y..... wow, wow wow wow!

SpiralArchitect,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
This is now the hate on Beck thread. :lol:

Yeah I was pretty surprised when I first read that... wonder how much his music was influenced by it. :hmm: Hard to hate on his artistic abilities though.

Tons of respect for the musicians who won't do commercials. But Beck almost seems like the type to do it just for the ironic value. Some obscure and cryptic lyric for a laundry detergent commercial or something. Maybe he donated the money to charity.

<--Devil's Haircut... errr.... advocate. :evil:

vtac,

Purple-Days

Not hating on him as much as pointing to the strangeness... It just hit me as really wierd and unexpected. And the backing track to the lyric was completely of in an... well, yeah I had thought this might be irony, but it sounded bad. Beck could do irony but it would sound like Beck, I would have thought. No hate, just stange as anything I have heard lately. And it wouldn't be the first Beck tune that my ear didn't 'get' the first go around. So I dunno... :ko:

Purple-Days,

extremechick

I've known for awhile now he was a Scientologist. Yeah, it's a weird religion, but aren't they all?

I also know that TRUE scientologists believe their body is a temple, and he smokes, so, he must not be practicing :lol:

extremechick,
Top Bottom