1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Bates/Worm Diffusion Pump Rig - External or Internal??

Discussion in 'Glass' started by Shooby, Dec 1, 2017.

1. Shooby

Shooby I Vape Too Much

SoCal - OC
    Happy Friday Folks!

I am looking for a low diffusion rig and I see that Grav Labs now makes the Bates/Worm for much cheaper and is interested in picking one up. Just not too sure which one would provide better taste, the internal or external. External almost looks like a recycler which has me leaning towards the internal.

Anyone own both rigs or have used both? Your feedback would be greatly appreciated!

I plan on using a Flowerpot with this rig.
    MoltenTiger and The Beagle like this.
  2. HengefulOne

HengefulOne Well-Known Member

Los Angeles
    Just picked up an internal (though china glass) planning on using it with my E-Nano. I will let you know how it works out.
    pxl_jockey and Shooby like this.
  3. mrbonsai420

mrbonsai420 I love Grass and Glass!

I have both, Both Grav labs not China and they are both sweet! I think I like the form factor and function of the internal better, BUT I use the external more because it looks cool! That being said I have so many new, colored art rigs I almost never use any of my scientific glass :( It's been a long time since I have pulled those out!
  4. brucee10

brucee10 Well-Known Member

I have a Bates external and a Grav Labs internal. I like the extra height of the external, so it's my daily driver. The height does make it feel a little more tip prone and I worry about it. I also like that it tends to stay a bit cleaner. My external also has a vertical joint, so it's a lot easier to get things lined up compared to the Grav version external.
  5. Baron23

Baron23 Well-Known Member

Wow, me too....Bates original external with vertical joint (which wasn't easy to find, by the by) and Gravlabs for the internal.

I rather agree that I like the external more....except it needs a wider/heavier base, IMO. I use a Liger banger and that sucker is heavy. I needed to get drop downs that kept the Liger very close the the vertical tube, otherwise its too liable to tip. But I love the function, performance, taste.

With a torch nail or even perhaps a D-nail slim line Halo, it may not be as much of an issue.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors