• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Bates/Worm Diffusion Pump Rig - External or Internal??

Shooby

4ShOObY3 - IG
Happy Friday Folks!

I am looking for a low diffusion rig and I see that Grav Labs now makes the Bates/Worm for much cheaper and is interested in picking one up. Just not too sure which one would provide better taste, the internal or external. External almost looks like a recycler which has me leaning towards the internal.

Anyone own both rigs or have used both? Your feedback would be greatly appreciated!

I plan on using a Flowerpot with this rig.

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
I have both, Both Grav labs not China and they are both sweet! I think I like the form factor and function of the internal better, BUT I use the external more because it looks cool! That being said I have so many new, colored art rigs I almost never use any of my scientific glass :( It's been a long time since I have pulled those out!

mrbonsai420,

brucee10

I have a Bates external and a Grav Labs internal. I like the extra height of the external, so it's my daily driver. The height does make it feel a little more tip prone and I worry about it. I also like that it tends to stay a bit cleaner. My external also has a vertical joint, so it's a lot easier to get things lined up compared to the Grav version external.

brucee10,

Baron23

I have a Bates external and a Grav Labs internal. I like the extra height of the external, so it's my daily driver. The height does make it feel a little more tip prone and I worry about it. I also like that it tends to stay a bit cleaner. My external also has a vertical joint, so it's a lot easier to get things lined up compared to the Grav version external.
Wow, me too....Bates original external with vertical joint (which wasn't easy to find, by the by) and Gravlabs for the internal.

I rather agree that I like the external more....except it needs a wider/heavier base, IMO. I use a Liger banger and that sucker is heavy. I needed to get drop downs that kept the Liger very close the the vertical tube, otherwise its too liable to tip. But I love the function, performance, taste.

With a torch nail or even perhaps a D-nail slim line Halo, it may not be as much of an issue.

Baron23,

Dubmonkey

When folks are saying they like the external more than the internal. What about the internal do you feel is lacking? Never tried a diffusion pump glass piece before and very curious how it compares to a bubbler or recycler.

Dubmonkey,

brucee10

When folks are saying they like the external more than the internal. What about the internal do you feel is lacking? Never tried a diffusion pump glass piece before and very curious how it compares to a bubbler or recycler.
My external looks better and pulls a little smoother. Of course, my external is a Bates x Worm model and my internal is Grav glass.

brucee10,

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker

nothing, like I said I think my internal hits every bit as good, maybe better! Plus the internal is more stable. The advantage to the external pump is that it looks really cool.

OK, you gys already know I buy only artist made glass now, no China rigs for me... But that being said,
Go get an FC-710 from DH-gate to try the internal, they are honestly just as good as the Grav-labs version, I have both. And grav labs is made in China anyway so it's not like you have artisan quality art glass either way...just sayin. You get a black ball valve (instead of clear) and a logo for the extra $100 lol.

https://www.dhgate.com/product/2015...water/216674730.html#s1-0-1b;searl|0404048202

mrbonsai420,
Top Bottom