• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Bassist looking to build vape into his rig

rhcp1253

I suffer from some aggressive rheumatological disease which causes joint pain and inflammation. I've been managing my pain with cannabis for the last year. I play bass and vaporize with an mflb. I play for long periods of time with bands and when I practice, and find it inconvenient to have to stop playing to vape every 10 minutes (I keep a very light buzz to keep my head as clear as possible when playing)

I would like to build a vaporizer into my setup. I was thinking some form of foot switch (next to my effects pedals) and a long tube going along with my guitar cable and into my mouth when I want it

I could either build the vape from scratch or do something with the mflb, but I would prefer it not running off batteries (and don't have the $$ for the PA)
Any suggestions or ideas? :)

EDIT: Sorry, I am 28, was not looking where I was typing :p

Last edited:

MichaelAB

I suffer from some aggressive rheumatological disease which causes joint pain and inflammation. I've been managing my pain with cannabis for the last year. I play bass and vaporize with an mflb. I play for long periods of time with bands and when I practice, and find it inconvenient to have to stop playing to vape every 10 minutes (I keep a very light buzz to keep my head as clear as possible when playing)

I would like to build a vaporizer into my setup. I was thinking some form of foot switch (next to my effects pedals) and a long tube going along with my guitar cable and into my mouth when I want it

I could either build the vape from scratch or do something with the mflb, but I would prefer it not running off batteries (and don't have the $$ for the PA)
Any suggestions or ideas? :)

Hey, fellow bassist. I like your thinking.

The foot-switch idea is a good one. I'm imagining a custom-something that would fit on a heavy or weighted mic stand; the power cord/foot-switch combo would be the hazard concern, same as a corded mic. And it could be easily moved.

You could build the foot switch into an empty pedal for some cool aesthetic. If you're good with electronics or know someone who is, you could even incorporate the foot switch into an old Wah Pedal for variable control (i.e. adjustable PA).

Unless you're resourceful and/or know some folks, I could see this getting expensive quickly. It'd be pretty damn cool, though.

I see that the PA2 is out of your budget just now. But when/if you could swing that expense, some kind of rigged on/off switch on the floor could be pretty easy; with the PA already dialed in to where you want it, all you'd need to do is hit the foot switch on. You could even just use a simple power strip with a light that comes on when On - maybe glue something onto the switch to make it a little easier to hit with your foot(?).

Last edited:
MichaelAB,

tuk

Any kind of vape building, guitar modding etc is going to get expensive really quick.

I would go for a balloon vape, if you don't want to stop playing to vape...then small rucksack(day bag) on your back with balloon inside, mouth organ holder holding the valve ...hose between valve & balloon.

KISS.

tuk,

Been Vapin

Fringe Class
Herr is some inspiration,
Piece-of-the-Week-Nate-Dizzle-Guitar-Pipe-Full.jpg

Piece-of-the-Week-Nate-Dizzle-Guitar-Pipe-Nate-Dizzle-with-Guitar.jpg

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
Sounds cheaper to just get a VaporGenie, otherwise I would make a quick setup with the mflb draw whip. But in my opinion if you don't have funds to get a PA how could you afford making a vape? But I could be reading it wrong.

What's wrong with batteries?

Last edited:

rhcp1253

Sounds cheaper to just get a VaporGenie, otherwise I would make a quick setup with the mflb draw whip. But in my opinion if you don't have funds to get a PA how could you afford making a vape? But I could be reading it wrong.

What's wrong with batteries?
I meant more along the lines of stringing some mesh in a chamber and using mflb batteries. Basically a mflb spread out lol.

At work right now so don't have my tubes, but I just thought about wrapping the mflb around my armpit area of my left arm so the tube goes up my shoulder. I could activate it by closing my armpit, pushing the battery in.
Sorry for the bad sentence structure, pretty medicated

Last edited by a moderator:
rhcp1253,

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
Wouldn't it be easier to eat some edibles beforehand? You would need to get your dosing down. You wouldn't want to over do it. :evil:Can be a bit tricky. Especially since you are working. Having a good time doing it, for sure. Then use a vape when you have your break to top things off. I'm with getting a VaporGenie. Some folks don't like the idea of a butane lighter.

Grim Chiclets

if you use racks for effects, you could build a rack mountable one with a Hakko element :p

IIRC there was a rackmount vape that was basically "vaporware" :cool:

Grim Chiclets,

bubbha ho-tep

SlowTokeMcgoats
Lol this is a cool idea I know if I saw a dude vaping out his bass guitar on stage I'd start a mosh pit.

To keep it simple though,
What if you just bought an LSV and mounted it in a spare mic Stand close to where you stand and play. That thing kinda looks like a microphone already you can just lean in like your about to sing and take a hit when you need a fix?
That wouldn't be quite as cool as taking a rip out your Axe though lol.

bubbha ho-tep,
Reactions: nondarb

exit

get an iolite cheap, it roasts really slowly but you need to take light draws. big butane tank for about 4 long sessions, big chamber to load a fat roast. works great. works well with a little tube if thats your thing.

exit,

bubbha ho-tep

SlowTokeMcgoats
Here's the rack-mounted studio vaporizer in question. Apparently it was possible to buy it until April 2014 but maybe it is still available. So not really "vaporware", just very limited hand-built series...

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/the-rmv420-rackmountable-vaporizer.1677/

Anyways, if the OP can't afford a PA, the link would be just for drooling...

Lol that guy in the video was cracking me up,
That thing is cool but what happens when you accidentally blow back into it?
I'd imagine things could get distracting while Rocking out on stage.
It also seems like it would slide out of there really easy too.
You could be hitting the vape then all a sudden a girl flashes her tits at you and of course your in a hurry to turn around so then u spin back only to pull your whip out and spill your load all over her tits lol

bubbha ho-tep,

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
I believe the rmv420 is pretty much a overpriced vapolution in a very large rack mountable form, I could see your soundman sitting back hitting it while sitting at his console though. So if you sound like shit you can always blame the rmv420.

:hmm: Now Just gotta see if there's room in my Zeta crossover to install an underdog heating core.
with a battery pack on the strap I could be good to go.(will never happen)

:rockon:

Last edited:

thisperson

Ruler of all things person
There is now a really good convection on demand portable called the Zion and the Milaana is its close cousin. Just thought you should know. I stumbled across this thread and thought that would fix your problems. I don't have experience with it, but it seems to be the recent must have.

Oh wow a year+ old. And he never came back. lol. /edit.

Really vaked.

HD Springer

I've done this exact same thing. I mean if we weren't vaked as fuck then why would we be here. What's cool is we get to see older threads that we might of missed the first time around. And not to mention I love those that you threw out.

jim-bob

I've been obsessed with the RMV420 for years now. I've even included it on riders, but I still haven't seen one show up in my rig..

Top Bottom