Balancing mmj use and a productive lifestyle

leaf hound

Hi, i'm new, posting this to fc because I find that this site's colour scheme isn't embarrassingly weed-themed.

Simple question; my friend vapes because it helps with a physical illness that recurs with stress, both with the specific symptoms (nerve pain) and annihilating the stress that leads to it. They want a regular and productive lifestyle, but would rather not give up the medicinal properties of cannabis. Their day to day life involves dealing with systematic thinking, and hence requires both a drive to read long texts, and a degree of clarity in one's thought. Unfortunately they live in a country in which prohibition is still in effect, so the institutional mechanisms to provide responsible lifestyle advice along with the medicine, don't exist.

I would like to open discussion for them with medical users of this site; has anyone got any advice they could share drawn from their own personal reconciliation of the need for a highly active lifestyle, strong daily work ethic and clarity of mind, with the use of mmj?

leaf hound,
Reactions: NajaNaja

Bouldorado

Some dispensaries offer a "high cbd" strain or products. I've never personally tried any, but the theory is they provide pain relief without getting the patient excessively high.

This probably isn't an option in the UK though.

leaf hound

Thanks, you're right; it is not so easy to choose strains in the UK, but it is useful information nevertheless.

leaf hound,

JCat

Accessory Maker
I find that consistent, regular usage provides me with a significant tolerance so the impairment factors are less pronounced.

Figure out a schedule and minimum dosage amount that provides the required relief, and stick to it. (Smaller amounts more regularly throughout the day work well to avoid the "couch lock" type effects for me ... that and staying with Sativa dominant strains although if your tolerance isn't there the psychoactive effects of the Sativa's could be problematic ...)

Top Bottom