Bakers Batch?

HughJundys

Waistband Optimizer
Staff member
I live in a legal state. I have my goods delivered. Its convenient and the dispensers always have a line.

The down side to that is I don't have a cashier I can ask questions.

One of the places I buy from have these 1 oz jars of herb called Bakers Batch. They list it as shake but other than THC amount there is not much more info. They are a significantly cheaper than buying the flowers as buds.

One of them lists the cannabinoids at 31-34%. So that one in particular got my interest. Is there something wrong with these Bakers Batches like a bunch of stems included? Is it the same as me grinding my buds? The price is nearly half of what it would be otherwise.

just_the_flu

they say im crazy but i have a good time
...i cannot say for sure but i would assume the 'bakers batch' is just shake and other remnants they cannot sell on their own... kind of the same idea on the mixed bag's of penny candy you can get at most variety stores or the bag of bread crust from the grocery store, etc...

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
Depends on what the dispensary are referring to when the say 'shake'.

Traditionally 'Trim' is the sugar leaves that grow out the bud and often is loaded with trichomes, although not nearly as many as you would find in the actual bud.

Normally 'shake' is what's left over after the 'Trim' has been sifted to remove most of the good stuff... the trichomes. There is usually a small amount of trichomes left but really the only thing that's worth doing with the stuff is to make edibles out of it.

The thing that's confusing me is the 31-34% THC claim, if it really is 'shake' then that number should be far lower, more like =>10%.

So my guess is it's the other definition of 'shake':

"Leftovers” might be the simplest description. Shake consists of small pieces of cannabis flower that break off of larger buds, generally as the result of regular handling. But just like leftovers, shake can be delicious or disgusting. Knowing what to look for in shake can mean the difference between a cool, clean smoke and a coughing fit...

... the question becomes whether the discount is worth it.
*From 'Leafly - What is Shake?' click to read the full article which discusses if it's worth it or not.

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
The bakers batch refers to folks using trim to make butter and oil for edibles. The bud top shelf is too expensive when making butter /oil in some areas. Some may grow their own so cost isn’t an issue.

Buy some and see if it’s worth it to vaporize with. I’ve had some pretty potent trim and I’ve had trim that wasn’t very potent. It all depends on the trim. Some budtenders know their business but other bud tenders don’t know their jobs very well.

Last edited:

HughJundys

Waistband Optimizer
Staff member
Bought the Bakers Batch because I was curious. I wish I had taken a picture. It was very green with long cuttings. It reminded me of lawn clippings. I vaped some, tasted fine but I couldn't get over the appearance. I ended up giving 3/4 of an ounce to one of the FCers here for them to squish. I've been told the yirld was 1.75 grams. I'll see how it tastes and performs later this week.

fjhl43.png

I wanted to see what the shake was like from the dispensary too. This is a 1/2 ounce of Ghost Train Haze and a 1/2 ounce of Sour Jack. I haven't tried any. I've noticed a few stems and some small popcorn buds.

Top Bottom