Bad trip or laced weed?

baurman

Modnote: Merged.

Could it be my weed was laced?

My friend was talking about how he has White Widow and I've been smoking for years and I have never experienced a high as I did when I took 2-3 bong hits from this strain. In fact, it was too intense that if he told me that it was laced, I would believe it. But I think he was trying to mess with me or experience with me to see how I am and lied to me saying it's just potent bud. Basically, the way I was feeling was TWEAKED out. Usually when I smoke I end up getting tired and going to sleep, but this did not. My jaw was clenching, my hands were shaking, I felt like I was on Ecstasy. If bud can really be this strong then I have a new found respect for it because I smoke EVERY DAY and I've never experienced a high like this... ever. How could I be able to tell if there was Liquid Meth or PCP or anything laced with it? I looked at the Bud grinds and I saw a lot of white stuff, but it wasn't rocky/powdery like meth or coke. And the White Widow strain is usually white anyways.

It was just scary because I got really paranoid and thought that my 2 friends had plotted to take me to their house to kill me. They kept trying to calm me down but it felt fake to me. When I told them I wanted to go downstairs they didn't want me to leave and kept trying to get me to take more hits (because they knew it was laced?) but when I told them "No! I need a breather" they started to get mad and were kicking me out-like. Another thing that scared me was the fact that he asked me "What time you think you're going home...?" and to me I felt like why is he asking me this? Is it because he's gonna kill me and I'm not going home at all? Was it just really potent Bud or am I crazy? :uhoh:

baurman,

mattybass

Quasi-Intellectual
Well I think you just need to look at the situation rationally... if they're two of your "friends", we can assume that you know them well... and would they do something like that to you?

White Widow is a very potent strain of MJ... Sounds like you just got overly stoned and a bad case of paranoia. From what I've read, a good way to tell if the pot was laced is if you felt like shit when you woke up the next day. MDMA laced with speed (ecstasy), my friends have told me, makes you feel downright depressed the next day. So if you felt more or less "normal" and sober, then I doubt it was laced. The white powder is likely just the ridiculous amount of trichomes from the Widow.
:2c:

mattybass,

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
baurman said:
My jaw was clenching, my hands were shaking, I felt like I was on Ecstasy. If bud can really be this strong then I have a new found respect for it because I smoke EVERY DAY and I've never experienced a high like this... ever.

Whenever I get hold of a new potent strain (or what I am told is potent), I take a hit at 140C in the Extreme/whip, and wait about an hour and take 1/2 more hits. Generally works for me as I find out the characteristics of a strain (perhaps about 0.4g to find out how I'm going to manage it).

However 2 weeks ago I picked up what I was told was 'Grape Ape'. I got sloppy and didn't measure out, but instead just dumped a small pile into the Extreme's bowl and started to hit it at 190C. About 5 minutes later I was just starting at my computer screen (playing a game), and couldn't figure out what was going on. Started walking around the room and everything became herky jerky, and thought I was having muscle spasms. I experienced a few minor visual disturbances (you could call them low grade hallucinations) and started to wonder how I would avoid the one poison piece of food on my plate. I was really hungry so I ate the food, poison be damned.

Bottom line; GF says I stared at the computer screen for about 30 minutes, and only mumbled when she talked to me. Wasn't walking around. Wasn't eating food. Just having a million mile an hour movie in my head :) If I didn't know where the weed came from, I would have sworn it was laced. But it wasn't; it was just damn strong weed that hit me very hard. Didn't affect GF like that; she just started making fish tacos and cooking at 2am.

I've never tried ecstasy, so I can't compare my experiences to that. When eaten (brownies, cookies, anything requiring cannabutter or hard candies), I frequently get the hallucinagenic, quasi tripping, mushroom like effects; but I know it's pot.

Yeah, bud can really be that strong :p

Tom

tdavie,

Beezleb

The strongest smoke I ever had was the White Widow the year it won the Cannabis cup. Me and a friend walk into our first coffee shop and order the strongest thing which was called white widow and all I can tell you is it was bright day light when we went in and dark as shit when we left. Talk about a wonderfully bizarre time and I am not sure if we ever finished the bong or if we didnt finish the second hehe, that has never happened to us before or since and this was my first introduction to European weed compared to American at the time.

Beezleb,

lwien

White Widow is a very potent Sativa and for me, is the most hallucinogenic bud I've ever vaped. I've found that if I cut it with a good strong Indica, it can help to take some of the raciness away.

But yeah, with any new strain, I'll wait a good 10 to 15 minutes between hits till I get the lay of the land.

lwien,

aesthyrian

Blaaaaah
The first and only time I had some white widow I got waaay too baked and even ended up throwing up several hours later. Keep in mind we were doing steam rollers and I hadn't developed the tolerance I have these days.

aesthyrian,

Beezleb

White widow is an Indica and Sativa hybrid. Another potent strain is herijuanna.

Beezleb,

rotax

Zaporist
Synth THC/Cannibinoids (sp?) in powder form can also be very potent by what I've read from users experiences.

But it sounds to me like it was a combo of too much smoke for the situation, in addition to mental / physical state at the time..

And if your afraid of your friends..killing you..there's definitely something more going on with your own person vs it being the herbs fault. I'd look into that first..

And, in regards to any drug (as well as strains of mj apparently). Start slow and with less...get a feeling for what can or will happen.
KNOW/Recognize and RESPECT your own personal limits...this I think is the biggest issue with a lot of people in regards to all sorts of things in life, not just drugs/alcohol/food consumption/etc.

It seems like so many people feel a need to match, or out due their friends..which should NEVER be the case w/ any drug.
I myself have been guilty of this when I used to drink hard[er] liquor..and it took one bad night for me.. I found my limit, I now respect it..and stick to herb 99.8% of the time, and Mikes Hard [insert fruit name here] the other .2%! :)
Your responsible for YOUR own actions.

Strain info here: http://www.kindgreenbuds.com/marijuana-strains/whitewidow.html 40% indica/60% sativa

rotax,

baurman

Don't rule out that Drug Dealers won't lace it because the drug usually costs more.

Some dealers will lace it with liquid meth or coke without telling you to get you HOOKED on it. They will pretend they have the bombest bud in the state So you come back and buy more from them. So they are taking the chance to see if they can hook you on it and buy more from that particular dealer.

baurman,

aesthyrian

Blaaaaah
I just seriously can't believe that a dealer would find the time, and cost worth the effort to lace their product with a more expensive drug to get you "hooked" even though the chances of you buying ONLY from them is pretty slim in the first place. Make no logical sense and I'm sure it happens, but it can't be that common. Can it?

aesthyrian,

finchrock24

Proud MMJ Patient
I had a bad trip one time...wasn't laced becasue I came down in about 3 minutes from the inital panic attack and felt fine (just a little shaken up) afterward.

I had eaten an edible (small cookie) and taken a pretty copious amount of bowls (bong, J, pipe, etc...parting with the buddies...you know how it goes) and I was in my buddies care going to wal-mart (yup, that stoned). About half way there I get terrible panic attack...and I remember thinking my GF HATED me (which she didn't at all) and that only made it worse. At the worst point, I physically tried to get out of the front seat and climb around his car...while thinking that I saw two of my friends in the back seat, but they were not there. My buddy rolled down the window and I got some air and reclined the seat. As soon as I got some fresh air I could feel myself 'come back'. Afterwards I was clamy, sweaty, and hot, but overall felt just fine. I have never done Salvia, but I would assume that this trip was similar to Sal. and infact I thought that maybe someone staked the bowl with some sal and herb. I have seen friends trip salvia and I know that for about a minute or 2 I was acting the same way they did when they tripped...mine was just shorter. Uber intense, and had I been prepared for it, I might have enjoyed it....but when you are going to wal mart to look at camping supplies and all the sudden see people that aren't there and feel like climbing around inside a moving car its a little scary.

Its what I would call a weed OD...obviously not really an OD, but you know what they say about too much of a good thing...

finchrock24,

Vayu

Connor O'berst
Dude I think you had a panic attack.

Weed has some cardio-pulmonary effects so heart racing is normal, and anxiety can send it over the top.

Here's what you do:

Don't smoke at night when you're all alone and can freak. Smoke earlier in the day if you can.

Use less, see how you feel, and gauge dose evenly.

Make some decaffeinated tea (fennel seed works great), and put on something that will make you laugh, and bring you out of the funk.

Finally, don't mix drugs with other drugs or alcohol, etc.

Good luck!

Vayu,

decensor

I'm an extremely frequent user and I've had this happen earlier on. It's rare, but it can happen with sativas. My guy was getting in some $35/eighth stuff in for a while and if I smoked too much it'd do this to me, back when I had a low tolerance. With one batch a single .5g bowl did this to me and it wasn't laced with anything, just a really strong sativa that me and my low tolerance weren't ready for.

decensor,

Vapordreamer

Recently something similar happened to me. I am a frequent user for about five months but had a break of two days.

I took two bong tokes (I'm not really used to the effects of a bong, only vaporizer and joint) and ~15 min. after this I felt my limbs disappearing and I lost my sense for reality. I forgot who I was what I was or where I was. Then I lost control over my body and I felt like I was in a picture frame where gravity forces me to move my body in slow motion in certain directions.
The friend of mine with whome I smoked told me something and I heard it a million times in my head. It felt like eternity.
After that he recognises something is wrong and tries to calm me down but panicks too because he thinks that I'll be mentally retarded for the rest of my life. I feel his worrieness but that freaks me out even more. I resist the imaginary force that pushes me in certain directions but that leads to me throwing up several times.
Then I also thought that I was him and that individual persons do not exist and when I closed my eyes I saw energy vibrating and everything was in that energy. I also heard my friend say things that he never said but it felt like he was in another world.
A few hours later after an experienced tripper came in and acted as if I was normal ( because he knew that I was gonna be alright) gave me milk and cheese I was able to sleep.
The next day my friend with whom I smoked told me that I also had a lot of muscle spasms and that I kept repeating I'm a human (I did this to remind myself that I am real). He had an intense experience too because he thought the entire time that I was a little schoolboy and he also had some visual hallucinations.
Another strange thing is that we both felt detached from reality and stoned the entire next day which normally is not the case.

I too don't know if that was laced weed or just contaminated with lead or if I was just having an intense experience.

Vapordreamer,

crawdad

floatin
Vapordreamer, fwiw i enjoyed the recount of your experience so thanks for sharing. ive had similar although not quite as detached as you described. its nice to have someone treat you normal and not panic along with you when you are on such trips. and i would not call these types of trips bad necessarily, for me at least is still has a strong sense of clarity that goes along with it as do most of my vapor sessions.

crawdad,
Top Bottom