Backout buyers, how do you feel about them?

z9

I see buying and selling on forums no different than doing it on craigslist or eBay. First come, first serve. I don't wait for payment unless I've built a good rapport with the buyer. Their problems aren't going to stop me from selling something especially if I'm in need of money. I wouldn't expect a buyer to take something off the market if I promised to pay in a few days. If its meant to be, nobody else will buy it. Maybe I'm just an asshole...

z9,

Fenton Mewley

A man in search of cloudier pastures
Back outs sucks for every transaction.

I sell on eBay regularly, it's the worst when people don't pay on eBay because they'll charge you an invoice for their services at the end of the month. So when a buyer takes a week or two to not pay, and the invoice comes over, you get charged regardless of buyer payment. They'll put a negative amount on the next invoice when the non-payment claim is disputed. Not the same as cash, as paypal monies is gone and you have "credit" now. Can't use that money until I sell enough items to cover that negative amount...

Fenton Mewley,

vapomancer

personally , I never bid or make an offer unless I can pay immediately . I know I've been bumped up in line in the past due to an offer to pay cash , right now . Not to sound all smug and self - satisfied , because I did recently back out of a craigslist deal . I had made an offer on a piece of furniture and arranged to pick it up and pay cash the weekend after i called the seller , then had a ball-joint break on my truck ( while i was driving . scary as hell , but a dif story ... ) Made the offer on mon , truck broke on tue . I obviously couldn't afford the dresser , repair was a little over 3x what i offered . I felt like such a douche backing out , it took me 2 more days to call the guy and even then wasn't honest with him . I told him about the repairs , but pretended i could afford to come get it as soon as my truck was running , then finally called him the next week to back out . and while he was understanding and not too pissed , I still felt terribly embarrassed . its like admitting to a stranger that I live so paycheck - to - paycheck , I can't squeeze a measly $150 into my monthly budget .
So , while I agree , backouts suck , I can sympathize with how hard it can be to back out .

vapomancer,
Top Bottom